PDA

View Full Version : The AI and the patch.

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 10:26 AM
I know it, you know it, everyone knows it your biggest enemy in FB is your AI wingman. Yesterday for example i flew a VOW mission and on the way home i decided to slow my plane down a bit to prepare for landing when my wingmen overtook me. placed himself5 meters in front of my and put his flaps down and reduced throttle to 0. You can imagine the effect of this. I thought usually they only attack you from your 6. Anyway. When you attack an enemy plane and you get closer the AI automatically tries to keep some distance so it will not be shot but why can't friendly AI do that? Will this ever be fixed?

http://www.greenhearts.org/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/images/eagle.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 10:26 AM
I know it, you know it, everyone knows it your biggest enemy in FB is your AI wingman. Yesterday for example i flew a VOW mission and on the way home i decided to slow my plane down a bit to prepare for landing when my wingmen overtook me. placed himself5 meters in front of my and put his flaps down and reduced throttle to 0. You can imagine the effect of this. I thought usually they only attack you from your 6. Anyway. When you attack an enemy plane and you get closer the AI automatically tries to keep some distance so it will not be shot but why can't friendly AI do that? Will this ever be fixed?

http://www.greenhearts.org/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/images/eagle.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 03:55 PM
Yes, it's so sadly true...
They should call it AD (artificial dumb...), not AI.
Anyway, if you are the flight leader ad are preparing to land, give your mates the order to go home (options 9+3): they will brake the formation and will start the landing circuit, slowing their speed and flying at 500 meters.
Now you can do your landing without flies around... it always work for me.
What I hate the most is when I'm shot by my mates... I didn't find any way (if ever) to avoid it... well, unless you leave them your prey!

XyZspineZyX
08-04-2003, 04:08 AM
There the radio to tell your wingman to "return to base" and break apart. Then you'll be able to land without him on your side (or in front of you ;D)