PDA

View Full Version : sight on german aircraft

hdjuey
04-22-2007, 03:17 PM
in 1946 I have a problem seeing the reticel on german AC, I can just see the right side of it

JG52Karaya-X
04-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Ah, the classic...

Shift+F1

MEGILE
04-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Ctrl+F1

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Platypus_1.JaVA
04-22-2007, 03:33 PM
CTRL-E!!!

is good for other problems too!!

(sorry, only kidding)

The gunsights are off on other aircraft too. This is because lots of pilots have one eye closed when they take aim. The open eye is of course not in the centre line and so, your aim is a bit off. I guess German pilots where too lazy to move their head a few inches?

jannaspookie
04-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Platypus_1.JaVA:
CTRL-E!!!

is good for other problems too!!

(sorry, only kidding)

The gunsights are off on other aircraft too. This is because lots of pilots have one eye closed when they take aim. The open eye is of course not in the centre line and so, your aim is a bit off. I guess German pilots where too lazy to move their head a few inches?

Actually, the gunsight was mounted off the centerline in the Bf 109.

FlatSpinMan
04-23-2007, 08:23 AM
I've actually been playing with it un-centred recently. I find it works really well to help calculate deflection in that if the sight is off centre then so will the bullets be, if the sight slips down then so too will the bullets. But when the sight CENTRES itself, now soemone's going to get hurt!

polak5
04-23-2007, 11:10 AM
i have it off center while in taxi, or landing.. sometimes even while flying.

DKoor
04-23-2007, 11:27 AM
SHIFT+F1 - centers the gunsight in Axis aircraft (most of them)
CTRL+D - bring up the that tinted (black?) glass up so you can aim almost directly against the sun, also removes the protective cap on D3A, Ki-43, F2A...
CTRL+E - bail out (if nothing else works out and you have been hit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)