PDA

View Full Version : Questions to answer!

Ian_92
08-31-2006, 02:43 PM
1) What use is the "Attach/Detach Aircraft" command in the Controls options?

2) Is it possible to pilot B17s and Tempests? I thought the game had a lot of planes but it seems I can only pilot a small part of 'em.

3) Is there any tutorial for the mission editor? I couldn't figure out how to do anything, not even place a simple unit.

4) Is it possible to create missions for use in the multiplayer mode? There are so very few of them.

5) I bought a joystick but it makes it much harder to land, amongst other things. Does anyone have a good joystick setup they can tell me of (as in, the settings in the Hardware options)?

6) Since I now have a joystick, it's even harder to use the mouse while flying, and controlling my view with the joystick's button is unefficient and inaccurate. Can I make it so that the view button on the joystick works similar to the mouse?

7) There are barely any players online, is it because I have the 4.04 patch?

8) Any tricks for landing/taking off (mostly on carriers? Anyone knows good sites with tutorials on how to do pretty much anything?

Thanks in advance!

ruby_monkey
08-31-2006, 03:09 PM
1) The TB3/I-16 combo. Also the Mistel? It's been a while since I took that out for a spin.

2) B17 - no. Tempest - yes, as of 4.04m, I believe. Don't think it's available for the PF-only patch, but I'm not absolutely sure about that.

5) Il-2 Sticks has some sample joystick curves, one of which may suit your needs.

6) Weak-hand mousing is a good way to control view; you can also use the scroll wheel as a poor man's throttle.

8) Crash softer.

FoolTrottel
08-31-2006, 03:12 PM
1) Read the various readme.rtf's comin' with each and every patch, and or the Manual! (Betty+Ohka?)
2) No, well, only using some trick online, flying with external views... Tempest is pIL2otable in the merged version...
see 7)
3) Yes, in Russian... Check the Mission Builders Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/50910533) for a more usefull answer
4) Yes, and see 3)
5) W00t... too many possibilities... state make and model of yer current stick...
6) Should be setup as default like that... for lookin' around, better get a TrackIr device...
7) Use the Hyperlobby client (http://www.hyperfighter.sk) to check for online play, and do get the merged version (FB-AEP-PF + PE2) for the largest possible online communituy. (Ultimate edition as download from Ubi / Complete Edition when ordered on DVD + buy-D/L the Pe2 - addon - 4.05m)
8) Tully's guide on flying 4.0x (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/5111047273/r/5111047273#5111047273) can be of help...

Yer Welcome!
And Have Fun!

tigertalon
08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Follow all foolthrottle links, they are a must.

1. This comands are used, like other posters said, for Mistel (Fw190 + Ju88 bomb) combo, for Zveno (TB3 + 2xI16 under wings) and for G4M2+Ohka combinations.

2. Are you sure you patched the sim correctly? In 4.05 or 4.04 it should have around 200 (!!!) flyable planes + some unflyable ones.

3. Start with this: to zoom in and out on a map, there's a slider on left side of screen. To place a unit, press ctrl and click a desired location. For more, visit "mission builder forum"

4. Yes.

7. Every single evening there is some 700 or 800 players online on Hyperlobby, or more than 1000 on weekends.

major_setback
08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
The hat switch (view control on the joystick) can be set up to 'pan' or to 'snap view'. Look at the controls section to change these. there is a simple command which switches between the two, but I can't remember it (maybe F9).

Snap view is better, the view returns to centre when the hat-switch is released. Otherwise (in pan view) it stays where you left the view until the hat switch is touched again.

Divine-Wind
08-31-2006, 06:13 PM
If you can afford it, I'd recommend getting a TrackIR. It'll improve your experience immensely.

Ian_92
08-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Note: I dont have FB+AEB

I only own PF

I am currently looking to buy AEB and FB but can'T find any

Also.. What is the full name of the Ohka? I dont know all those names like 'zeke' or 'betty'