PDA

View Full Version : A better ending "battle" for AC2

Oatkeeper
12-30-2009, 09:53 PM
So I finally got around to playing the batman game a while back and today I was thinking of the Apple of Eden when I thought came up to me, wouldn't it have been awesome if the after the 4 Ezio sword fight, rather than getting into a fistfight with a fat man, Rodrigo could have used the Apple+Staff to create a "hidden tomb" like level, much like the scarecrow levels from Arkham Asylum.

dont get me wrong I loved the ending of the game but the fist fight was a tad disappointing considering the awesomeness of 4 ezios fighting man with a magic staff.

AC3 should have something like that involving the apple, anyone else agree that it would be awesome to have something like that?

example of what happened in Arkham Asylum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfC0SNPg6og
the actual level starts at 2:52

TooLazy4Name
12-30-2009, 11:00 PM
uh huh, not meaning to be mean, especially since i havent played batman, but if he can create that much of a illusion to make ezio, judging from what i briefly read there, to fight enemies HE created, why not just kill ezio in the illusion? you know, drop a spiked ceiling on him, something that will 100% work?

EDIT: i read wrong, i dont think you meant a level with enemys that attack him. unless that is what you mean, im a bit tired over here at 1:00 am...sorry.

EzioAssassin51
12-31-2009, 12:52 AM
I haven't played Batman but i agree that would have been a cool level! Much better than the fist fight!

itsamea-mario
12-31-2009, 02:26 AM
but it just creates illusions, i assume you'd want him jumping and swinging on things, but those things wouldnt be there and he would just fall, it'd be good for borgia but not for the player.

Fudz4
12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
So I finally got around to playing the batman game a while back and today I was thinking of the Apple of Eden when I thought came up to me, wouldn't it have been awesome if the after the 4 Ezio sword fight, r<span class="ev_code_RED">rather than getting into a fistfight with a fat man</span>ather than getting into a fistfight with a fat man, Rodrigo could have used the Apple+Staff to create a "hidden tomb" like level, much like the scarecrow levels from Arkham Asylum.

dont get me wrong I loved the ending of the game but the fist fight was a tad disappointing considering the awesomeness of 4 ezios fighting man with a magic staff.

AC3 should have something like that involving the apple, anyone else agree that it would be awesome to have something like that?

Lol classic sense of humour there... at the end of AC 2 you fight the Templar Spaniard who is now the Pope... a.k.a the fat man lol back to the point ye but it may have been too much I mean the Apple and Staff has so much power already aswell as being a key when put together. I dont know I enjoyed the fist fight... quite satisfying beating up the pope... and I dont mean that againts anyone but Its just ammusing.

Avl521
12-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Eagle_Ghost101:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
So I finally got around to playing the batman game a while back and today I was thinking of the Apple of Eden when I thought came up to me, wouldn't it have been awesome if the after the 4 Ezio sword fight, r<span class="ev_code_RED">rather than getting into a fistfight with a fat man</span>ather than getting into a fistfight with a fat man, Rodrigo could have used the Apple+Staff to create a "hidden tomb" like level, much like the scarecrow levels from Arkham Asylum.

Lol classic sense of humour there... at the end of AC 2 you fight the Templar Spaniard who is now the Pope... a.k.a the fat man lol back to the point ye but it may have been too much I mean the Apple and Staff has so much power already aswell as being a key when put together. I dont know I enjoyed the fist fight... quite satisfying beating up the pope... and I dont mean that againts anyone but Its just ammusing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree on that.
Plus the Tomb like level you propose is certainly not possible.
1st. the obstacles would not be there so jumping wuld mean only falling.
2nd. Ezio seemed to be immune to the illusions/mind control, just like Altair was.

Oatkeeper
12-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Example of what Batman: AA did added

and Altiar wasnt completely immune, his mind could not be controlled but he was still susceptible to illusions, so having Ezio effected by such a trick would not be so far fetched. and as you see in the video, batman is able to overcome the fear-gas much like Altair did the apple only he used the hidden blade

EzioAssassin51
12-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
but it just creates illusions, i assume you'd want him jumping and swinging on things, but those things wouldnt be there and he would just fall, it'd be good for borgia but not for the player.

Maybe but Ezio could use the apple to make them solid temporarily or maybe even give Borgia the illusion he was jumping on them! Or there should have been a bit more parkour before you got to the vault/beat-up area instead of just walking there!

Mykonos_Fan
01-01-2010, 08:52 AM
I kinda thought it was hilarious, actually, fist-fighting an old man, haha.

Never thought I'd get into a fist-fight with the Pope in a video game.

MrNussbaum
01-01-2010, 09:04 AM
I didn't have a problem with the fist fight, it had a personal feel to it and that's what it was to Ezio...personal. However, I would have liked some music to make you feel a sense of urgency in the battle. The final battle felt as important as a battle with a random archer on a roof top.

I will say this though, I have noticed that when you are notorious (which I was at the time of the final battle) and you enter a battle, the music doesn't change to something more dramatic, but when you aren't notorious it does. So maybe if I managed to get to Borgia without being notorious the music in the final battle would change to something more dramatic, but I think Ubisoft dropped the ball in this point of the game.

ORI-
01-16-2010, 04:31 AM
I will say this though, I have noticed that when you are notorious (which I was at the time of the final battle) and you enter a battle, the music doesn't change to something more dramatic, but when you aren't notorious it does. So maybe if I managed to get to Borgia without being notorious the music in the final battle would change to something more dramatic

Yes that's why you're getting the slow music. In the soundtrack that music that was playing for you is called "Notorious" for a reason. I got through it without getting notorious and the songs are amazing.

Only problem is, I just bought the soundtrack on amazon and those particular songs are nowhere on it.