PDA

View Full Version : please explain the character creation system to me

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 06:38 AM
hallo all

i have read a bit into it but i just cant figure out how the character creation is going to be (for multiplayer). as far as i've seen it is like this (please correct me when i'm wrong):

1) each class is the same besides its weapons and the way it kills its opponents
2) you unlock more classes and skills as you play the game, these classes decide your character

point number 1 has to be wrong, right? because if that is true it whould be pointless to get a different character or the extra characters, because only the looks of them whould change. if you have any other info on this subject please tell me too.

Drakenkanon

ps: 9 more days till the release in Holland http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

magesupermaster
11-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by drakenkanon:
hallo all

i have read a bit into it but i just cant figure out how the character creation is going to be (for multiplayer). as far as i've seen it is like this (please correct me when i'm wrong):

1) each class is the same besides its weapons and the way it kills its opponents
2) you unlock more classes and skills as you play the game, these classes decide your character

point number 1 has to be wrong, right? because if that is true it whould be pointless to get a different character or the extra characters, because only the looks of them whould change. if you have any other info on this subject please tell me too.

Drakenkanon

ps: 9 more days till the release in Holland http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, all the characters are the same except the weapon and kill moves.
There are no classes, which means a somewhat 'fair' aspect to the game(Besides the perks and abilities).

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 06:44 AM
ah ok, now its clear, thanks a lot. but as previously mentioned: whats the point of getting the extra characters then? just for the look of them? because the harlequin looks awesome, but the officer isnt much different to some of the other characters.

Drakenkanon

tyrce111
11-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Okay,
The MP works like this...

You get a bunch of different characters to play as.
You get to pick a diferent character at the start of each game...

You then have you classes which have 2 abilities, a perk, a deathstreak and a killstreak(I think)

Once you get a certain amount of points or reach a certain level,you will unlock a new costume for the charecter...

Prety simple actualy...

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 07:16 AM
You then have you classes which have 2 abilities, a perk, a deathstreak and a killstreak(I think)

ok this is the only part that is unclear to me now, besides the point in getting the extra character. so there are differences between the classes? (just to be clear; classes=characters?)

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 07:19 AM
The characters in multiplayer are only cosmetic differences, but every character is unique.

The officer and Harlequin are both basically a prestige thing which players can show off their pre-order-ness with. Everyone seems to like the Harlequin better, but if someone else pics it first, then you still have the Officer to select to show off your dedication to the game and let people know how awesome you are.

But yes, the difference is entirely in graphics and animations.

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 07:23 AM
ok thanks, i think i get it now. just a minor question: do you get to pick a new character when you die or do you keep the same one?

is there a list of the abbilities that are known so far and when you unlock them?

magesupermaster
11-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Until there is a new game session, you can't pick a different characters.

There is no full list but you can find of the abilities, perks and streaks on the AC Wiki.

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 07:27 AM
ok, thats all i have to ask. thanks a lot everybody!

Drakenkanon

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 07:35 AM
just one last thing: could you give me the link to where i can find the abbilities, perks and streaks on the AC wiki? because i only see the different modusses when i click on multiplayer.

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 07:52 AM
just one last thing: could you give me the link to where i can find the abbilities, perks and streaks on the AC wiki? because i only see the different modusses when i click on multiplayer.
No listing on the wiki for the kill/loss streaks, but there's an answer for abilities.

Found here: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Brotherhood

(Notes in bold added by me - only for the abilities I've seen in action)

Multiplayer Weapons

Axe - used by the Executioner.
Fan - used by the Courtesan.
Syringe - used by the Doctor.
Dagger(s) - used by the Priest, Harlequin and Footpad.
Switchblade - used by the Prowler.
Claw - used by the Noble.
Razor - used by the Barber.
Warhammer - used by the Blacksmith.
Short Blade - used by the Soldier.
Inverted Hidden Blade(s) - used by the Smuggler
Scissor Blade - used by the Thief
Compass - used by the Engineer
Short Spear - used by Officer
Twin Daggers used by Hellequin

Multiplayer Abilities

Morph (Changes any NPCs near you to look the same as your character)
Throwing Knives (Slows down your target and makes them limp - can target NPCs and players other than your contract)
Hidden Gun (need to take time to aim, and doesn't give you stealth bonus. Also, has a long cooldown time - 90 seconds in the beta)
Smoke Bomb (Causes anyone caught in the smoke except the thrower to be stopped and start coughing for a few seconds. Most often used to slow a pursuer, but can also be used to prevent a target from running once you're close)
Speed Boost (Self-explanatory - makes you faster for a short time)
Disguise (Changes your model for another random character for a short time. Can be useful when being chased, will make the pursuer think you're not the target. Also useful offensively in Alliance, where players know the model of their pursuers as well, and might not see you coming if you look different)
Decoy (***Haven't seen this one in action*** I've heard this ability spawns an NPC lookalike of the player which runs away from their position - could be a good distraction)
Poison (Awesome for stealth players. Using poison doesn't make your character perform a particularly obvious action, just a quick pickpocket-like move, and after approx. 5 seconds, the target dies. If they're killed while poisoned, you still get a 50 point "intercepted" bonus. Otherwise, you get any applicable bonuses for stealth etc. but also a +200 point poison bonus)
Power Charge (Unknown - curious, sounds fun)
Firecrackers (Unknown - curious, sounds fun)

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 07:57 AM
ah ok, thanks a lot. some really cool abbilities. but do you know if there is a cooldown on poison or if you can get it at a low level? because if it is low level i will be using it a LOT.

magesupermaster
11-09-2010, 08:01 AM
ah ok, thanks a lot. some really cool abbilities. but do you know if there is a cooldown on poison or if you can get it at a low level? because if it is low level i will be using it a LOT.

No, I think you get on level 16 or 18..

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 08:04 AM
No, I think you get on level 16 or 18..

ok thanks, how long will it take to get to level 16 for a average player? no need ro an exact time, just a estimated time.

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drakenkanon:

No, I think you get on level 16 or 18.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was lvl 20 in the beta.

And no ability in the beta had less then 30 second cooldown - same with the E3 demo before it. Most had 60 second cooldown - Poison was either 60 or 90 seconds, I THINK it was 90 - but I used it heaps once I unlocked it.

If you're playing a lot, it would only take 2 - 3 days to unlock anyway.

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 08:09 AM
It was lvl 20 in the beta.

And no ability in the beta had less then 30 second cooldown - same with the E3 demo before it. Most had 60 second cooldown - Poison was either 60 or 90 seconds, I THINK it was 90 - but I used it heaps once I unlocked it.

If you're playing a lot, it would only take 2 - 3 days to unlock anyway.

ah ok, then i'll unlock it in about 5 days i think, no problem.

but in a movie on youtube they said, "so far there is only one assassin after me" (wanted mode), are there more assassins after you when you kill more or do you randomly get more players chasing you?

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 09:49 AM
The number of assassins chasing you depends on your place in the match and what level you are in comparison to the other players.

When I was level 20 in the beta, I'd join a game partway through and even though I was at the bottom of the scoreboard with 0 points I'd sometimes have 2 or 3 players after me, because everyone else was lower level.

Assuming equal level though, you'll get more players hunting you when you're higher on the scoreboard, and people at the bottom will often have nobody after them.

Because stealth kills and escapes earn extra points, high score often goes to someone with less kills, so saying "when you kill more" doesn't necessarily cover it. Lots of kills, a few stealth kills, or lots of escapes, can all earn you enough points to move up the board and get more pursuers.