PDA

View Full Version : Limb dismemberment in AC:R !?

Dieinthedark
05-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Well, just thought I'd bring this up. With games like CODWOW and Operation Flashpoint Red River among many others, video games have become increasingly brutal. AC games are known for their brutality which makes me want to ask two things.

NewBlade200
05-20-2011, 05:02 PM
It really depends on how they handel it. If it is kept mature, then it is fine. If limbs are flying left and right, ie: Dead Space, then no. If maybe it apperes to show the brutality of certain characters, then yes. So I'm not sure.

Dieinthedark
05-20-2011, 05:07 PM
yeah, I mean keep it mature. It doesn't need to be over the top.

Turkiye96
05-20-2011, 05:13 PM
HELL NO assassin's creed may be brutal but only with the skill of the blade. assassin's creed shoulding be about killing people in inhumane ways that goes against Ezio and altair's whole beleifs. they will kill guards in cool ways but they wont gross it up

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Doesn't need to be more brutal than it already is. It's currently brutal to a point where it still maintains the realistic aspect when fighting. AC doesn't need to turn into a gore-fest.
An assassin wants to quickly take care of his enemy/opponent and isn't thinking "how much more can I mess this guy up".

Zokuno
05-20-2011, 06:29 PM
I think that limb dismemberment defeats the purpose of the game. We want to feel like an awesome sneaky assassin by finding our target, sneaking up to him without anyone realizing who we are, killing the target and then walking off before anyone really notices that your target is actually dead. This also separates the Assassin's clean kills from the Templar's brutality (remember in AC1 Malik's arm is cut off and also the Doctor target (can't remember his name) has the guards break the escapee's legs so he can't escape again)

GunnarGunderson
05-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I'd love to start off a fight with a preemptive decapitation

LadyGahan2010
05-20-2011, 07:42 PM
All I can say is EWWW.

Mic_92
05-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
Doesn't need to be more brutal than it already is. It's currently brutal to a point where it still maintains the realistic aspect when fighting. AC doesn't need to turn into a gore-fest.
An assassin wants to quickly take care of his enemy/opponent and isn't thinking "how much more can I mess this guy up".

That may be true if you're using the hidden blade but dismemberment it would be realistic when fighting against many guards. Be as skilled and experienced as you want, you can't completely keep your cool in a situation like that so you can't rule out the possibility of seeing a hand or am get cut off, especially since you can throw huge axes at them now. While cutting somebody's limb off isn't very easy, the human body just isn't as resilient as shown on TV.

Still, there's no need to add this in AC.

GunnarGunderson
05-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:
All I can say is EWWW. Watch Rambo IV, after that you'll be ready....or deeply emotionally scarred. But yes, dismemberment shouldn't be deliberate by Ezio, it should just be what happens if an arm or something gets in the way, not a way to assassinate people

payrob07
05-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
HELL NO assassin's creed may be brutal but only with the skill of the blade. assassin's creed shoulding be about killing people in inhumane ways that goes against Ezio and altair's whole beleifs. they will kill guards in cool ways but they wont gross it up

Alot of times when you slash a throat blood splatters everywhere. If you cut a little deeper... the head falls off.

kriegerdesgottes
05-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Like a couple people have said, if they were to do it realistically and not overdo it and have blood and parts flying all over then yeah I think it would make more sense. Sometimes when he does that move especially with the big weapons like sword or axe it doesn't make sense that their limbs would still be attached so I wouldn't have a problem with it but it has to be done right and in a realistic manner.

SixKeys
05-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Trying to maintain social stealth when you just decapitated a bunch of guards might be a little unrealistic, just sayin'. People might still tolerate an assassin who attacks guards to defend himself or the citizens, but it's hard to stay friendly or even neutral towards anyone who is literally hacking off other people's limbs. It would just be silly.

SleezeRocker
05-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Severed limbs on AC...not so much.
If it's part of setting (hypotheticlaly if we explored hidden crypts etc for a new armor pice in ACR and maybe one of involves cannbalistic people and have perhaps limbs on the sides etc)
Maybe.

Theo nly possible reason I could see severed limbs is with this new Bomb feature of ACR.
Since of course if you within raidus of explosion, a part of you will *literally* tear you apart lol. I doubt it be as Gory as DEad Space though.

I would like to see more dramatic (realistic) bleeding though. If You shank someones neck with hidden blade, your're bound to bleed profusely since you can be hitting the Carotid artery or the Jugular vein, so I'd expect to see more bleeding. Aside that, I think the game does fine.
If anything this game should/could be Rated T (13+) since I don't see any real graphics stuff compared to Dead Space and it's not like there are excplicit sexual things compared to Ghetto theft auto :P lol

Tuck2103
05-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Limb dismemberment doesn't make sense for AC.

At first because Ezio and Alta´r always fought spectacular, but clean. How can one explain that Ezio decided to spill guts in Constantinopel, other than becoming donor to the local surgery?

And secondly, the assassins threat their enemies with respect. The recruits in ACB gave eliminated targets a little blessing before they left the murder scene. How can such a recruit say something polite after he turned a human into a hideous pile of limbs?

However, I guess there will still be brutal dismemberment in the next game. When Ubisoft announches the introduction of 300 different types of bombs, I would be surprised if none of those would be able to detonate people.

Mic_92
05-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:
All I can say is EWWW. Watch Rambo IV, after that you'll be ready....or deeply emotionally scarred. But yes, dismemberment shouldn't be deliberate by Ezio, it should just be what happens if an arm or something gets in the way, not a way to assassinate people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rambo has realistic gore.

Black_Widow9
05-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure if you could stealthily dismember someone. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

xsatanicjokerx
05-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
The word "inhumane" is a joke, since when was it human nature to be kind and caring.

Chamboozer
05-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
The word "inhumane" is a joke, since when was it human nature to be kind and caring.

Human nature really does mean kind, caring and intelligent. It's what separates us from the animals after all.

GunnarGunderson
05-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:
All I can say is EWWW. Watch Rambo IV, after that you'll be ready....or deeply emotionally scarred. But yes, dismemberment shouldn't be deliberate by Ezio, it should just be what happens if an arm or something gets in the way, not a way to assassinate people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rambo has realistic gore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's my point, the gore in AC would/should be realistic

kriegerdesgottes
05-21-2011, 07:40 PM
I totally understand what you guys are saying about it not fitting into the AC world but seriously the argument that all the kills are clean and wouldn't dismember someone is just not true. That move where he sweeps his sword under the guard to take him down would def take his leg off and the axe and long sword would def lop off heads and none of that stuff is stealthy at all but who cares it's fun anyway but in reality they would def do some dismembering. I was playing today actually and I killed a couple groups of guards and I thought there would be soooo much blood all over the street if this were real. I kinda wish there was a little more blood. That prob sounds messed up but come on when you kill 10 people there's gonna be some blood.

E-Zekiel
05-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Doesn't really suit the franchise.

Edit - But let me add that I do think they could get more realistic with wounds. A "major wound" thus far has essentially been depicted by the area just turning red. Like when people get theri throats cut? We have a very clear view of the throat, but there's not really any cut, just dark red splotching.

superbalex
05-22-2011, 01:59 AM
assassin's stab,
they dont cut limbs off,
just stab.. nice and easy kill no body will notice.. dismember them and your almost garanteed that an army of guards will come for you.. and then it can only lead to you calling your guild.. and it turns into a huge bloodbath with body parts flying everywhere.. (only templar parts ofc, assassin's are to awesome to die).
and THAT would ruin the game.. so no dismemberment plx

crash3
05-22-2011, 10:45 AM
im thinking hands and feet only should be dismembered, not full arms or legs and certainly not heads

what i would like to see is the actual wounds on both ezio and the guards like a cut across the chest or something. so far all we see is some cartoonish blood spraying about

it would be cool to stab a guard and when he hits the floor you see blood trickle out in directions staining the ground

could do with some better sound effects to emphasize different wounds like slitting a throat or slashing someones torso

Mr_Shade
05-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
I'm not sure if you could stealthily dismember someone. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Hmm I think maybe you could.. if you have a rather large bucket and some rubber sheeting..

However I don't think it would suit the game.. and tbh I would not want it adding just for 'thrills'

This is not Bulletstorm or Dead Space.. I say let the guards keep their limbs..

Inorganic9_2
05-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Side note: Guards need to be rehumanised as well. Make them something other than sword fodder.

the_atm
05-22-2011, 12:05 PM
no. just that simple

Black_Widow9
05-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
I'm not sure if you could stealthily dismember someone. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Hmm I think maybe you could.. if you have a rather large bucket and some rubber sheeting.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shhhhh. They are not to know what I'm capable of.

E-Zekiel
05-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Side note: Guards need to be rehumanised as well. Make them something other than sword fodder. INFIDEL DIE!!!

lol.

But really, if the guards were like that, I wouldn't feel bad about killing them, being all murderous extremists or at least coming off that way. Whereas the italian ones just kinda come off as being everyday ****** doing their job.

Blind2Society
05-22-2011, 03:14 PM
I like the idea of limb dismemberment in that it would add a whole bunch more kill animations. The ones we have, even though many were introduced in Brotherhood, are getting very stale. More variety is always better.

Assassinsyk
05-22-2011, 05:33 PM
I am all for, and I think you guys are thinking about it from the wrong algle.

Not stealthy? It's not as though Ezio would stalk someone from a blend an cut off his targets hand for fun. In a full out sword battle with 10+ guards I don't see why some hands shouldn't be cut. It's real.

As for 'not humane', I think cutting off a dudes hand, leaving him screaming and running is far more humane than killing him. With this whole new contemplating of Ezios path that they're talking about, I think an own mechanic for a quick neutralize is just in the essence.

But doubt they will, though.

shobhit7777777
05-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Hmm I think maybe you could.. if you have a rather large bucket and some rubber sheeting..

Stealthy Dismemberment....well sorta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwicLgOGJOI)

Krayus Korianis
05-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:

Human nature really does mean kind, caring and intelligent. It's what separates us from the animals after all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Humans are animals. So your definition is incorrect.

It's been human nature since the dawn of time to go war on someone's butt. That meant to maim, pillage and plunder.

GunnarGunderson
05-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Side note: Guards need to be rehumanised as well. Make them something other than sword fodder. this, I never kill guards that talk about their families but I love killing the cocky ones that say stuff like "I will the the dispatcher of the great assassino"