PDA

View Full Version : Silly questions

Skeet6
08-09-2005, 04:53 AM
I've been flying sims since Aces of the Pacific on my then new "blazing fast" Dell 386... That said, I seem to be alone a lot flying this sim. For example, I will take off (in campaign mode) and will be told heading 210, altitude whatever... and I will turn the plane to that heading, (210)and try to get to that altitude, but will inevitably be alone... I could look all around ... no one there...was it something I said? he he... Next question, I have a Logitech attack 3 joystick, can anyone reccommend rudder pedals? Does the joystick plug into them or how does it work, and what price should I expect to pay? thanks!

Tex-Hill-AVG
08-09-2005, 05:46 AM
Hi Skeet, Welcome to PF,

Just ignore those altitude & course headings you are given. One of the weaknesses of the sim is that the same voice is used to give out course corrections for all the flights of a given nationality. This wouldn't be a problem if the person giving the orders would identify who he is speaking to, (ie. "Blue flight, or Hammer 1 turn to course 210, angels 5"). Of course they don't do this so ignore them.

I recommend that if you are not flight lead then you need to find your leader & stay close. If you are lead then follow the course set in your map or you can use autopilot.

Someone else will have to help you with the pedal issue. I use a Saitek X-45 and my rudder control is mounted on the throttle.

Hope this helps,
Tex Hill

han freak solo
08-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Skeet6:
Next question, I have a Logitech attack 3 joystick, can anyone reccommend rudder pedals? Does the joystick plug into them or how does it work, and what price should I expect to pay? thanks!

Current pedals are USB and plug in to your computer directly. I have a set of CH Pedals that set me back $100 USD a few months ago. It took me a several days to get used to them, but I like 'em and find them essential to play the FB/AEP/PF merged game with the latest patch 4.01.

stansdds
08-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Another vote for the CH Propedals USB. I also use the CH Fighterstick USB, great combination.