PDA

View Full Version : Track IR 4 pro saves noobie..

wehyam
12-21-2005, 01:06 PM
If you're like me, and can get lost circling an airstrip. Or, having overshot a flight of bombers (hitting none)and, desperately trying not to stall or pass out, have to circle round and around looking for it. Then the 2Kplus trudge with the boost on to get some height and catch them up again. Well this kit is for us. It's wonderful. I had an old version of TIR (GX) which quite frankly was OKish but frustratingly wasn't like this. This kit is how I like it, out of the box and working in 5.
And it does work! Wonderful.. So fellow noobies (where'd that come from?), if you've been holding off buying TIR till you've learnt to drive, well now's the time. I'm sure it's bad for technique, bad for your eyes and bad for the vestibular system, a bit bad for the wallet, but it is really good for the game. What shall I use the joystick hat key for now?

stathem
12-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by wehyam:
What shall I use the joystick hat key for now?

Use it to cycle your views; zoom, gunsight, wide etc.

Really helps to ID planes esp. w/o icons; and ground targets.

Much better than trying to find CTRL+F1

dbillo
12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by wehyam:
...So fellow noobies (where'd that come from)?
It comes from "newbie", which comes from "new", i.e. inexperienced.

VMF-214_HaVoK
12-21-2005, 03:39 PM
That does it Im getting this thing. Now I have to work some OT. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

vocatx
12-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey, Wehyam, as far as the hat switch goes, when I got IR up and running, I set up my switch as follows:
Up: Zoom view
Down: Wide view
Up Left: Zoom in (progressive)
Up Right: Zoom out (progressive)
Left: Toggle Drop Tanks
Right: Airbrakes

You can use it for what ever you want, but I find these controls to be the ones that caused me to reach for the keyboard the most, and now I can use the commands without taking my eyes off the monitor.

By the way, congrats on the IR. My wife (she's the greatest) bought TIR Pro 3 for my birthday a couple of months ago. Takes a little getting used to, but I love it now.

NekoReaperman
12-21-2005, 05:34 PM
I have a trackIR question, not really worth starting a new topic over...

I want to get a trackIR with 6dof, but the standard place for it (top of monitor) wont work for me, as my moniter is above my head (my eyeline is just above the lower edge of the screen, so i look up slightly when on the computer)

Will i be able to put the trackIR on top of the monitor, and have it pointing down at about a 30 degree angle, and still have it work?

tagTaken2
12-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by NekoReaperman:
as my moniter is above my head (my eyeline is just above the lower edge of the screen, so i look up slightly when on the computer)

Isn't this really bad for the neck and eyes? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Will i be able to put the trackIR on top of the monitor, and have it pointing down at about a 30 degree angle, and still have it work?

If you point the bill of your hat skyward- like USAAF groundcrew- it might work. Or sticking TIR on the centre of your monitor (may negate gain).

neural_dream
12-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by vocatx:
Left: Toggle Drop Tanks
You can use it for what ever you want, but I find these controls to be the ones that caused me to reach for the keyboard the most, and now I can use the commands without taking my eyes off the monitor.
Toggle Drop Tanks made you reach the keyboard a lot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif?

WWSensei
12-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Joystick hat should be utilized as a trim switch as God intended. ;-)

Prop_Strike
12-21-2005, 11:25 PM
NekoReaperman......

I have a TIR Pro3 with vector, and have it set up as you described....It works perfectly...just tilt your hat up a little as tagTaken2 said, and all's good :-)

GAU-8
12-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Necro,

if possible, use a stand BEHIND you, and click the setting to reverse your input on the track-ir. (youll probably have to have the cap backwards though... unless its ONLY track-ir, WITHOUT Vector. then the natural point hat has reflector on the front and back, and will do fine.)