PDA

View Full Version : Detailed information regarding the Patch's a/c performance.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 06:53 PM
Just kidding I don't have the beta nor I ever will /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

But anyways, I bought this wonderfull game some two months ago and decided to browse its homepage after some more information regarding that and saw the fuss about this beta leak.

I'm really looking forward to a patch though but I'll wait till the final release.

I have been testing this game extensivelly and found out a few things I'll share with you, but I guess those are already documented.

The first thing I noticed was that there is a possible trim cheat in it. But I guess anyone could've seen that comming.

Looks like that the P-47's guns are somewhat weird. They spread too much even when you set the convergence for both guns at the same distance. It's roll rate seems rather off too.

If you haven't notice that the P-40 explodes when it reaches a certain speed, then I don't know what you've been playing.

Since this is my first day around here, I'd like to ask if there's been any fixes for these things as of yet. There are other things that I think that seemed wrong like weapons inefectivness but those are the ones I thought were the most obvious ones.

Rants aside this is one helluva good game even though it's a little easy even with all those gagdets turned on in the dificulty settings.

Does anyone has any tips you'd like to share with me?

By the way, is this level of flamming normal on this website?

----------------------
Milo Minderbinder

Cotton for everyone!
----------------------

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 06:53 PM
Just kidding I don't have the beta nor I ever will /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

But anyways, I bought this wonderfull game some two months ago and decided to browse its homepage after some more information regarding that and saw the fuss about this beta leak.

I'm really looking forward to a patch though but I'll wait till the final release.

I have been testing this game extensivelly and found out a few things I'll share with you, but I guess those are already documented.

The first thing I noticed was that there is a possible trim cheat in it. But I guess anyone could've seen that comming.

Looks like that the P-47's guns are somewhat weird. They spread too much even when you set the convergence for both guns at the same distance. It's roll rate seems rather off too.

If you haven't notice that the P-40 explodes when it reaches a certain speed, then I don't know what you've been playing.

Since this is my first day around here, I'd like to ask if there's been any fixes for these things as of yet. There are other things that I think that seemed wrong like weapons inefectivness but those are the ones I thought were the most obvious ones.

Rants aside this is one helluva good game even though it's a little easy even with all those gagdets turned on in the dificulty settings.

Does anyone has any tips you'd like to share with me?

By the way, is this level of flamming normal on this website?

----------------------
Milo Minderbinder

Cotton for everyone!
----------------------

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Most people around here probably won't find the title of your thread very amusing.

http://people.aero.und.edu/~choma/lrg0645.jpg

"We are now in a position of inferiority...There is no doubt in my mind, nor in the minds of my fighter pilots, that the FW190 is the best all-round fighter in the world today."

Sholto Douglas, 17 July 1942

====================================
"I hit you so hard there would be tiny little ME-109's flying in circles around your head" - USAFHelos

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 06:59 PM
FW190fan wrote:
- Most people around here probably won't find the
- title of your thread very amusing.

Well, I really don't care /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

----------------------
Milo Minderbinder

Cotton for everyone!
----------------------

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Why am I not suprised?

"We are now in a position of inferiority...There is no doubt in my mind, nor in the minds of my fighter pilots, that the FW190 is the best all-round fighter in the world today."

"I hit you so hard there would be tiny little ME-109's flying in circles around your head" - USAFHelos

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 07:08 PM
Milo_Minderbndr wrote:

- Since this is my first day around here, I'd like to
- ask if there's been any fixes for these things as of
- yet.

Nope.

- Rants aside this is one helluva good game even
- though it's a little easy even with all those
- gagdets turned on in the dificulty settings.

Try online play /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

- Does anyone has any tips you'd like to share with
- me?

Yep, read the unofficial community faq.

- By the way, is this level of flamming normal on this
- website?

Well, see for yourself how this little thread is evolving. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Welcome!

cheers/slush

http://dk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aktivitetsdage/files/Eurotrolls.gif

You can't handle the truth!
Col. Jessep

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 07:09 PM
FW190fan wrote:
- Why am I not suprised?

Well, judging by your "rank" and what I read in these boards up to know and judging by the level of flames emanating from some threads I guess you're pretty thick skinned person and is used to this.

That's my guess anyways.

So... what do you think of the 190 in this game?

----------------------
Milo Minderbinder

Cotton for everyone!
----------------------

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Milo_Minderbndr wrote:

- Well, judging by your "rank" and what I read in
- these boards up to know and judging by the level of
- flames emanating from some threads I guess you're
- pretty thick skinned person and is used to this.
-
- That's my guess anyways.

Yes, it definitely pays to have a thick skin around here/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Especially if you have the audacity to be from the US and like German fighters.

- So... what do you think of the 190 in this game?

I love them and I consider them to be the best all-around fighters(piston-engined) in the sim., but I think most people don't have the patience too learn to fly them properly. It's THE hardest fighter to learn, but IMO ultimately the most rewarding.

Basically the Focke-Wulfs have the most unique fighting style of any a/c in the sim. You must learn how to exploit speed, manage energy, learn how to use rolling maneuvers such as vector rolls etc., as well as high and low yo-yos, rolling scissors with mixed extensions...all kinds of good stuff.

But there are still many things that will apparently be adjusted in the patch, so I'm adopting a wait and see attitude.

So far the wait and see attitude has gone on for about two years/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 07:40 PM
I like the 190's but I have a thing for the Jug, I always have.

At first I thought it would be a pain to learn as the Jug seemed unable to turn at all.

But I got the neck of it and I think I can do whatever I want in a jug despite the huge ammo waste.

I use the 190's alot in jabo missions, I prefer them to take my chances in the Stuka against those incrdibly gifted AI gunners.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your thoughts as I didn't start my 190 campaign yet.

As for the thick skin. Well... some people really can see that this is just an internet forum. I turn on my f*ck off sign whenever something tries to p1ss me off.

----------------------
Milo Minderbinder

Cotton for everyone!
----------------------

----------------------
Milo Minderbinder

Cotton for everyone!
----------------------

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Just for the record, this Milo is >>NOT<< me, under a new name.

In fact, because Ubi forums are SNAFU again, am have trouble accessing the forums.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/air_power/ap18a.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 08:14 PM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Nope... nothing at all to do with MiloMorai.

----------------------
Milo Minderbinder

Cotton for everyone!
----------------------