PDA

View Full Version : Gravis Blackhawk digital

Vandoos111
04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I know it s an oldie but I need a serial port Joystick to use with my old but in perfect working order CH rudder pedals. Just one thing quinda bugs me...Can t seem to be rudder compatible!!!! can anyone help, I could nt find anything on the Web!!!
thanks
Vandoos

K_Freddie
04-04-2008, 01:29 PM
You could try getting a serial to USB converter device. The problem will be with the HID (Human Interface Device) identification. Most USB joystick controllers identify themselves to the system by an HID code. This allows the game to auto-ID the joystick/rudders.

Here you might have to manually do the ID'ing.
Haven't done it before, so it's a discovery exercise for you... good luck.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Stiletto-
04-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I have old CH Pedals that are gameport. I don't use them anymore, probably because my gameport cable broke on my audigy years ago.. They were good, and I got them for 35 bucks, right before all the CH Products went USB and went way up in price. I'd either try what Freddie told you, something I thought of doing years ago, or since you have a working gameport on your computer, why can't you use a USB joystick for the stick and the gameport for the rudders, sine IL2 can detect all sorts of things?

fabianfred
04-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Plenty of old MSFFSW2 stickson ebay with gameport....just because they have a twist rudder doesn't mean you have to assign it

Vandoos111
04-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I ve tried usb for stick and port for rudder but windows wont detect the pedals without a joystick plugged into it!I guess i ll try the converter.

Thanks guys