PDA

View Full Version : Dueling on PS3

Toddy2Hotty
07-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I find this damn near impossible... I've gotten past a few of the duels already, but now I'm on a side mission and I just can't seem to beat the guy.

Anyone have any tips? I've tried over and over and over again, and I just can't seem to get it. Are you guys doing anything other than what it says with left/right stick and then R1 to fire?

Doc.Canis
07-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by ToddyTooHotty:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I find this damn near impossible... I've gotten past a few of the duels already, but now I'm on a side mission and I just can't seem to beat the guy.

Anyone have any tips? I've tried over and over and over again, and I just can't seem to get it. Are you guys doing anything other than what it says with left/right stick and then R1 to fire?

Is it the first guy in mexico? I had to try five times before I nailed him.

I have completed the game now and the duels didn't cause me that much trouble, although the least duel is a bit tough becaus of some shaking.

What I do is to make sure the other guy is always center screen. Just keep moving slightly to keep him centered. Be careful not to get your had too close to the gun, because the hand will do a little motions that means you can't do anything for a few seconds. But get the hand close and don't hold it too low. I found it best to keep it slightly above and very close to the gun. So when you have to draw you pull the stick diagonally down and left. When you shoot you should always shoot them right in the nuts, because that's the fastest.

FredEx919
07-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Toddy, i agree with Doc but also be sure to pay attention to the background music. usually you can time the shot with the music (and the bell). if you get the timing down it will be a lot easier.

Tritak
07-02-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm having problems on the second duel. I forget what he calls himself, but someone called him "carrot top". The draw is real fast and for some reason, I cant seem to even draw my gun. I don't know if it's bug or me, but I have tried like 20 times and die before I even draw the gun. I'll try what Doc said, maybe I'm getting too close. I didn't realize that when he shook his finger you couldn't do anything for a few seconds. I threw my controller last night, so if it still works, I'll try it out today. ;-)

Alex0475
07-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I finish the game on normal difficulty after playing up to last level on hard and had to change in the last one just because of this duel thing which is very very annoying, now there's a bunch of trophies to get in this game but I just don't feel like playing it anymore because once you get stuck in this duels it get hugely frustrating annoying as hell and on hard difficulty so I imagine on very hard, it just take all the fun away.

Ul1card
07-02-2009, 08:47 AM
i still can't kill that " carrot topped " SOB.