PDA

View Full Version : Point of aim

stugumby
10-05-2007, 07:51 PM
heres a screen shot of a point of aim, figured if i goofed i should hold near edge as pulling up thru target, rather hit the bow than way over. Center mass of a long narrow target dosnt give any room for error, your opinions please. Oh and hows my water look?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/stugumby/drop2.jpg

Platypus_1.JaVA
10-06-2007, 02:35 AM
I'm no STUKA expert, but I'll give some of my comments. The stuka was meant to dive at an angle that is ALMOST vertical, something like 85 degrees. This way, the bomb will not land exactly where you pointed the center of your gunsight, but a little 'below' the center. You can easily see this effect if you use the dive-bomb-sight in the other Ju-87 and Ju-88 variant. In the screenshot, your STUKA appears to have someting like an 80 degree angle. So I think a bomb released at this moment will not hit the ship. I think the approach is right. Pulling the stick makes a sweep over the entire length of the ship, this will increase the chance of a bomb hit, without worrying too much about the deviation.

FoolTrottel
10-06-2007, 02:53 AM
Oh and hows my water look?
A bit wet... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

general_kalle
10-06-2007, 05:21 AM
unless you are diving more than 90 degrees the bomb will always hit in the crosshair or below it.

so its more safe to aim the cross hair at the other end of the ship than as it is.

HotelBushranger
10-06-2007, 06:19 AM
I'd say without a doubt aim at the smoke stacks, and you'll hit just below them, roughly the centre of the ship. At the moment you won't hit it.

Good luck!

han freak solo
10-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Water looks nice. By the time I get a rig that can display that water, BOBSOW will be out.

BTW, if you release that Stuka bomb as aimed, you'll miss. Perhaps releasing through a pullout works for you, but I'm no good at it. If you aim at a moving ship, you have to aim in front of it a little and you might hit it in the center.

I also learned from others here to get the gunsight on target without the rudder during the dive. Using the rudder to get your target sighted will sling the bomb to one side or the other.

VW-IceFire
10-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm going to agree with the other posters...my instinct is to aim slightly above where you are right now. Maybe even half a ships worth...that way you increase your chances of hitting the target as you can never be completely certain of a perfect 90 degree dive and you want some room for error. Its unlikely that you have a steeper than 90 degree angle (as you'd really have to push the plane over to do that) so assume you have a 85 or 80 degree and aim just a bit higher on the gunsight.

Choctaw111
10-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Yes, you do need to aim higher on the ship than you are in the sreenshot. You should also make sure that your rudder is trimmed and your "bubble" is centered so there is no side slip.