PDA

View Full Version : Where to get 4.05??? wait a minute, do I want this??????

Skeet2005
06-19-2006, 01:34 PM
OK, I can't stand the Corsair jumping all over, how much is this fix, and where do I find it??? Please post me a link, thanks!!!!
Mike

Skeet2005
06-19-2006, 01:34 PM
OK, I can't stand the Corsair jumping all over, how much is this fix, and where do I find it??? Please post me a link, thanks!!!!
Mike

berg417448
06-19-2006, 02:06 PM
This may help you:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/107...891011834#8891011834 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/1071011834/r/8891011834#8891011834)

Skeet2005
06-19-2006, 04:10 PM
OK, I just don't get it, I have to go to the UK store to buy this download, (I am in the states...) There is NO link for this anywhere on the US page, searches for PE-2 come up with nothing, (unless I am on the UK site...) Then there is wierd stuff in the post you sent me about cancelling then deleting boontybox, etc, what gives? can't they just patch and fix my corsair? I don't get it, if it is such an improvement, why is it hidden from us US buyers? I just don't get it, can anyone explain? In simple terms? I read through some lenthy battles in the ready-room about the gun problem, and really feel confused, i bought the "complete" DVD too have it all in one install, and now I am not so sure I did the right thing, why the "secret" download of a hard to find add on named PE-2? 9.99 euro for a somewhat obscure bomber add-on and a questionable boontybox thing? I don't like the whole thing, tell me why I should.

Akula_73.IAP
06-19-2006, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skeet2005:
somewhat obscure bomber </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT?? Pe-2 was also reffered to as russian mosquito, one of best planes in its class!

Let's burn the heretic!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

(sorry can't help you with other thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

VW-IceFire
06-19-2006, 04:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skeet2005:
OK, I just don't get it, I have to go to the UK store to buy this download, (I am in the states...) There is NO link for this anywhere on the US page, searches for PE-2 come up with nothing, (unless I am on the UK site...) Then there is wierd stuff in the post you sent me about cancelling then deleting boontybox, etc, what gives? can't they just patch and fix my corsair? I don't get it, if it is such an improvement, why is it hidden from us US buyers? I just don't get it, can anyone explain? In simple terms? I read through some lenthy battles in the ready-room about the gun problem, and really feel confused, i bought the "complete" DVD too have it all in one install, and now I am not so sure I did the right thing, why the "secret" download of a hard to find add on named PE-2? 9.99 euro for a somewhat obscure bomber add-on and a questionable boontybox thing? I don't like the whole thing, tell me why I should. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here's what the deal is.

Its released in Europe through Ubisoft Europes channels. The US and Canada Ubisoft store probably elected to wash its hands of the whole thing. As North American bean counters (the people who you may know as accountants and marketing people) probably figured that it wasn't worth the time and money to support it from the North American sites they left it alone. Stupid yes but blame the company over here.

The thing is that you shouldn't get all worried about it. You pay for it exactly the same as you would if it was at the North American site. It takes an extra step to get over to the UK or French site but its not a big deal. The Visa payment automatically transfers the Pounds into Dollars and away you go.

As for the Corsair thing...its not a fix persay. The difference is that the flight model tends to change whenever they add new planes or come out with new patches and a sideeffect of that change is that the Corsair is now a bit more stable and thus less gun related sway during the firing. If you asked the developers about it...they would deny that they even know what you're talking about and that would probably be the truth.

So its not some personal slight or scam...its just the reality of the situation.

berg417448
06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
The reason you have to go to the UK site is that it is not sold in the USA and if you want to download it in English the UK site is the one you'll need.

Only you can decide whether it is worth it to you to buy it or not.

Skeet2005
06-19-2006, 06:38 PM
OK, I feel a bit better, (I think)... and Aluka, no offense meant,I have studied sooo much about WWII planes, but mostly about The Battle of Britain, and the PTO, and as a result, I don't know too much about the Russian planes, though they are intriguing! I have been a fan of all WWII planes for my whole life (almost 40 years now...,as my great uncle was a machine gunner in the Phillipines in WWII... and taught me about control line and RC craft....)He loved the Mustang and the P-38, he was US Army.

VW-IceFire
06-19-2006, 07:17 PM
OK, I feel a bit better, (I think)... and Aluka, no offense meant,I have studied sooo much about WWII planes, but mostly about The Battle of Britain, and the PTO, and as a result, I don't know too much about the Russian planes, though they are intriguing! I have been a fan of all WWII planes for my whole life (almost 40 years now...,as my great uncle was a machine gunner in the Phillipines in WWII... and taught me about control line and RC craft....)He loved the Mustang and the P-38, he was US Army. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Be sure to have a quick read about the history of the Pe-2. I found it just as interesting as the development history of the Spitfire and Hurricane (Battle of Britain is my thing too). Its a fascinating aircraft. I didn't think too much of it being flyable until I found myself in a Pe-3 at 2000m with a He-111 dead ahead of me and a nose full of heavy machine guns and cannons. Its a different experience...you're just as big as he is (nearly) but oh so much more agile.

berg417448
06-19-2006, 07:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
OK, I feel a bit better, (I think)... and Aluka, no offense meant,I have studied sooo much about WWII planes, but mostly about The Battle of Britain, and the PTO, and as a result, I don't know too much about the Russian planes, though they are intriguing! I have been a fan of all WWII planes for my whole life (almost 40 years now...,as my great uncle was a machine gunner in the Phillipines in WWII... and taught me about control line and RC craft....)He loved the Mustang and the P-38, he was US Army. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Be sure to have a quick read about the history of the Pe-2. I found it just as interesting as the development history of the Spitfire and Hurricane (Battle of Britain is my thing too). Its a fascinating aircraft. I didn't think too much of it being flyable until I found myself in a Pe-3 at 2000m with a He-111 dead ahead of me and a nose full of heavy machine guns and cannons. Its a different experience...you're just as big as he is (nearly) but oh so much more agile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reminds me of a combat related in the book Night Fighter by C.F. Rawnsley and Robert Wright. They were using night fighter Beaufighters to try to intercept German bombers who were using the heavy cloud cover and generally crappy weather as cover for their bombing runs. The author described a swirling winding match that the Beaufighter and an He-111 got into through the clouds. The chase went on for quite a while but finally the He-111 ended up striking the ground and the crew was killed. IIRC the German pilot turned out to be the commander of the bomber unit. The Beaufighter crew was extremely impressed with his ability to maneuver the He-111.

Skeet2005
06-21-2006, 04:23 AM
Just read through the "petition" post on this board, and it seems a lot of people are up in arms over it, too! That said, unlike some of those on that post,I have no fear of buying online or anything like that,(have fasssst broadband connection...) Really, I am just confused by the marketing strategy (or lack thereof!) Some of us have supported this sim for years, (like me) and bought all of its versions from the store, (or online vendor) and heck, I even bought the "complete" version, so technically, I bought everything TWICE!!!!!
PS: and why the addition of this boontybox thing, anyway???!!
Mike

FluffyDucks
06-21-2006, 04:48 AM
Its no big deal, just download it get your PE-2 download(it will be in the "my downloaded games" folder). Install the Pe-2 then uninstall Boonty adding your previously saved FB/PF exes into your game folder. Dead simple no big deal. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WOLFMondo
06-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Just read through the "petition" post on this board, and it seems a lot of people are up in arms over it, too! That said, unlike some of those on that post,I have no fear of buying online or anything like that,(have fasssst broadband connection...) Really, I am just confused by the marketing strategy (or lack thereof!) Some of us have supported this sim for years, (like me) and bought all of its versions from the store, (or online vendor) and heck, I even bought the "complete" version, so technically, I bought everything TWICE!!!!!
PS: and why the addition of this boontybox thing, anyway???!!
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As the abov poster states its no big deal.

Boontybox does nothing to your PC and it can be easily removed if your paranoid and its only a couple of hundred MB so it doesn't take long to download on a 1mb broadband connection.

Its makes no difference to download it from a UK site either other than you buy in pounds sterling than USD, but eventhat is dealt with in the transaction.

Go buy it, the Pe2 and Pe3 are fun planes to fly and there some good eastern front missions there.

JG53Frankyboy
06-21-2006, 07:12 AM
and you will need it to use any further adons/patches http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Skeet2005
06-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I had a feeling I would regret this. I have downloaded it, and cannot seem to save the file elsewhere so that I can burn a copy. THis silly boontybox thing installs it where it doesn't belong, and it won't run. HELP!!!!!!

Skeet2005
06-21-2006, 04:35 PM
OK, I figured it out, I have to uninstall it after boontybox screws it up, then go back into boontybox, and click "other" and select view downloaded file, (instead of the icon it gives you). Then I sved it to my desktop and burned it to CD. No problems now, the real installation worked fine...

NOW, can I delete boonty box? Or do i have to keep it?

berg417448
06-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Take the time to read info on this link...it will answer some of your questions:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834

Skeet2005
06-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks, berg, but that link is now way out past 10 pages, can anyone sum this up? can I delete boonty? (I have printed some of that link to look at when I can, thanks!) But if someone can sum it up or just answer, (what I hope is an easy question!!!) Thanks so much!!! Oh,and tho my corsair's guns are better, there are new planes to fly!!!!
Mike