PDA

View Full Version : PF-AEP Style Add-on

LEBillfish
04-29-2005, 10:07 PM

Vigilanty
04-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Sure, I'd buy it. As far as I can see, the major expense involved in this hobby is keeping my hardware up to date. Next to that, the cost of software is almost insignificant. At least up to a point that I'm not near yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, the more quality software that comes out, the more value I get for my hardware dollar.

SeaNorris
04-30-2005, 03:40 AM
Of course, Payed for AEP right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

carguy_
04-30-2005, 03:45 AM
Provided the FM is VERY good,ofcourse,a plane addon would be nice.For max $20 I`d buy.

It seems I don`t give S_h_i_t about PTO because all those maps,objects don`t seem bad to me.However I also think PF was a quickie based on income esimations and not very good.

IMO as long as there is demand Oleg can fix us something while waiting for BoB.That said,I understand we don`t want them lose too much time for PF so I think a plane only addon would be ok.I heard somewhere Oleg has many planes made by 3rd party.Wouldn`t like them to go to waste so maybe give them a good FM,DM ,put on a CD and make some money.

I`m in whatever theater plane addon it is.

R_Target
04-30-2005, 06:37 AM
I always seem to buy anything for IL-2 anyways, so yeah.

hotspace
04-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Yep, I would be game to pay for an Add-On http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Hot Space

Eraser_tr
04-30-2005, 07:02 AM
Provided it was a completely new addon after we get the free one(and we get whats been promised in it) thats been coming, yes.

3.JG51_BigBear
04-30-2005, 08:54 AM
I'd buy another add on for this game. There is so much more that can be done with the Pacific and I still think this game looks pretty decent and new flight models should breath some new life into the sim.

jamesdietz
04-30-2005, 09:24 AM
You bet I'd pay for it! I'm in so deep on this game - whats another few bucks?

LEBillfish
04-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Looking at the poll so far I have to laugh....23 would buy it, 3 would not.....As sure as the sun will rise the three that would not if they fly online will....why?

Well, if 85% have PF-AEP 5.0, who ya gonna fly with and you're lacking missing all the good stuff PF 4.0?

Frankly, IMLTHO if they never made BoB and kept expanding what we have, IL2-FB-AEP-PF would have a heck of a long run still to go....BoB sounds great....I want to play the pacific some first though.

UBI, may not be profitable as say Barbie Dress Up, but it keeps your name in the consumers eye. As to the lawsuits and such, well, someone has just not made the right phonecalls for or from UBI yet....Ah well, Ubi's loss.

How many here would be prepared to start their own "by mail" distribution business...Hmmm?

han freak solo
04-30-2005, 09:18 PM
When is "Banzai" from X1 coming out?? It's for FB/AEP/PF.

IV_JG51_Razor
05-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Good poll Billfish. I'd gladly pay for every add-on that Oleg has brought out since the beginning of IL-2. I can't believe that people actually DEMAND that the add-ons be free - like Oleg owes them something!

For the price of a few hours at the bar, or a decent dinner for two, or a round of golf (including the cart and beer), you could buy an IL-2 add-on.

This next patch (add-on) is going to be so large, I don't think it would be unreasonable for Oleg/UBi to charge for it. OK, everything except for the Betty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm hoping that the Russian release is profitable enough to convince the powers that be to distribute it in the rest of the world. You would think that in this day and age of technology, they could find a way to distribute it with a minimum of expense, and maximum of profit. Maybe that would help ease the loss of their profit from N/G.

jarink
05-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by IV_JG51_Razor:
I'm hoping that the Russian release is profitable enough to convince the powers that be to distribute it in the rest of the world. You would think that in this day and age of technology, they could find a way to distribute it with a minimum of expense, and maximum of profit. Maybe that would help ease the loss of their profit from N/G.

Bitorrent would work exceptionally well the first couple weeks after it's release. Regular FTP servers can be expensive, especially for the amount of traffic such an add-on would cause. If they could find someone to press and ship CDs from several worldwide locations (US, Austrailia, Europe), then simple online ordering would seem to make sense. There's lots of game publishers that use that method (Battlefront is a good example)

Spider_439th
05-01-2005, 11:26 AM
I will buy it for sure as i am convinced that it will have paid add-on in a few month

i like this sim and they need our support to continue

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

han freak solo
05-01-2005, 11:08 PM
If they could find someone to press and ship CDs from several worldwide locations (US, Austrailia, Europe), then simple online ordering would seem to make sense. There's lots of game publishers that use that method (Battlefront is a good example)

Yeah, I like paying for hardcopies. Bring it on, Oleg!!