PDA

View Full Version : Modern Day Altair

Tlepolemus7
06-02-2007, 06:37 PM
So I recently saw "smokin aces" which was a little eh as far as movies go, but one thing I found interesting was that one of the assassin's in the movie had what seemed like the exact same switchblade style apparatus attached to the inset of his wrist! The guy also looked middle eastern, and the second he started wrist-stabbing people, the first thing that came into my head was "If we can do THAT in AC, it might be all right".

The guy used his blade in some pretty cool ways. Rubbing someone's face and then almost stabbing them (sadly, he didn't quite get to the stabbing, but I'm sure it was close), having a conversation with someone, then abruptly grabbing and stabbing them.

I just thought it was kind of cool.

XxKillabytexX
06-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Well the assasionation cult that Altair belongs to the Husashasin (or however the bloody hell you spell it) may have modern day counterparts. So maby the movie based that assassin on someone from the Husashasin.

moqqy
06-03-2007, 03:52 AM
There are Hashashin nowdays, however they dropped the name and their leader is Agi Khan, and he wishes to harm no-one, other way around.

XxKillabytexX
06-03-2007, 04:24 AM
So the leader of probably one of the biggest assassination cults wishes "no harm on no-one"......right

moqqy
06-03-2007, 04:27 AM
It's not an assassination cult..

XxKillabytexX
06-03-2007, 04:43 AM
Ok its not a cult but it IS an Assassination group withstanding.

moqqy
06-03-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by XxKillabytexX:
Ok its not a cult but it IS an Assassination group withstanding.
No, it's not an assassination group either...
It's been thousand years, what makes you think they still assassinate people or train to assassinate them?

XxKillabytexX
06-03-2007, 05:33 AM
Whell what do they do then? Sit around debating what colour drapes to hang in the meeting lounge?

Karl_93
06-03-2007, 06:03 AM
u never no...

DeViLsMiraGe
06-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Whell what do they do then? Sit around debating what colour drapes to hang in the meeting lounge?

lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif haha nice one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

moqqy
06-03-2007, 06:19 AM

No, they assassinate people all the time and call themselves hashashin and stuff and no-one still does nothing to them.

Hurdyking
06-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Well there can't be an modern day Altair since most of the Hashshashin sect members were destroyed in the 13th century and those that remained got slowly absorbed into other Ismaili sects

moqqy
06-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Hurdyking:
Well there can't be an modern day Altair since most of the Hashshashin sect members were destroyed in the 13th century and those that remained got slowly absorbed into other Ismaili sects

There are Hashashin nowdays,they're called Ismaili Nizārīs tho.

This is their leaders website. http://www.akdn.org/

chewie1890
06-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Talk about drastic change...

Hurdyking
06-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hurdyking:

This is their leaders website. http://www.akdn.org/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hashshashin may have been there ancestors but there not exactly the same infamous "secret society" that was founded some odd 800 years ago.. They can trace their roots back to them but thats as far as the resemblance goes imho..

moqqy
06-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah they were their ancestors, and no, they are not the same secret society.

And yeah chewie, a little change http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

knife_X
06-03-2007, 04:21 PM
pfft could be the same as the old "ones" only different means of getting there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

noobfun
06-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hurdyking:

This is their leaders website. http://www.akdn.org/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hashassin *cough yeah right this phrase means nowt* were the assassins of the nizari people so yes some nizari are direct decendants of our friends from the crusades

nope the aga khans dont discuss curtains at the meeting, they keep the religeous aspect alive but stopped the poiltical assassination,

Vangelios
06-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Well though a specific modern implication of Hashashin is yet to be proven, many terrorist groups such as Al-Quieda base some of their actions on the old assassins guild. Ancestors or not, I doubt the Hashashin still exist directly.

moqqy
06-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Vangelios:
Well though a specific modern implication of Hashashin is yet to be proven, many terrorist groups such as Al-Quieda base some of their actions on the old assassins guild. Ancestors or not, I doubt the Hashashin still exist directly.

Why?

noobfun
06-04-2007, 01:27 PM

ummm and then we all woke up from a strange dream of al-queada and dancing marshmellows

ok the hashassasin (ok all talk in madeup words so it makes sense) were a part of the nizari military, think of them as the sas or delta force of thier day

they wernt a secret sect hidden away in the mountains, well they were but they were hidden away with a hundred thousand nizari muslims and everyone knew exactly where they were they were just to afraid to attack

al-queda's attack (9/11) was the catalyst for the afghan invasion

the nizari fida's(nizari assasin or hashassin as you call em) attacks were designed to prevent the enemies from invading thier land

nizari fida were required to be intelegent and very well educated in science maths astrologoy languages

no requirments for your average terrorist

so they are copying them how?

and p.s. al-queda was invented by the F.B.I in order to indite bin laden for the embassy bombings using the only u.s. laws that would allow them to .. the ones created to bring down the mafia bosses

Vangelios
06-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Well I am implying that though your observations of Al-Queda are correct, most middle eastern terrorism groups do Indeed base their philosophies on the oldest known terrorism group the Hashashin

noobfun
06-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Well I am implying that though your observations of Al-Queda are correct, most middle eastern terrorism groups do Indeed base their philosophies on the oldest known terrorism group the Hashashin

what beliefs?

bin laden works for iman zuwahari (spelling) as he always has (he's never been more then a cash cow) and after they removed the russians from afghanistan thier only goal was to remove the US airforce bases from saudi believing it is saudi and should only be protected by saudi's not a bunch of militant kansas guys in sun glasses

hamas and other palestinian groups want, ideally the destruction of israel in return for them forcing the palestinian economy to its knees, forcing them to depend on israel for such simple things as garbage removal he many many many armed incursions, killing of civillians and testing of nerve gases on the general public but they will settle for israel pulling out its armed forces and removal of the settlements that are encroaching even further into palestine land agreed by the u.n. survay maps

chechen islamists want freedom for thier country, they have forced the russians out 3 times while we sat back and ignored the extreme and brutal force used by the russians to beat them and the supportive civillian population back under russian control, they reduced the capital city to rubble twice think a modern version of stalingrad, as a side note until we destroyed the afghan training camps they where able to train thier forces to fight the conventional/gurilla war's that forced the russians out. now they dont have that option they have had to use terrorist attacks such as the theater incident a few years back, and taking a school full of children hostage

egyptian islamist groups want a muslim egypt (think of a less extreme taliban). many of the islamist extremists that were let free from prison and sent to afghanistan with guns came from here. thank ronald regan for that

iraqi is a cival war not a terror campaign, sunni are fighting shi'a, shi'a are fighting sunni, and both are fighting american and UK forces because they are A) getting in the way of it B) an invading army

so ummm ....... hows this link to a herectical group of muslims that turned its back on most of islam. and used a tactic they and the ishma'ili (they were an offshoot of ishma'ili muslimism) had been using since about the 4th century

the only real link is small group using the only option they have to protect them selves (not including bin laden and co in this they are just nut jobs and have such a small number of people they would struggle to fill a pizza hut)

so on this logic the viet cong, tamil tigers, and every rebel group that ever existed incuding spartacus's galdiator uprising were based on the nizari even if they were from 5 or 600 years earlier

-_- so you were saying ?

AldirTheKnight
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif owned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Assassin_411
06-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Tlepolemus7:
So I recently saw "smokin aces" which was a little eh as far as movies go, but one thing I found interesting was that one of the assassin's in the movie had what seemed like the exact same switchblade style apparatus attached to the inset of his wrist! The guy also looked middle eastern, and the second he started wrist-stabbing people, the first thing that came into my head was "If we can do THAT in AC, it might be all right".

The guy used his blade in some pretty cool ways. Rubbing someone's face and then almost stabbing them (sadly, he didn't quite get to the stabbing, but I'm sure it was close), having a conversation with someone, then abruptly grabbing and stabbing them.

I just thought it was kind of cool.

I think that the character you are speaking of was actually Spanish. He did have a Mid eastern look about him though.. I was waiting to see him go to work on someone with the knife. Would have been interesting.

Tlepolemus7
06-13-2007, 04:33 PM
I really thought the altair style switchblade was a pretty original apparatus, but now I'm not so sure. So do you think the movie copied AC or AC has been taking less liberties with historical facts than we've thought?

Assassin_411
06-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I dont think that either one has copied each other. I think that that sort of weapon has been around in movies. I think that i have seen it before in others, but cant remember which ones.. either way.. a cool way of delivering the smack down..

Runaway1.0
06-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Bin Laden and his Al Qaida (or how you spell it in your countries) are sunnites and the Hashassasin were shiites.
Everyone knows that Al Qaida hates the shiites.
They would never be like them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

noobfun
06-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_411:

I think that the character you are speaking of was actually Spanish. He did have a Mid eastern look about him though.. I was waiting to see him go to work on someone with the knife. Would have been interesting.

his name was pasquale acosta, sounds spanish or south american to me

the wrist weapon isnt a blade its a pointed spike but pretty similar

(dug out my copy of smoking aces finally lol)

BlackHand2007
06-19-2007, 10:24 PM
You can't link Al Qaida to Hashashin because Al Qaida attack on mass by bombing thing or other Suicidal attacks. While Hashashin killed with deadly accuracy and they had a code of honor that they lived by.

Edo_555
06-20-2007, 12:44 AM
I would agry, that they some of they tradition continue terorists.
But nowedays alsou are christian terroristshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif As I know, in Northen Ireland now all is safe, but in ... country they still are active.
Realy there isn't much differences between terrorists and freedom fighters.

moqqy
06-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Edo_555:
I would agry, that they some of they tradition continue terorists.
But nowedays alsou are christian terroristshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif As I know, in Northen Ireland now all is safe, but in ... country they still are active.
Realy there isn't much differences between terrorists and freedom fighters.

what do ya mean?