PDA

View Full Version : how can i contact oleg to revolution 3d games with 6dof

raaaid
07-20-2006, 10:05 AM
the idea is simple show everithing at real size always

you get closer to the screen the angle of view increases to keep always an apparent real size

how can i tell oleg about this?

slipBall
07-20-2006, 10:09 AM
remember when they needed to get ahold of Batman. They would shine a search light, with a bat symbol in the center. Do the same,... only be sure to use a spitfire symbol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
i think someone will post his e-mail address

WWSensei
07-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by raaaid:

you get closer to the screen the angle of view increases to keep always an apparent real size

Oleg is already aware. BoB is supposed to contain full 6DOF support via trackIR.

raaaid
07-20-2006, 11:10 AM
yes but 6dof has an inherent mistake and is that as you close your head to the monitor objects appear bigger breaking the real size sensation

the revolution is to expand the angle of view as you close your head to the screen in order for objects to have an apparent real size at all distances

SithSpeeder
07-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I may be way off base, but when simulating a 3-D environment on a 2-D fixed size screen, you MUST break the "real size sensation" when moving closer or further from the screen. Otherwise, to maintain the size of a dial, for instance when you are close to it, then pull your head back away would mean that your Field-of-View would have to increase *by making your screen bigger* .

Unless I'm just not understanding your point....

* _54th_Speeder *

Jaws2002
07-20-2006, 11:30 AM
yes but 6dof has an inherent mistake and is that as you close your head to the monitor objects appear bigger breaking the real size sensation

the revolution is to expand the angle of view as you close your head to the screen in order for objects to have an apparent real size at all distances

This is how is in this game. Did you try Aces High or targetware?

There the zoom function is not linked with head movement, so you can move the POV closer of further from the gunsight without zooming in or out.
I always hated this aspect of Il-2. If you want gunsight view you have to zoom in also. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

I would like to be able to move my POV far back in the pit but not to zoom out so much, for deflection shooting.

SeaFireLIV
07-20-2006, 11:46 AM

This is more attention seeking isn`t it?

Cos, even you know that there`s a standard method of contacting Oleg, either by posting in Oleg`s Ready Room or emailing his standard PF address. You`ve been around long enough.

Taylortony
07-20-2006, 11:52 AM
There is another problem as well with it, apparently when you blink you momentarily lose sight of the image....................

WWMaxGunz
07-20-2006, 12:15 PM
It would be a good idea if the pixels didn't stay the same size.
As your eyes get closer the pixels also seem wider.

And then there is that problem with having two eyes. When very close to the screen, it takes
a lot of eyestrain (muscles) to stay focussed on any one part with the additional problem of
the rest being out of focus due to large relative distances when that close.

Raaaid, try doing a search on TV glasses and the High Def versions, Monitor glasses.
In time they will get cheaper. Combined with a head turn sensor --- well you get the idea?

I've seen TV with a set of I-glasses years ago (1999-2000) and it was a blast. Same as a
50" set 4 feet away. And no matter where I turned, I was still watching. No crick in the
neck from having to turn my head after sitting comfortably. I could lay face down on the
couch and still be watching. And then we hooked it up to the TV output of the PC... but
the resolution was not that good, like very old games.

Taylortony
07-20-2006, 12:18 PM
have a set of the olympus ones http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Feathered_IV
07-21-2006, 05:28 AM
Now there is an email correspondance I'd like to see. Oleglish vs Raaaidian. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

raaaid
07-21-2006, 05:30 AM
i like people thinking of me im good (good person intelligent skilled) if thats attention seeking im guilty

but i just want maddox to rule thats my intention, my idea is great, i learnt 1 month ago to edit my posts, i dont even know how to get myself a sig

you should support me becuase my idea is very good

knightflyte
07-21-2006, 08:18 AM
To impliment 6DOF in IL2/FB/PF all the cockpits would have to be recreated. This has been mentioned quite a few times before, and even commented on by Oleg a while back.

If you have MSFS04 you can toggle between the generic flat dashboard like cockpit and the 3D cockpit in almost every airplane.

To have a 3D pit for every plane in IL2 would be a monumental undertaking....especially in this late stage of the IL2 series.

I'd pay for an add on of Cockpits. Maybe a 3rd party could tackle something like this post SoW:BoB. I'm not holding my breath as it IS a lot of work for a relatively small return for whoever might consider doing this.

Old_Canuck
07-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Now there is an email correspondance I'd like to see. Oleglish vs Raaaidian. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

But isn't Raaaid actually Oleg posting under a pseudonym?