PDA

View Full Version : strange DCG

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:39 AM
I just recently started a hungarian campaign and I am in my forth mission. This is the third ground attack mission and the second mission where NO TARGET can be found anywhere near the designated ground attack waypoint. I checked the mission in the FMB and it's true: no target. There are some tanks in the vincinity (5 km away) but I am supposed to destroy artillery. I don't know if this is intentionally bad intelligence, but if not, you might want to take a look at this.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:39 AM
I just recently started a hungarian campaign and I am in my forth mission. This is the third ground attack mission and the second mission where NO TARGET can be found anywhere near the designated ground attack waypoint. I checked the mission in the FMB and it's true: no target. There are some tanks in the vincinity (5 km away) but I am supposed to destroy artillery. I don't know if this is intentionally bad intelligence, but if not, you might want to take a look at this.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Well had a ship killing escourt mission (in Lagg 3). I16s were the bombers. We got into a big furball, but the I16s got through. I heard no confirmation of any strike, so after we`d beaten off the enemy I checked and saw that the Ships the I16s were supposed to have attacked weren`t there. The I16s went home still with their bomb load.

But I think this is VERY realistic. Many times in WWII (as in other wars, Intelligence would be wrong, or targets would have moved from there last stationery position. I would`ve been more annoyed if Intelligence was always perfect. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.