PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Bomb Drop: Dumb Question

six_50s
02-12-2008, 08:22 PM
I can't believe I am having trouble with this, but I cannot get the bombs to release when flying a ground attack mission. What is the key for this, or does the user have to designate it?

Thanx, Six_50s

papotex
02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
you mean you wait until you are over the target to check if your bomb release mechanism is properly working?... man you should check all your systems while you are still on the runway at take off check visually if your ailerons and flaps are working, pull the bomb release trigger ..... oh wait a minute

SlickStick
02-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes, assign a key to Weapon #4 in Controls.

VW-IceFire
02-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Don't know what the default is because I remapped everything to my joystick. But its definitely mapped by default so have a look in the controls and just see what button it is.

Best to try these things out offline in the quick mission builder.

Rood-Zwart
02-13-2008, 06:03 AM
Deafault is alt+space, but i changed it to space because its easier

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Definitely ctrl+e!

willyvic
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
Definitely ctrl+e!

Hmmmmm....ctrl+e no go boom...go wheeeeeee!

WV.

Choctaw111
02-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by papotex:
you mean you wait until you are over the target to check if your bomb release mechanism is properly working?... man you should check all your systems while you are still on the runway at take off check visually if your ailerons and flaps are working, pull the bomb release trigger ..... oh wait a minute

Have you seen the "Don't Push the Button" movie? I think we have all seen something like that at one time or another...Oops