PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order but no Specifications, eh?

jkusters
09-24-2007, 06:08 PM
I believe it is rediculous that you can pre-order the PC version of Assassins Creed but with no idea what the specifications are. I know that some of you have speculated specifications but it isn't really much help. I thought my PC couldn't possibly run World in Conflict but my PC can run it decently, which I was pleasently suprised so I purchased it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. I want that pre-order pack, but I don't want to spend all that money to find my PC can't run it.

The specifications should be out when you can pre-order it.

drfeelgood8849
09-24-2007, 06:11 PM
thats why i like consols cuz i dont have to update my system avery six months and spend even more money.

avsrule247
09-24-2007, 06:14 PM
If you are 100% sure you are getting the game for the PC, then why would you care what the specs are? It is not like there are two different versions for the PC. There is only one. Either your PC can run it or it cannot.

BTOG46
09-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Just think for a moment, the game is coming out on the XBox, and that, is at heart, just a low spec Pc by modern gaming standards, if they just do a straight port to the Pc it'll run on most half decent systems.
If they upgrade the graphics options for the Pc version, it should still have the lower settings for less powerful computers, they're not likely to make the game only for quad cores and 8800 video cards, they'd miss too many customers that way.

jkusters
09-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by avsrule247:
If you are 100% sure you are getting the game for the PC, then why would you care what the specs are? It is not like there are two different versions for the PC. There is only one. Either your PC can run it or it cannot.

I care because I dont want to pay that much money for something that will just sit on my shelf. Maybe I should ask EB that if I pre-order the game can I take it back in the week it is released if I cannot run it.

DemonikCrow666
09-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by jkusters:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avsrule247:

I care because I dont want to pay that much money for something that will just sit on my shelf. Maybe I should ask EB that if I pre-order the game can I take it back in the week it is released if I cannot run it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Of course you can, in your receipt it specifies that you may return any game withing 30-Days of pruchase.

Assassin41
09-25-2007, 12:30 AM
if ur so worried you should just w8 and get the normal edition

Anicrow
09-25-2007, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
Just think for a moment, the game is coming out on the XBox, and that, is at heart, just a low spec Pc by modern gaming standards, if they just do a straight port to the Pc it'll run on most half decent systems.
If they upgrade the graphics options for the Pc version, it should still have the lower settings for less powerful computers, they're not likely to make the game only for quad cores and 8800 video cards, they'd miss too many customers that way.

Keep in mind, the 360 is designed entirely for gaming, your PC most likely is not (With a few exceptions)

I don't want to get too technical, cause I"ve been playing Halo 3 all night and I'm tired ^^

jkusters
09-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Bah this is the reply from EB,

Hi Jake,

Yes you can preorder Assassins Creed for PC at EB Games.

Assassins Creed PC is due for release early next year; the current RRP is $89.95.

Currently there is no preorder deal for the PC version, more details will be known closer to the release date next year.

Regards

Trent

Jibbed once again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

BTOG46
09-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Anicrow:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:

Keep in mind, the 360 is designed entirely for gaming, your PC most likely is not (With a few exceptions)

I don't want to get too technical, cause I"ve been playing Halo 3 all night and I'm tired ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Keep in mind that the designed for gaming is mainly in the one basic design that game devs have to make the game for, that makes it much easier to optimise the game.
Its design for gaming as you describe it is not related to its power compared to a Pc, the original XBox was a very puny beast as far as the hardware was concerned, even the 360 uses cpu technology that was abandoned by Apple as not good enough to compete with Intel.
Future developments of the XBox will no doubt bring it greater power in both processing and graphics, but at the same time, even entry level Pc's will be gaining in power too.

Jade_Samurai
09-25-2007, 08:01 PM
the truth of the matter is, that after a new console has been designed, there is a very long time between when its all the best stuff, and when its released.
So! that means that buy the time (for example the 360 and PS3) when they were released, PC's had already advanced beyond there power (for lots of money btw)
but my point is that the technology is already less then state of the art when it comes to PC's, sure they have some power not exploited by early games, but by the time the full power of the machine is used, PC's are so far in the future the consoles cant even see them anymore!