PDA

View Full Version : Target pratcice

LostPigeon
01-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Imagine cruising along in your spit when you notice a horde of HE-11's heading your way.. "not on my watch" you yell into mic as you speed towards bombers. Sudenly it hits you. !!!!!!! The best way to kill these **** things is hhhmmmmmmm B n Z these unholy crates of death dont give them a shot at me.... OHHH wait a minute this is Cyber space ill just park here behind them at 2-300 meters and plink away..Now I realize many good pilots do not use this tactic.. beleive me you have all shot me down.. for those of you who do use this lame sit on the bombers six and fire away method.. WHAT are you thinking 1st of all. Seond I think (even though I have shot many of you down) the rear facing or tail gunners on bombers should deliver a little more damage.. In reality no one who wanted to live to see there next sorte would atemt this foolish stunt and if tried they should get punished for there atempt. I have been injured and killed many time from this attack method. wich is annoying having spent an hour to get my bomber up to 4000 meters
just to get wasted by some guy parking on my 6 for 20 second burst ( is that even considered a burst still) Never would survive in reality. I know is just a game but would be sweet to die from realistic engagements rather than park on 6 and pull the trigger till bomber falls.. I know the plane is taking damage from bomber fire but it doesnt matter much even when they are burning with no controls they just keep firing till they cant hold nose up any more.. ( I am guilty of this act also,but have learned that is not favorable to enjoyable flying online) any how I still love flying bombers regardless..

Siwarrior
01-02-2006, 09:51 PM
This is a game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
IF you dont want people to shoot you down like that it might help if you jumped in a fighter
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Dew-Claw
01-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Nothing makes a juicier target then a bomber without any fighter cover.

PBNA-Boosher
01-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Lostpigeion, I'm sorry, but technically it's your fault you got shot down. If you didn't take evasive maneuvers, if you didn't personally man that gunner's seat and blow your enemy out of the sky, then it's your fault you got hit. Technically, even if you did, it's still your fault. You don't have to just sit there. Watch the He-111 course in the Training part of IL2, they'll show you what I mean by evasive maneuvers.

LostPigeon
01-03-2006, 06:42 AM
of course I man gunner and shoot back I do not worry about getting shot down of course it is going to happen obviously you do not fly bombes much if you are on target the last thing you can do is start cranking the flight controls or who knows where bombload is going.. All I am saying is it is unrealistic for a plane to just park behind me and fire guns until empty and if they want to sit there taking shots from me they should take heavy damage so in future they might change there tactic. dont get me wrong I am not complaining about anything just wanting to make game more realistic.. Salute

Brain32
01-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Wait just a moment are you claiming that in this game you can take a Spit, park at HE-111 six and just shoot?
If you are then I must be coming from another realm, the damage is huge, if they survived you did not shoot them properly first and last time I was stupid enough to park my Spit behind a bomber I was killed in first burst, AI will kill you,your engine, cause oil splatter, damage wings, etc. LaGG3 is another story, any other plane will get hurt severely if stupid enough to park himself on any bombers six...

FunGus1968
01-03-2006, 07:35 AM
I love to fly the HE11 on and off-line. I've found that the AI gunners will damage (and sometimes kill) any enemy aircraft that lingers too closely. Ofcourse, I'll take evasive actions. I haven't been online for long so I normally fly alone but it would be great to be in a formation.

carguy_
01-03-2006, 10:37 AM
You aint going to bring a fighter down with a 7mm gun - at least in this game.

As for sitting on bombers` six.I normally do a 60deg dive and shoot.In a FW190 I can do what you say - I have a 50mm windshield armor.I sit behind`em and fire away.Normally bringing 3 bombers down before they manage to damage me enough to make me bail.

LStarosta
01-03-2006, 11:03 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying.jpg

russ.nl
01-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I do not find this a problem. I love flying the B-25. I've had sorties where I shot down 3 fighters by manning the guns my self and bomb one on the ground. And then trying to land your wounded bird again, that's fun.

LostPigeon
01-03-2006, 05:53 PM
You aint going to bring a fighter down with a 7mm gun - at least in this game.

As for sitting on bombers` six.I normally do a 60deg dive and shoot.In a FW190 I can do what you say - I have a 50mm windshield armor.I sit behind`em and fire away.Normally bringing 3 bombers down before they manage to damage me enough to make me bail.

Wait just a moment are you claiming that in this game you can take a Spit, park at HE-111 six and just shoot?
If you are then I must be coming from another realm, the damage is huge, if they survived you did not shoot them properly first and last time I was stupid enough to park my Spit behind a bomber I was killed in first burst, AI will kill you,your engine, cause oil splatter, damage wings, etc. LaGG3 is another story, any other plane will get hurt severely if stupid enough to park himself on any bombers six...

Exactly my point one you shouldnt park behind bomber because they will potentaily kill you 2 the boom and zoom 60* method is much funner to defend and harder to defend.. I have totally ruined enemy planes sitting behind me yet they keep coming.. I am just saying if it was severe enuff damage maybee they would change there minds on trying that tactic.. Probably not though..As is I enjoy shooting Idiots who sit directly behind me It is commical at times just not as realistic to me. I get shot down too by them of course that is just part of the game. My preferd method is a 2 hr climb to alt and sneek around map for bomb run. I Salute those who hunt me out and kill me. It would be sweet to see 4-8 Heinkels in formation then theguns would be really efective covering wingmen etc. Unfortunatly only 1-2 heinks in a server usually. one is me and the other is going dead at enemy from start at 500meters...

BfHeFwMe
01-03-2006, 10:50 PM
What's not realistic about a rear aspect attack? There's an 8th Air Force document floating around showing not only did most attacks occur from the rear but also the most effective damage came from there. It's easier to set up for attack, easier to get a firing solution, and has better odds of eliminating your opposition.

carguy_
01-04-2006, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by LostPigeon:

No,I mean only in a FW190.I aint like,making a kamikaze attack here.If they do get me I bail.But 50mm windshield is going to stop 12mm fire.

Besides,there is no other way than attack from behind if bombers are 5km from the target.

alert_1
01-04-2006, 03:27 AM
In Rl bombers flew in formation (boxes) and had close/high fighter cover to protect them.