PDA

View Full Version : Which Classic Maps (MP and SP)?

KungFu_CIA
03-08-2006, 10:11 AM
What are some of the classic maps you would like to see in R6:5 for MP and possibly SP?

Personal picks:

-City Streets Large
-Mint
-TV Station (Rogue Spear)
-Siberia Mine (Rogue Spear)
-Chalet (Winter/Fall)
-Cruise Ship (Black Thorn)
-Office Building Training (Black Thorn)
-Warehouse (Raven Shield)
-Airport Day (Raven Shield)
-Mountain Highway (Raven Shield)

As always, I hope the devs design new maps as well, but also include the classics since this series is almost a decade old and has a rich history of maps associated with it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr__Freeze
03-08-2006, 10:20 AM
I dont want any classic maps included. Played them over and over, just want new maps...

SODsniper
03-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Add to the above list

PEAKS

orbit22679
03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
I would like to see The Met redone. Great map from Rogue Spear. TV station would be good. It's been a long time since I played Rogue Spear or any of it's expansions so I can't remember many of the maps. There was a map where you were in some kind of water treatment facility (I think) in the desert somewhere. I would like to see that one redone. Also there was a cool jungle map from Covert Ops that would be a good remake.

Woosy
03-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Oil Rig, thats one map that I think would look awesome redone.

KungFu_CIA
03-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Woosy:
Oil Rig, thats one map that I think would look awesome redone.

From which game?

R6, or Raven Shield?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FWF_BooBoo
03-08-2006, 11:10 AM
the met from RS and pagoda from black thorn, would love to see an updated version of those.

btw, I think cruise ship from BT was horrible atleast for MP, was way too big, was it fun in SP?

vegas_
03-08-2006, 11:22 AM
JUST KEEP THE MAPS PLAYABLE SMALL NOT like MEAT?PACKING PLANT or oil raffinary (RVS)!!!

ArchangelSKT
03-08-2006, 11:28 AM
I would like to see :

- Met from Rouge Spear
- Improved Hacienda maybe from R6
- Bunkers , never get tired of this baby :-P

Deosl
03-08-2006, 11:51 AM
I would like to see the return of:
-City Streets Large
-Met
-Chalet
-Sib 1
-Training
-Mint
-Chemical Compound

Like Freeze said, it may get tiresome of playing the same old maps again, but it depends if they manage to expand and add new twists to the map.

I hope they add 3 maps like in Lockdown while the fans actually get to vote this time...

NaRc.op
03-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Rouge Spear
-City Street Large (just because its City Street Large lol)
-Bunkers
-Met
-Spa Spring/Winter (awesome map)
-Kill House Double

Ubran Ops
-Hotel and Crashed Bus
-Canals of Venice
-Subway Station

Black Thorn
-Hotel
-Convention Center
-Pagoda

These are my favorite maps to play from these three games and would love to see them again.

RvSGaming.com
03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I know this is very far fetched... but would be great to see some of the old Takedown maps integrated into Vegas. I know takedown was never released in the US but damn it had some really nice maps.

Gotti
www.RvSGaming.com (http://www.RvSGaming.com)

dave819831983
03-08-2006, 12:34 PM
What about the most iconic map of the R6 universe - EMBASSY from R6.

I remember playing that when the demo came out - that map is everything R6 should be. Multiple entries, tactical decisions over the entry points, feels as though it might be a situation that could actually occur.

Just this time it would be nice if there are no empty rooms -I think computers have come on enough for that now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

reggo
03-08-2006, 12:52 PM
RAINBOW SIX
Oil Rig (Angel Wire)
Bio Lab (Fire Walk)
BioDome (Mystic Tiger)

ROGUE SPEAR
Oil Tanker (Arctic Flare)
747 (Perfect Sword)
Chalet Winter (Silver Snake)
Siberian Base II (Majestic Gold)

COVERT OPERATIONS ESSENTIALS
Jungle (Lucky Snare)
Ice Base (Arctic Zebra)

fedayn81
03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
please, classic maps again??

devs dont have any new CREATIVE idea about that?!

new game = new maps.

GSG_9_Rage
03-08-2006, 01:20 PM
no maps like Meat packing plant. i agree with pretty much all that was said.

a little OT, but there was one custom map that i liked, called Centre Bell. it was a hockey rink, and it was very well done! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

maybe what they could do is make the game with completely new original Vegas maps, then, after release, go back, and make classic maps and release them as a map pack.

Bio Lab (Fire Walk)
BioDome (Mystic Tiger)

definatly! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

d4v
03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by fedayn81:

new game = new maps.

totally agree.
if we get the right tools from ubi we can port the old maps anyway.

imho the threadtitle should be:

"what maps did we like, and why"

so devs understand what type of maps (gameplaywise) do work best in multiplayer.

my fav for example is warehouse, because of its tactical possibillities and the various routes to choose from.

Urban-Violence
03-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Bunkers all the way, I never got tired of it. Provided there is a decent selection of sniper rifles to go with it.

subzero1900
03-08-2006, 02:17 PM
ALl the previous maps to Raven Shield

reasons why?
A. non-exsistant chokepoints, they were options....more like "Quick points" you wanted action there was the area to go and die fastly...if you wanted to live and play tactically there were TONS of doors That were openable....None of this fake door ****

B. NO fake doors

(all maps before Rvs followed this rule)

C. almost every path besides the "quick points" had a tactical advantage

example-going up stairs on The Met lead you to a balcany that oversaw the entire room with the knights on horses putting the angle of approach in favor for the one above as opposed to the person down below.

D. Windows placed in stratiegic places that viewed playable area...not fake skyboxes with bushes masking that there was no ground outside

(all maps before Rvs followed this rule)

E. The maps had multiple selectable spawns (not where ingame you could choose them) but as a server setting, where the game changed, the stratiegys changed, the players changed all due to what was selected by the HOST

(the maps before RVS had this ability but it was left to the modders to create new spawns)

F. Believeable playing areas....LD for the most part didn't follow the rules established by the games before RVS, thus the maps sucked

_________________Things not to do Like in lockdown____________________

1. Mirror maps

2. Create a Disadvantage by giving one team (mercs) a map dependant piece of equipment, and giving the other team a wall hack, at least when we had HBS we had no ability to fire our weapons

3. Fake doors

4. Windows with little viewable area of an unimportant part of the map

5. fake windows (a little agrivateing looking at a window that would view useful parts of a map that had a stratiegic position

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/004/review...060104_screen005.jpg (http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/004/reviews/925341_20060104_screen005.jpg)

MsF-InSaNe
03-08-2006, 02:49 PM
The Office Building from BlackThorn I thought was a great map, along with pagoda. Also, wouldn't mind seeing Warehouse and Airport from RVS.

Le Tigre
03-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Kosovo aka. Ruined City

Dizzybone
03-08-2006, 05:22 PM
OMG VERY GOOD TOPIC!

MAPS I would like to see brought back.
-The Met (Rogue Spear)
-Sib 1 (Rogue Spear)
-Chalet Fall (Rogue Spear)
-Hospital (made bigger)(Covert Ops)
-Store Front and Back (made bigger)(Covert Ops)
-Pagoda (Black Thorn)
-Office Building (Black Thorn)
-Under Water Habitat (Urban Ops)
-City Street Large (Rogue Spear)
-Ohh so much more... but those are my favs.

Dane175
03-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Original R6 maps:
Embassy
Congo
Oil Rig* (Full version, not some crappy 1 floor remake.)
Hacienda*
Water Ride
Dam
Bio Lab/Hotzone
Airport
Mint*
Ship
Estate*
Skyscraper
Road Ambush*
Amazon
Athlete's Village
Bio Dome

Rogue Spear maps:
The Met*
Oil Tanker
Desal Plant
Ruined City*
747*
Chalet Fall*
TV Station
Docks
Nuclear Storage Facility
Chalet Winter*
Spa Winter*
Opera House
Siberian Base I*
Siberian Base II
Spa Spring*
Train Yard
Castle
Nuclear Power Plant

Multiplayer:
City Street Large*
Bunkers*

This is all that is needed for the game to sell through the roof. Best maps have *'s but we need all. GG

WhiteKnight77
03-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Actually, I would like to see the Airport from R6 used.

Fact, every game from R6 to RvS has had an airport in it, including Black Thorn (though the US got it renamed to Bus Terminal and had the mission rewritten). Does anyone know if LD had an airport?

stm492
03-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Airport (rvs)
CLS (rvs style)
chalet fall (rs)
Sib 1 (rs)
subway (uo)

these 3 maps i think are a general base for the maps that rocked. when making new maps, keep it around these boundries please.

DreamMarine
03-09-2006, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by d4v:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fedayn81:

new game = new maps.

totally agree.
if we get the right tools from ubi we can port the old maps anyway.

imho the threadtitle should be:

"what maps did we like, and why"

so devs understand what type of maps (gameplaywise) do work best in multiplayer.

my fav for example is warehouse, because of its tactical possibillities and the various routes to choose from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that! Some of the old maps would be nice. But I am longing for really good NEW maps!!!

And please keep the variety of maps from the first R6 games. Not always another kind of some building:

- Varying size: village, big building, small buildings or verhicles

- Varying kind and basic geometry of "building": village, airport, ship, train, airplane, forrest, stadium, etc.

- Varying environment, climate and weather: night, snowfall, rain, fog, hot, etc.

- Choose some locations well known: some famous radio tower, maybe a big old castle, the white house, some historic buildings, etc.

- Varying missions: hostages, tango hunt, planting or defusing bombs, etc.

A little bit, R6 is also about "sight-seeing"! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif To fight in an amazing environment is just GREAT!

By the way, one thing that comes to my mind:

I was always wondering why in hostage situations there were only 2-3 hostages. Maybe sometimes it would be much more involving, challenging and there interresting if therefore would be a LOT of hostages and just SOME tangos. i.e.: in an airplane, train, theatre, etc.

This goes along with some suggestions from other R6 fans that there might be more neutral persons in the map.

In a nutshell:

Please knock me off my feet with some stunning new maps! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DreamMarine

Perseus_AWC
03-09-2006, 01:29 PM
None!
I am tired of rehashed maps, sold to me as something exciting. Hell, the players make better maps anyhow.

I say they should show some creativity and set some new scenarios.

TAW_Apocalypse
03-09-2006, 02:02 PM
I'd like to see all new maps. That way, everyone is on a level playing field- we'll all be noobs again becaus eno one knows that maps!

I would like to see the mod community remake the old maps at some point, but later on.

Aj6627
03-09-2006, 02:10 PM
SP:
Rainbow Six:
Embassy
Oil Rig
Bio Lab
Mint

Eagle Watch:
Big Ben
Capitol(never going to happenhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif)

Rogue Spear:

Covert Ops:
Missile Silo

Raven Shield:
Airport
Garage

MP:
City Street Large
Private Airport
Presidio
Training(from RvS)

Perseus_AWC
03-09-2006, 05:23 PM
This reply is also from a fellow Clanner. He is at workand cannot reply.

This from Dranoel_AWC

None of the above. What I want to see is them actually develop the PC version for PC FROM THE GROUND UP. No more damn console ports!

In other news :
I meant to say what Apocalypse said, he just said it better than me.

SAS_Shield
03-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Oil Rig (not oil refinery from RvS)
Bio Lab
Amazon
Dam
Oil Tanker
Docks

for training map bring back:
Office
2 room
Two Story

reggo
03-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Just some comments on your post TAW_Apocalypse

Originally posted by TAW_Apocalypse:
I'd like to see all new maps. That way, everyone is on a level playing field- we'll all be noobs again becaus eno one knows that maps!

Maps do not need to be made exactly the same as the originals. Remade maps may be interresting because they are done in an entirely new way, such as a different layout, new features added, etc.

It's like a 'movie remake'. It relies on the 'vision' of the mapper versus the vision of the original creator. It may end-up being very different from the original! And that's what can make it even more interresting.

Originally posted by TAW_Apocalypse:
I would like to see the mod community remake the old maps at some point, but later on.

Saddly, the problem is that many modders do:
1) MP-only maps,
2) Deffective maps,
3) Screwed-up .ini file maps,
4) Etc, etc, etc

Not all modders are named, let say, Hunter Johnny, cwv_odedge, MrMaJixx, Loner134, tekko92 or Jeff Amaro (from AWC Clan). Modders who can do 'professional calibre' maps are few and far between.

Maps released by the game corporation (UBI in this case) 'generally' don't have any issue and the player can load them and play them with a fair confidence that the game won't crash...

Of course, stock maps are not always perfect either. The 'levitating rock' of the Athena Sword's remake of 'Siberian base II' still agress my eye each time I play this map. But at least, the map doesn't have any 'major' bug and is playable in ALL modes.

Relenquish
03-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Well i have played RVS maps for years now, pretty much constantly (not literally 24/7). I realy dont want to see any of them in there. For one I dont think any of them are worth CLASSIC status. They are all good, but not worthy of being legends if you know what i mean. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

reggo
03-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Relenquish:
Well i have played RVS maps for years now, pretty much constantly (not literally 24/7). I realy dont want to see any of them in there. For one I dont think any of them are worth CLASSIC status. They are all good, but not worthy of being legends if you know what i mean. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I pretty much agree with you! Maybe with the only exception of the 'Castle of Milan' of Athena Sword (but it's only me).

Anyway, even if the RvS iteration had the best maps of the whole series, I woudn't see the pertinence of putting them in the next iteration (I do not count Lockdown). We've just finished playing the RvS maps after all! On the other hand, awesome maps that we played 5 to 8 years ago would definitely be a deeper 'nostalgic' trip!

Force_Enigma
03-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Desal Plant - RS
Compound - UO
Chalet - RS
Sib 1,2 - RS
Estate - R6/UO
Hacienda - R6/UO
Amazon - R6/UO
Ruined Ciy - RS
Docks - RS
TV station - RS
Bio Lab - R6/UO
Met - RS
Opera House - RS (Yes pls)
Train Yard - RS

hmmm I guess the pattern here is the RS/UO and R6 remake maps were by far the most balanced and tactically interesting of the whole series. The only arguably unfair setups in the entire series (prior to Raven Shiessa that is) were the 747 upper deck - hills start and the chalet guardhouse - living room start (to a lesser extent though...camping the guardhouse downstairs closet was classic).

CWP_Omega_Man
03-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Since I loved them all, I suggest they make a dozen new maps, but add ALL of the older maps in as a bonus pack to properly thank all of us for the years of support for the R6 franchise. It would also make up for Lockdown (which I have to say is the FIRST Clancy game I have ever held in my hand that I put back on the shelf). A hard choice for sure, because I own several copies of every Clancy game ever made.

savageone
03-17-2006, 09:40 AM
someone said all of them! i agree, but if thats not possible,
Met
Chalet
Kill House Double
Sib 1 and 2
Bunkers
Ruined City
and wasnt there a training map in RS

if all these were available for MP that would be sweet

mYm-Mercy-
03-19-2006, 05:27 AM
Embassy
Hacienda
Airport
Mint <-- THE FAVORITE!
Oil Tanker
Opera House
Siberian Base
Train Yard
City Street Large
Bunkers

EKAM_Alpha1
03-22-2006, 07:19 AM
-Embassy (with sniper support)
-Metropolitan museum
-Kosovo
-Opera house
-Siberian Base
-The map from UO with the crashed bus (I don't recall the name)
-Ferry (RvS)
-Bank with a realistic sniper spot -not on top of a bus- (RvS)
-Prison (RvS)
-Athens (Athena Sword)
-University (Iron Wrath)

shadow1..
03-28-2006, 10:40 AM
ambush road, original R6
and estate, original R6

althelets village, original R6

Crushda
03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
only for MP purpose:

high priority:
- City Streets Large (Streets in RvS perfect improved)
- Kill House Double
- Sib1
- Bunkers
- Kosovo aka. Ruined City

mid priority:
-prison (rvs)
-Chalet (rs)
-Train yard (rs)
-Met (rs)
-Canals of Venice (rs uo)
-Subway Station (rs uo)

yamaraion
08-28-2007, 12:43 PM
The map I miss the most from R6 is ROAD AMBUSH. It has never been done as a mod by anyone, to my knowledge. FORBIDDEN PALACE from EW would be a great map to see again.

SoonToBeBanned
08-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by yamaraion:
The map I miss the most from R6 is ROAD AMBUSH. It has never been done as a mod by anyone, to my knowledge. FORBIDDEN PALACE from EW would be a great map to see again.

I really hope they will have the time to implement these maps before the release of the game!

D'oh! Too late...

Lasher-M-
08-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by yamaraion:

Road Ambush was done as a mod for Rouge Spear UO etc. I know this for a fact cause I made it and it's still being used today in the RS/UO circles.

All the suggestions are great. Why not a huge monster pack of all of them to please everyone. Then people can choose what they like and noones left out.

All this really a mute point anyways though. Unless the Multiplayer is fixed to run like RvS or the like and they re-fix the bugs that where supposed to be fixed. The games dead. Time to move on start a new project and get it right this time. Instead of trying to re-invent the wheel maybe they should take a cue from Hollywood and re-make the Origional with todays Technology.

Doc-uk
08-29-2007, 11:44 AM
I would like to see all maps from raven shield,
They all rock
Regards
Doc
in fact just give me the ED, and i will recreat them, im sure i could do a better job than, one of the new maps weve just ben giveing

Scmbag21_CS
09-02-2007, 05:59 PM
i would say From Rainbowsix 1 Oilrig full version

Water Ride
Hacienda

Atheletes village or how ever u write it AV for the oldschoolers out there
Mint
Biolab
Airport

Eagle watch

Capital
Tajmahal
BigBen
Forbidden City

Roguespear

The met
Tv Station
Bunker
Covert ops game i would say

Jungle
Hospital

Urban ops

Subway

and RvS maps some of them we already got

like presidio
Training
CSL
Oil
meatpacking plant

are some nice maps that would own at Vegas

i agrea thou we need new maps at Vegas too its getting boring playing same maps every time again on the server

i know we got a map pack out but there just redux like Killhouse double redux CSL redux and some new 1s but still

its frustrating u get on a server u play CSL map is over
u go too CSL redux
and only difference is day time and evening

i got some great idea`s for maps so

wanna know them just holla http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

scavenger67
09-02-2007, 09:51 PM
aw yes center belle is a great map. and if you ever been on my clan server we have it mod out with plenty of targets. lol beside you being there, bio lab and El_Diablos and Krows_Chambers and Hadishi_Village and CombinedOps.. you get the point. i like map that are not easy to beat. never had never will. the tougher the maps the greater the challenge . i for would never vote for " next map" i believe they can be beaten. and have proved it. how about some of the TAW maps? they are dif and hard and dam fun

unpredictabl3
09-03-2007, 12:24 AM
How about patch 1.06 and a map editor? Everyone has forgot about the final patch.

But if i were to choose a map it would be "Training" or "Peaks".

SteveGT
09-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Meat packing, I just loved the meat packing maps

DawgFace
09-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Embassy
Hacienda
Mint
Capitol
Warehouse