PDA

View Full Version : Alta´r the Gentleman? *spoiler*

NorthernAvengeR
11-30-2007, 09:24 AM
So I've finished the game 100% now (all achievements Yay me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif )But I still wonder; Who was the woman posing as Robert at the funeral, what was her part, why did Alta´r let her go?

Did I miss something or was she just some random woman who happened to be working for the Templars? And if so why a woman? It wasn't hard to hear it wasn't Robert/someone kicked him really hard in the family jewels.

BTW did you follow her after she ran away? I did and she just ran around randomly for like 5 minutes :s

MiniAssasin
11-30-2007, 09:27 AM
lol ya should have killed her

i thought she was lucys ancester...but i was told they look nothing alike and have yet to replay it

Tela
11-30-2007, 09:29 AM
I always guessed(I don't know why) that she is part of, in some way, Robert's family. Wife, sister...or she's just a steward, or another templars family member.

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 09:29 AM
They don't look that alike, but as for "why did he let her go" I just think it was a combo of gentlemanship, and that (as he said) she wasn't his target. Someone mentioned (a target I think) that he killed men and women, which probably suggests A.) That he's exagerating, or that B.) There have been stories of Assassinated women, by Altair's bretherin.

MiniAssasin
11-30-2007, 09:32 AM
i dont buy that tho

he kills the people you interegate simply because they can tell your target that your looking for them

so if these insignificant people die because altair worries about that a high ranking templar would almost certainly be killed as to avoid blowing his cover

Tela
11-30-2007, 09:39 AM
He may have just had a random gentlemanly moment. Or he was too deep in thought about the fact that Robert wasn't the one he caught, that he didn't think of killing her?

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Tela:
He may have just had a random gentlemanly moment. Or he was too deep in thought about the fact that Robert wasn't the one he caught, that he didn't think of killing her?

Or maybe he just wanted her? [/sexual reference]

Tela
11-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh, so THAT'S who he had a kid with!

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh, so THAT'S who he had a kid with!

Naaa, she slapped him and walked away... just after he showed her his... magic hidden blade trick http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Cerus
11-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, didn't she say he had killed all nine (or what the amount was) and that he'd be in trouble now. His reply was he hadn't killed nine... cause he wouldn't kill her and thus he had only killed 8. I got the impression he wanted to divert what was going to happen when killing them all... could be me being confused of course. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

NorthernAvengeR
11-30-2007, 11:00 AM
BTW Wasn't Robert alive at least a couple of years after 1191? It says he was the grandmaster from 1191-1193 or is this just one of the things they try to fit in by having Vidic saying that much of the history known to the public is wrong?

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by NorthernAvengeR:
BTW Wasn't Robert alive at least a couple of years after 1191? It says he was the grandmaster from 1191-1193 or is this just one of the things they try to fit in by having Vidic saying that much of the history known to the public is wrong?

This isn't a history lesson, it's a game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif so yes... probably

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2007, 11:03 AM
So I've finished the game 100% now (all achievements Yay me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif )But I still wonder; Who was the woman posing as Robert at the funeral, what was her part, why did Alta´r let her go?

The woman was called Marie. She is Robert de Sable's steward. The game guide tells a lot more about her.

Why did Altair let her go? Well, Altair say it's because she wasn't the target. But he doesn't balk at killing guys who get in his way. I think the real reason is that the game industry (like every other industry) is still pretty sexist and although you can kill hundreds of guys in a game it's regarded as sick to kill a woman in a game.

Personally, I think she's a hottie, and if AC2 is set in the same period I hope we'll get to see more of her (almost all of her in fact, LOL).

NorthernAvengeR
11-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah, well they said they were working closely with historians and I'm far from a historian...

Tela
11-30-2007, 11:05 AM
There DID seem to be more of a character in her than others. Maybe Altair meets her again.....kids.....

NorthernAvengeR
11-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Alta´r the rapist...

Tela
11-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Never! I seriously doubt he would do such a thing, especially considering he let her go before...

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2007, 11:13 AM

The developers did place a lot of emphasis on historical accuracy in terms of the city layouts, the clothing, the political situation and the personalities involved in the 3rd Crusade. For example, I was amazed that they portrayed the English King Richard the Lionheart as having a French accent, which he undoubtedly did.

Having said that, they did take some liberties with history: Robert de SablÚ (whose name is spelled and pronounced incorrectly in the game) did indeed die in 1193, not 1191. Richard the Lionheart was blonde haired, not red. William of Montferrat was much older than he appears in the game and his hair was light blonde, not dark brown. Sibrand died in 1192, not 1191. Nevertheless, the game is very much better-researched than many Hollywood movies - the awful and unhistorical 'Kingdom of Heaven' for example, which (among other flaws) featured a leprous King of Jerusalem whose historical counterpart never had leprosy.

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
is still pretty sexist and although you can kill hundreds of guys in a game it's regarded as sick to kill a woman in a game.

Personally, I think she's a hottie, and if AC2 is set in the same period I hope we'll get to see more of her (almost all of her in fact, LOL)

Isn't it a bit sexist to make comments like that?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Is it sexist for a man to find a woman (even a pixellated woman) attractive and say so? If so, I plead guilty.

Anyway I never claimed to be a paragon of sexistlessness, LOL.

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Beeryus:
Is it sexist for a man to find a woman (even a pixellated woman) attractive and say so? If so, I plead guilty.

A paragonasexa-who? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Royal.Mist
11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Beeryus:

You should check yourself in for thinking any pixelated person, man or woman, is hot. Maybe you should permaban yourself IRL?

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beeryus:

You should check yourself in for thinking any pixelated person, man or woman, is hot. Maybe you should permaban yourself IRL? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should check yourself in for managing to make it into literally everyone's most hated list http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Maybe YOU should permaban yourself IRL...

Tela
11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
.....*ignores last few posts*

I think Altair IS simply something of a gentleman, and, regaurdless of how others play him(killing innocents, regardless of gender) that he really wouldn't kill someone who he does not NEED to kill. Especially after the begining.

NorthernAvengeR
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
That's not true he kills pretty much all the beggars so he's a evil *******(that's supposed to say bast ard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tela
11-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Only if you MAKE him. I'm talking about himself as a character: his personaltiy, beliefs, and such...

all_seeing_1978
11-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Only if you MAKE him. I'm talking about himself as a character: his personaltiy, beliefs, and such...
I wouldn't stress over it. If she is important to the series she will return in some form, either an explanation or actual appearence. As to the above quote: History records these guys did not murder innocents. I am of the belief that he learned his lesson and obeyed the creed. If in the future he recv'd an order to kill her, he would.

DreamerM
11-30-2007, 01:35 PM
That moment of mercy was an interesting one: it shows how he's changed since the start of the game. Early in the game he would have killed her, mistake or not. But she wasn't his target, she was an innocent, and she was a woman. A woman in a very difficult, very dangerous position, who's loyalty Robert was exploiting as a decoy.

It would have been against his creed to kill her. She wasn't at fault. But that Robert needs to take a dirt nap for putting her in the situation he did.

all_seeing_1978
11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by DreamerM:
That moment of mercy was an interesting one: it shows how he's changed since the start of the game. Early in the game he would have killed her, mistake or not. But she wasn't his target, she was an innocent, and she was a woman. A woman in a very difficult, very dangerous position, who's loyalty Robert was exploiting as a decoy.

It would have been against his creed to kill her. She wasn't at fault. But that Robert needs to take a dirt nap for putting her in the situation he did. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 01:46 PM
That's not true he kills pretty much all the beggars so he's a evil *******(that's supposed to say bast ard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

That says a lot more about you, than it does about Alty. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

all_seeing_1978
12-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm starting to get a little concerned about the amount of homicidal tendencies we are seeing from some of our members http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Someone can be good at thier job and still have compasion:

James Bond.
The Terminator
Batman
Altair
oh yeah and the transporter.

Ok maybe the transporter is a bad example for some, I liked it, so sue me.

FrozenFire550
12-04-2007, 02:47 PM
It goes against the Creed, which Altair now follows.

And when him and Malak (Was that his name?) are talking about it in the Assassin's Bureau, he says "Yes a woman." "Well, that's for another time."

D:

ACfanboy12
12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
assassins only killed people that brought harm to the people, and the world.

Templars bring harm, the 9 peeps brought harm, and interegation people bring harm... i dont think she does.

Ace426
12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
During the game altair seems to get nicer and nicer as he learnded his actions caused maleks brother to die and was a jerk befor. So as he said "you are not my target" is saying i was not told to kill you so i wont. He also said he doesn't get enjoyment from killing people so he may not want that feeling again.