PDA

View Full Version : Bounced

Segwin
03-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Besides what may happen when you bounce a check (vendors take a dim view of this practice) what does bounced refer to in the sim, being attacked?

Never heard the term bounced before in a flight sim.

Deedsundone
03-27-2009, 06:50 AM
I think it is when youīre being attacked off guard,by surprice.

WholeHawg
03-27-2009, 07:53 AM
If someone flys passed your really fast and it causes your aircraft to turn into rubber. Then you are bounced because rubber is bouncy. right?

Ritter_Cuda
03-27-2009, 07:56 AM
usually being bounce is getting hit unaware from a a Superior position .I E you flying along scanning for Enemy and Boom your dead or just shot to hell and can't get away.

raaaid
03-27-2009, 08:50 AM
it doesnt have to be unaware

you bounce on the enemy like a yoyo using your superior energy

bassically when you bounce up your foe cant follow you for having less E

i find this tactic quite mean cause your foe hardly have chances

ROXunreal
03-27-2009, 09:15 AM
In other words, boom and zoomed?

DrHerb
03-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Bounced = Caught Unaware

raaaid
03-27-2009, 09:42 AM
well you can catch someone unaware by aproaching very slowly from dead low 6

and thats not bouncing

i think so it has many names to bounce to boom and zoom energy fight bnz

DrHerb
03-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Being bounced does not mean in a strictly BNZ form of fighting. Bounced is simply caught by suprise be it by low 6 or high 6 fast or slow attack, being bounced is being caught by suprise, simple as that.

danjama
03-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by DrHerb:
Being bounced does not mean in a strictly BNZ form of fighting. Bounced is simply caught by suprise be it by low 6 or high 6 fast or slow attack, being bounced is being caught by suprise, simple as that.

Yep.

How have you never hear the word "bounced"? Read some ww2 books.

DKoor
03-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Coming from non English background, I was introduced to word "bounce" thru reading WW2 airwar stories.
Later on I discovered another meaning of the word (regarding females) but that is not for this forumhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.
All in all... nice word!

raaaid
03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
oh i see improving my english here

then how do you call repeated hammerheads on your less energy foe?

megalopsuche
03-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by raaaid:
oh i see improving my english here

That's "energy fighting." But don't confuse that with the guys who have to extend *wayyyyy* far away before they come back for another pass; they don't have a clue what they're doing.

A good energy fighter does not extend more than 1000m-1400m away from his prey. He keeps his target under constant pressure in order not to let him recover his speed and SA. Done correctly, it shouldn't take more than a couple feints and then the quick killing shot.

tomtheyak
03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by raaaid:

I call it Excellent Combat Tactics!

That's boom n zoom old boy.

You could bounce someone in any a/c; I could attack a Fw190 out of the sun in a Gladiator - if my victim is unaware he was being stalked and attacked then then that first attack is the bounce. After that, if he's survived my attack, and you then play boom n zoom with him, well that's just called B-n-Zing.

raaaid
03-27-2009, 12:49 PM
just thought:

does it come from the pilot bouncing when he realizes hes being shoot at

Ba5tard5word
03-27-2009, 01:16 PM
When you shoot down an enemy plane, pat yourself on the back, then look up and see two p.o.'d enemy planes above you pointed straight at your head.