PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal qith "Perfect" mode

zoomar
02-01-2005, 10:00 AM
I have a AMD64 with a Nvidea 6600GT card and when I set landscape to "perfect" I get the active sea with sunlight glints, shallow water, breakers, and object reflections, with an acceptable frame rate. It looks really cool. But I've read here you can only get "perfect" with a 6800 card. Is "Perfect" even better than what I'm getting or does my card not know its not supposed to do this? Can I overheat or hurt things running perfect?

zoomar
02-01-2005, 10:00 AM
I have a AMD64 with a Nvidea 6600GT card and when I set landscape to "perfect" I get the active sea with sunlight glints, shallow water, breakers, and object reflections, with an acceptable frame rate. It looks really cool. But I've read here you can only get "perfect" with a 6800 card. Is "Perfect" even better than what I'm getting or does my card not know its not supposed to do this? Can I overheat or hurt things running perfect?

Vortex_uk
02-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Go into the confi.ini in your IL-2FB+PF folder,and change to part where it say water=1 near the bottom,to either water=2 or water=3 (three being the best looking).

Agamemnon22
02-01-2005, 10:07 AM
At the time the 6800 was the only board of it's generation, thats why they wrote it. Your 6600 is essentially the same thing.

MaxMhz
02-01-2005, 11:05 AM
In the meantime "Perfect" mode evolved too...

- in IL-2Setup -

Select the right Video Card
Select OpenGL as video driver

- in Game -
Make sure Stencil bits is enabled.
Select Video Options, Custom setting, Max everything out setting landscape to "Perfect"

- exit game open conf.ini with notepad -

At the end of this file is a "[Render_OpenGL]" section. Below that you will find

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
Water= [0..3] 3 beeing the best (needs Render3 technology)
Sky= [0..2] No clouds (0) to normal (1) or detailed clouds (2)
Forest= [0..3] 0 No Trees, 1 Some Trees, 2 Dense Trees, 3 Dense and Different Types of Trees
Effects= [0..2] 0 Off 1 Some Effects 2 Effects with shadows
</pre>
So max those out too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Breeze147
02-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Oh, Jeez. Now I'm really scared. I can follow everything except the IL-2 setup bit. What and where is that? I don't believe I've ever been in there.

MaxMhz
02-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Start / Programs / UBI Soft Games / Il-2 Sturmovik

Setup http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Or

&lt;your il-2 game folder&gt;/il2setup.exe

Breeze147
02-01-2005, 06:13 PM
You know, I honestly never knew that. I've been flying all this time with the wrong card selected. Thank you very much.