PDA

View Full Version : Sewers.

Barthe7ruth
05-28-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm Israel at the moment, with a lot of spare time, and I'm a total nerd. Don't judge me, man.

But anywho, I just spent a few days seeing the sights in Akko (Acre). There's not a huge lot left from the period in question, but there are these tunnels running from both the Templar and the Hospitaller fortresses (or what's left of them) to the port. They looked exactly like every dungeon or sewer I've ever seen in a game. Ever. I was half expecting to see a generic giant rat around every bend. So I just want it known (in case anyone in the know is watching) that sewer levels suck. Hard. Really; they're lame and overdone. Resist the urge!

Onimax
05-28-2007, 11:45 AM
? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Barthe7ruth
05-28-2007, 11:47 AM
I don't know what to say, pal. A bit rambling maybe, but it made sense to me...

Xaber8
05-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I haven't seen any pictures of Altair traversing the sewers but I wouldn't be surprised if you do in the game. Sewers can often provide a good secluded place to hide or travel in.

sladevi
05-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Naa I don't think they'd do that, it seems like it'd be boring to be running through a sewer system, no parkour type stuff, no crowds, just....boring

Anicrow
05-28-2007, 01:27 PM
I could see it being included as an option but not a nesessity(sp) I could see in heat of chase and struggling to get away from guards that I'd consider it as an option, although boring I"m sure it would prove affective.

Boromir323
05-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Dang that would be awsome if they had sewers. I love having a travel system thats away from the eyes and ears of the guards. And since the game is "historically acurate" there shouldnt be any giant rats either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

DeAdLy2323
05-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Remember though that the cd the game is on can only hold so much, if they include sewers it wouldnt even be that good and just take up more space on the disc

chewie1890
05-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm sure if sewers were to be included it wouldn't just be tacked on. I'm not really worried about them running out of disc space either. I don't think they'll put sewers in the game though, just doesn't seem like it would fit in the game.

trojanfoe
05-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Although the original poster mentions sewers from the fortresses to the port, I would have thought they would only be useful for Altair to use to gain access to those fortresses (if they are in the game) - medieval middle-eastern cities aren't well known for networks of sewers - heck we only got them in the UK once the Victorians built them didn't we? Well ones large enough for a man to traverse, anyway.

Devtek
06-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
Remember though that the cd the game is on can only hold so much, if they include sewers it wouldnt even be that good and just take up more space on the disc

I'm pretty sure all games come on some sort of DVD now, thats at least 4.7 gigabytes of data, bigger ones can hold 8+. Not trying to be an *** but call it a game "disc" at least ... that was a rant too wasn't it?

A.B.O.Y
06-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
On the blu ray discs for ps3 you can have up to 50gb of space so sewers are not a problem if they wanted to add them on the ps3 version

andy276
06-05-2007, 11:20 AM
And the PC can have more DVDs... the only problem would be 360.

ElKvass
06-05-2007, 05:23 PM
They could solve the space problem(if they even have one) on the 360 by either having two discs or that you would have to have an hdd and install the game also with two discs. I don't know, but the 360 might experience some problems in the near future if all the games are supposed to be on one disc. Oh well I guess they'll find a way. But let's not start discussing that because then this thread will be closed.

EDIT: Oh I forgot something. I have heard about downloadable content on this game so maby they'll add sewers as a downloadable content.

Tirinel
06-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Barthe7ruth:
I'm Israel at the moment, with a lot of spare time, and I'm a total nerd. Don't judge me, man.

won't do. But i personayll think that the sewer levels are quite good.....