PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, you'd be my hero if...........

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 04:59 PM
I have a simple request. I don't care if every plane in IL-2 is correctly portrayed in every aspect. But I would be very appreciative if you could get the sound of the DB605 engine correct for the 109. I don't know what a Jumo V-12 sounded like (as in the FW190D), and may never know, but I have heard a genuine DB605 thanks to the good folks at Aircraft Records in California. I bought their CD, Checkflight Gustav, and just love it. I'll never experience the rush of seeing a squadron of 109's starting up, but this CD comes close to putting you in front of the genuine article as far as sound goes. I especially like the sound from a ground crew's point of view, but the in-cockpit sound is all we need for IL-2 FB. Please, please, check out thier recording of Black 6, made when she was still flying in the late 90's, and you'll agree, it needs to be heard by anyone interested in hearing a real 109, not a Merlin-engined copy. That's all I ask. Make IL-2 FB the only game in the world with the true sound of history.
Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 04:59 PM
I have a simple request. I don't care if every plane in IL-2 is correctly portrayed in every aspect. But I would be very appreciative if you could get the sound of the DB605 engine correct for the 109. I don't know what a Jumo V-12 sounded like (as in the FW190D), and may never know, but I have heard a genuine DB605 thanks to the good folks at Aircraft Records in California. I bought their CD, Checkflight Gustav, and just love it. I'll never experience the rush of seeing a squadron of 109's starting up, but this CD comes close to putting you in front of the genuine article as far as sound goes. I especially like the sound from a ground crew's point of view, but the in-cockpit sound is all we need for IL-2 FB. Please, please, check out thier recording of Black 6, made when she was still flying in the late 90's, and you'll agree, it needs to be heard by anyone interested in hearing a real 109, not a Merlin-engined copy. That's all I ask. Make IL-2 FB the only game in the world with the true sound of history.
Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Could you make a short track available for us to download?
Would be nice /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

S!

M0NS

"Blow up the outside world"

http://www.flugwerk.de/images/01k.jpg
My garage!

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 07:11 PM
I absolutely agree with you. My father bought it too and it really sounds awesome.

XyZspineZyX
09-02-2003, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure how I could do that. Is there a way to take info from a sound CD, and convert it to downloadable software?

XyZspineZyX
09-02-2003, 09:44 PM
where can i buy that cd?

Martin van Vuuren
Rotterdam/Holland
"hornetsting"

XyZspineZyX
09-02-2003, 10:14 PM
pik_as wrote:
- I'm not sure how I could do that. Is there a way to
- take info from a sound CD, and convert it to
- downloadable software?
-
-

Get a program called CDex. It is used to make .wav and .mp3 from the .cda files on the CD. It has worked with every CD I know of.

try here: http://download.com.com/3000-2140-10216978.html?tag=lst-0-1

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

XyZspineZyX
09-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Yeah, host & post it!
CD copyright infringement matters aside, I'd really like to hear this myself. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center>http://members.rogers.com/4xtreme/chbanner.jpg