PDA

View Full Version : Who are those running guys?

Edengoth
11-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Ok, so I know there are pickpockets who you tackle to get your money back, and there are corrupt officials who you kill to decrease your notoriety, but there is a third type of guy with a white arrow over his head.

Who are the well-dressed men who freak out and bolt when they see Ezio, basically screaming back, "Stay back, vile assassino!"? They're not corrupt officials because killing them brings my notoriety up by like 50%, even if they are killed lo-pro, alone on a rooftop. But they are not civilians, because I don't get a warning for killing them. Also, they are quite rich. They carry about 1500 florins on their corpses.
Are they Templars or what? What's their function gameplay-wise, besides being a worthy hunt to chase, kill, and loot?

Danv219
11-19-2009, 06:23 PM
They are just couriers. If you tackle them instead of killing them you get the money and your notoriety won't go up.

Edengoth
11-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Oh, so they are the "Borgia Couriers" referenced in the Mailman achievement/trophy?

Crash_Plague
11-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
Oh, so they are the "Borgia Couriers" referenced in the Mailman achievement/trophy?

Correct.

Flora-Steel
12-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
Oh, so they are the "Borgia Couriers" referenced in the Mailman achievement/trophy? Correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So the Borgia Couriers are different from the pickpocketers that go running off with some money? You chase and tackle both types though? When you get pickpocketd how much do you loose? I'm weighing whether it is worth going after the pickpocket or not? I hate chases and timed action sequences where you run out of time trying to find someone... Thanks.

caswallawn_2k7
12-10-2009, 05:09 PM
the courier is only worth around 1k-2k cash but they are not really worth the trouble, the pick pockets will generally drop around 500 cash but if you are chasing them the guards also go for them (if you are not being chased by them) as for how much they take from you it is rarely worth chasing them down, unless your doing nothing then it's just a fun chase.

Flora-Steel
12-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Flora-Steel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
Oh, so they are the "Borgia Couriers" referenced in the Mailman achievement/trophy? Correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So the Borgia Couriers are different from the pickpocketers that go running off with some money? You chase and tackle both types though? When you get pickpocketd how much do you loose? I'm weighing whether it is worth going after the pickpocket or not? I hate chases and timed action sequences where you run out of time trying to find someone... Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I actually to catch one several times and finally did but I couldn't tackle him with the 'B' button (360) which, like the fighting, I don't seem to have perfected well. But hitting him good worked and he gave up and went away. I have no idea what money I got out of doing that but the white chevron over his head was gone and he went sculking off. Next Ezio and the mercenaries he hired had to take care of four guards that took interest in this and then he had grab a couple posters which resulted in several more guards, seeing him do that... So we had to kill them too and then pluck off another poster. NO, it wasn't worth it...but it was fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif It might be easier to just kill 'em and work the guards over as required then chase and tackle?

Crash_Plague
12-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Not sure if the patch fixed it or not, but you can simply lock on to a courier or pickpocket and throw a knife at them.

Doing so gives you the money they are carrying, and doesn't kill them.

Pretty easy, but not the most fun method.

OzDavis
12-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
...the pick pockets will generally drop around 500 cash but if you are chasing them the guards also go for them (if you are not being chased by them) as for how much they take from you it is rarely worth chasing them down...
It must depend on your cash total, as I had one take well over 20,000 florins yesterday.

If memory serves, I had between 400,000 and 500,000 florins, so I'm guessing they take 5%.