PDA

View Full Version : whos going to have the advantge?

fordfan25
09-30-2004, 11:06 PM
so guys,Looking at the current plane list wich side do you think is going to have the advantage in PF online. US and her allies or Japan?and none of that its the pilot skill that counts lol.

and relax the qustion is only ment to be fun.please no hard case's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WUAF_Badsight
09-30-2004, 11:54 PM
you nice ?

Giganoni
10-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Well, after reading dozens of historical sources, consulting the world's top religious and political leaders, checking to see if the planets are in the right alignment, oh and spinning around 17 times I have concluded the following: I need serious, serious help.

Other than that, it is certainly obvious that the Allies will have more planes to choose from. However, I'll have fun just flying in my Ki-43 probably dying repeatedly from F6F's, but that one I do get will be a lot of fun!

203Ku_Takasaki
10-01-2004, 12:05 AM
I expect the Allies to have the advantage as they did in real life, especially in late war scenarios.

It also looks like we (Japanese) are going to be severely outnumbered by the looks of that PF squadron list thread.

Tater-SW-
10-01-2004, 12:33 AM
Actually, I'd say the allies will do better than RL (and the navy did OK from very early anyway) during early war, and the japanese will do better than RL in the late war. The chief reasons?

1. Pilot skill will be a constant. (in RL the allies went from average to very good (the USN started better than ave.)
while the IJN/AF went from very good, to awful as the war progressed)

2. mechanical problems are not simulated. US planes had serious issues with their guns early on (even at Guadalcanal). Many pilots were left with a couple, or even no guns quickly. Late in the war, the japanese planes should be in terrible shape, using second rate gas. This won;t happen either.

tater

Maj_Death
10-01-2004, 02:14 AM
Up till mid 1943 it should be roughly even. 1944 onwards will go to the allies due mainly to the very limited axis planeset after 1943. Prior to 1943 should be pretty good though. The Japanese will have a major agility advantage, but the allies will have a decent speed advantage to compensate.

wuggle85
10-01-2004, 04:45 AM
i think if the jap sqns know how to control their planes properlly then the allied sqns will have a bit of a fight on their hands

firehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gifstarter

Aztek_Eagle
10-01-2004, 05:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 203Ku_Takasaki:
I expect the Allies to have the advantage as they did in real life, especially in late war scenarios.

It also looks like we (Japanese) are going to be severely outnumbered by the looks of that PF squadron list thread. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont worry i will fly on the side of the japanese, i count for 10 pilots, we will rule the world

ElAurens
10-01-2004, 05:19 AM
As much as I like several of the Japanese aircraft that should be in the sim, I believe that those who fly Japanese will be in for a very hard time, no matter the year of the scenario.

Why?

All of those who fly Allied will be flying with a modern appreciation of the flaws in Japanese aircraft design/tactical doctrine.

It will be a slaughter online for the Japanese.

Be Sure.

Biloxi72
10-01-2004, 06:40 AM
I agree with El. As much as the Japanese squads will be masters orf their planes and work tactically well with each other, untill the george comes out and few more of the army planes i think it will be a rough go for them. I think PF should have focused more on the jap planes first, and then the allied side. Maybe cut back on all the vairents of the wild cat and drop the f4u-1c. We just need the a and d i think.

MEGILE
10-01-2004, 06:51 AM
KI-84C = pwnage.. be sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VW-IceFire
10-01-2004, 07:46 AM
I'd expect its somewhat like it is now. The Allies had the advantage at the end of the war in numbers and sometimes in performance. But the numbers are fairly close.

I think Japans failing times in terms of aircraft performance is in late 1943 and early 1944. Thats when their aircraft hadn't yet caught up and their pilots were poorly trained by that point. If you look at aircraft in use by 1945, albiet in limited numbers, they did catch up. The George was considered very equal to the Hellcat in terms of performance and the Frank was a deadly adversary when it was performing to spec.

So with the Frank, which we already have and know, we see a very serious opponent against the Allies. If/when the George is flyable it will have some of those similar characteristics...a very deadly assortment of 20mm cannons too. I think the Ki-61 was also an aircraft that was very dangerous to the Allies. Had it been in numbers or with experienced pilots more often it would have been more equal with them.

So I think, even with the known flyables, we'll see some serious challenge to the Allied aircraft. I'm just hoping for more variety as time goes along.

xanty
10-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Well, many pilots/buyers have 2 years of Il-2 experience, which will account for much online/offline. We no noobs xcept for landing on carriers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I hope things are a bit valanced at the start and then get even better when patches come out. It is a bit like LW, too little plane variety and when they got serious, it was too little too late ('44)

p1ngu666
10-01-2004, 09:21 AM
i am wondering if the allies will have too big a advantage...

BSS_Goat
10-01-2004, 10:59 AM
I think w/ the Discovery Wings promotion and this being a new game, you will have a massive influx of T&B new guys. They will be easy pickings for the Japanese when it first comes out. (Until they learn better)

Daiichidoku
10-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I think a big difference we be what kind of server one is in at the time...

Where there is icons, ext and/or padlocks, the allied stuff should be able to conduct slashing bnz attacks at will, more or less...

With the visibility restrictions of the video game, in a FR server allies will have a very rough time of it....most JP types have a supieror climb and of course, manuverability...I would expect that in order in survive, the allies better keep a darn high alt adv

All in all, I can imagine most JP pilots either hopelessly trying to catch allies, or evading thier attacks

Gonna be tough for JP pilots vs any decent allied pilot with half a brain, at least...

Only the trained and co-ordinated JP squads should be able to really be successful in JP types, except, as noted above, for the noobs who will df Corsirs vs Zeros, hehehe

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-01-2004, 11:16 AM
PF will certainly have a hot ride for the Japanese...throw in a squad of Ki-84b's and C's and you've got a fight.

Giganoni
10-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Would have been nice to have seen the Shoki. JAAF pilots could have had the Ki-44 I as early as 41 in the CBI theater thanks to the 47th IF chutai. Oh well, the Ki-61 might throw off the BnZ tactics of American planes, because the Hien could certainly follow em in a dive. Of course there is the good ol' Ki-84. No matter what you do, BnZ or TnB the Frank will be a challenge (although I feel they nerfed the damage model for the plane thanks to all the whines).

Dutch60
10-01-2004, 12:59 PM
The Dutch (LOL) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
The will be in PF as a new nation alongside the New Zealanders and the Australians.

Daiichidoku
10-01-2004, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giganoni:
Would have been nice to have seen the Shoki. JAAF pilots could have had the Ki-44 I as early as 41 in the CBI theater thanks to the 47th IF chutai. Oh well, the Ki-61 might throw off the BnZ tactics of American planes, because the Hien could certainly follow em in a dive. Of course there is the good ol' Ki-84. No matter what you do, BnZ or TnB the Frank will be a challenge (although I feel they nerfed the damage model for the plane thanks to all the whines). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the Ki84 DM is ok....it can still take a fair amount of damage IMO, which reflects that it was made of sterner stuff than the previous standard in JP types...it was ridiculous in 1.22, anyhow

Im not sure which Tony we are getting, Gigan, but weren't the first series rather thin skinned, limitiing it's dive Vne?...I think they produced a second series with thicker skin that could dive ok...when the engines worked

I'd prefer the Ki100, anyhow...but I don't think engine, or for that matter, landing gear leg or any othe rcompoonent reliablilty issues will surface in PF...good thing for the late war JP types!

Maj_Death
10-01-2004, 01:39 PM
The Ki-61 will probebly give the allies a rough time in the midwar period but without its successor, the Ki-100, it will start suffering badly in 1944 onwards. It's worth noting that I think icons, PL and other such things will actually favor the japs. This is because the allies will be forced to fly like Fw-190 pilots in FB/AEP. Without the element of suprise, you can forget about killing anyone unless he is either crippled already or you have cockpit off so you can make those absurd deflection shots. Also, dispite all the people here who talk about team work and B&Z, I see very little of that when I go into HL. I assure you the japs will probebly do very well in PF up until 1944 when they get restricted to only 1 plane type.

Snootles
10-01-2004, 05:30 PM
In an early-war setting, Japan and the States should be evenly matched. It will depend on the individual pilots' skills.

Without the B6N Tenzan, B7A Ryusei, D4Y Suisei, J2M Raiden, Ki-44 Shoki, Ki-45 Toryu, Ki-100, or N1K Shiden flyable, the Japanese side is going to become increasingly unplayable (especially on-line) the farther one gets from 1942. Japan will be stuck with its early war planeset against up-to date American equipment.

This is assuming the "in-progress" plane list is literal, whereas we all know it isn't. Who knows what will be in the game?

Giganoni
10-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Well, we will have the Ki-84 which will be the best Japanese fighter in this Sim. Including the Ki-84 Otsu which has plenty of firepower with 4 20mm cannons. The only problem is the Ki-84 if the WIP list does not change will be the only plane we can choose while the allies get all the latest 47s, 51s, Spits, etc, etc. I would miss a Ki-45 but, really unless its up against bombers or ground targets it really isn't suited for online fights.

I know a lot of people are IJN boyz so it is kind of sad that those navy boyz won't be able to fly the George, maybe they'll get a late model Zero http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LEXX_Luthor
10-01-2004, 11:14 PM
pingu:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>i am wondering if the allies will have too big a advantage... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Late WAR dogfight servers will be USA vs USA, with the odd Ki~84 and Brit tossed in, from time to time. FP may cause the most servers to focus on early/mid WAR for the first time in flight sim History.

just some random ideas... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TAGERT.
10-01-2004, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> fordfan25:
so guys,Looking at the current plane list wich side do you think is going to have the advantage in PF online. US and her allies or Japan?and none of that its the pilot skill that counts lol.

and relax the qustion is only ment to be fun.please no hard case's <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Any side I fly for will have an advantage.. It's the man not the machine!

RedDeth
10-02-2004, 09:40 AM
above 6000 meters the KI84 shouldnt outperform allied planes in speed or climb. right now the KI can climb with any plane in game above 6 all the way to 10 k .

that needs to be fixed. and if it is the ki will not be a high alt threat.

as it is stangs and jugs cant outfly the ki at 10000 meters. and its not the high alt characteristics of the game either as most planes cant hold a candle to the jug at 10k. only the ki and ta and I185.

other planes all flounder. EXCEPT THE KI84

VW-IceFire
10-02-2004, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giganoni:
Well, we will have the Ki-84 which will be the best Japanese fighter in this Sim. Including the Ki-84 Otsu which has plenty of firepower with 4 20mm cannons. The only problem is the Ki-84 if the WIP list does not change will be the only plane we can choose while the allies get all the latest 47s, 51s, Spits, etc, etc. I would miss a Ki-45 but, really unless its up against bombers or ground targets it really isn't suited for online fights.

I know a lot of people are IJN boyz so it is kind of sad that those navy boyz won't be able to fly the George, maybe they'll get a late model Zero http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a late model Zero apparently...saw a screen shot somewhere. I can't remember now...I guess we'll see on release.

Someone also mentioned that the George AI *problem* was being fixed. So I think we can count on some more flying around soon.

Snootles
10-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I even heard the rumor from a preview on some game site that there would be a late Zero.

Tvrdi
10-03-2004, 06:00 PM
most of the vets who are not from the US will choose mainly japanese side for bigger challenge (like choosing LW side in FB) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ,....btw, Ki84 is gone in a sec after taking hits in the wing area (very flamable area lol)..M5 zeke is slow..too slow in FB...almost like M2...if we gonna have such Zeke in PF...in RL early US planes on pacific were obsolete....later japanese planes were short on supplies and mechanical parts..filled with bad fuel...sim will neutralize all that for better gameplay like always...but its ok for me..its a f game after all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Snootles
10-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Yeah, the early-war P-40's guns were generally in a hideous state of maintenance. Sometimes only one or two would work consistently for a sortie.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't necessarily call having to deal with that in a game fun. Now if a plane itself had major defects or was a poor performer, I want all of that modeled because that's an unchangeable aspect of flying the model. It's the stuff that could have been avoided- not using the electric chargers, packing the barrels with cosmoline- that I might want to skip.