PDA

View Full Version : ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD DEV DIARY #1!

DiamondBlade_R
08-11-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...q4QckL74&feature=sub (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyQExWc9L38&playnext=1&videos=sxaq4QckL74&feature=sub)

I am the first to bring it to the forum! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

notafanboy
08-11-2010, 10:22 AM
thanks but i hope you can use the assassins stealthy
and look at 2:48 you can see 2 assassins

BiopulsePS3
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
"lots of ac2 characters will return, but not necessary the way you expect.".... ohhh

thekyle0
08-11-2010, 10:53 AM
So was Corey May not the one who wrote the script in Brotherhood? I noticed that the Yohalem guy was labeled "Scriptwriter" while Corey was "Scriptwriter Assassin's creed 1 & 2" as in excluding brotherhood. It just seems a little peculiar.

Seeing the brotherhood members drop down and start fighting those guards was pretty epic. The way they strike right when they hit the ground makes me hopeful that they will be just as aggressive as the new NPC's.

Xanatos2007
08-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
So was Corey May not the one who wrote the script in Brotherhood? I noticed that the Yohalem guy was labeled "Scriptwriter" while Corey was "Scriptwriter Assassin's creed 1 & 2" as in excluding brotherhood. It just seems a little peculiar.
I knew it... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

TheEpicWolf
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Seeing the single player gameplay was pretty sweet, can't wait for this :-D *splodes*

SupremeCaptain
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Where did those assassin's drop from? It's like they hanged dropped instead of leaping to fall.

I love Ezio's new outfit. Looks epic.

thekyle0
08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Where did those assassin's drop from? It's like they hanged dropped instead of leaping to fall.

There was a building right behind Ezio.

Xanatos2007
08-11-2010, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where did those assassin's drop from? It's like they hanged dropped instead of leaping to fall.

There was a building right behind Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The height of survivable jumps seems to be increasing as well throughout the series. I wouldn't be surprised if Desmond turned out to be Alex Mercer.

DiamondBlade_R
08-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
I knew it... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You knew what...?

SupremeCaptain
08-11-2010, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where did those assassin's drop from? It's like they hanged dropped instead of leaping to fall.

You don't get me. Take a look how the assassin's fell. They just dropped in a straight line, as opposed to falling forward due to taking a leap.

NuclearFuss
08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

The height of survivable jumps seems to be increasing as well throughout the series. I wouldn't be surprised if Desmond turned out to be Alex Mercer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. Why don't they throw superpowers in, that's the only unrealistic thing they haven't put in the games. Then again the PoE is close enough to superpowers for me.

Murcuseo
08-11-2010, 12:00 PM

The way they strike right when they hit the ground makes me hopeful that they will be just as aggressive as the new NPC's.

They would need to be as aggressive as the NPCs or they'd get their asses handed to them in fights. Especially if they end up fighting Papal Guards...

Hopefully the next installment won't focus on the MP to much. The whole 'Building the renaissance' idea needs to be talked about in more depth. I'm interested to see how far they're actually going to take it!

NuclearFuss
08-11-2010, 12:13 PM
I want to see the HUD. I'm curious as to how they've changed it. I assume they've changed it, to add the BAM stuff. Oh is there a date for Diary #2?

primerib69
08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
create the renaissance in Rome? sounds fun

Xanatos2007
08-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by DiamondBlade_R:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
You knew what...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That Corey May wasn't the one writing the AC:B story. I mentioned it before.

souNdwAve89
08-11-2010, 12:29 PM
The new footage of the single player is awesome, and I like the part where Ezio calls on his assassins. The jump height is kinda ridiculous since these are "normal" human beings. Altair and Ezio can jump off a high building and be okay because their genes is mixed with "Those Who Came Before".

BiopulsePS3
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DiamondBlade_R:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
You knew what...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That Corey May wasn't the one writing the AC:B story. I mentioned it before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i suspect that most of the ACB team is different form the AC 1&2 team, probably cause that team is already working on the 3

Oatkeeper
08-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
The new footage of the single player is awesome, and I like the part where Ezio calls on his assassins. The jump height is kinda ridiculous since these are "normal" human beings. Altair and Ezio can jump off a high building and be okay because their genes is mixed with "Those Who Came Before".
They never even implied once in the story that desmonds family was not entirely human.

and LOL at Xanatos calling the change in writing, I remember that.

PhiIs1618033
08-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
They never even implied once in the story that desmonds family was not entirely human.

and LOL at Xanatos calling the change in writing, I remember that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There's this text in one of the truth videos that says: "Behold the assassins, the children of two worlds!' (something like that) after you've picked out some paintings featuring relationships between gods and humans.

jimbo11235813
08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
and look at 2:48 you can see 2 assassins OMG, how did you spot those assassins? I only saw them because of your comment.
Anyway, I wanted to see more gameplay than that. Even with Assassins dropping down like that, it looked like the end of a memory sequence as it looked scripted. I'd like to see what will happen when (A) you do it yourself and (B) when there are no buildings nearby (maybe they'll have para-assassins).

itsamea-mario
08-11-2010, 01:35 PM
also subject 16 seems to be descended from adam, and as desmond and subject 16 share the same ancestors, desmond must be descended from TWCB.

EDIT: also it explains the eagle vision.

Oatkeeper
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:

and LOL at Xanatos calling the change in writing, I remember that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There's this text in one of the truth videos that says: "Behold the assassins, the children of two worlds!' (something like that) after you've picked out some paintings featuring relationships between gods and humans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still dont find that to be a solid enough to base the opinion that desmonds family is only half human, particularly since the said quote refers to the assassins as a whole, and most of the assassins show no sign of any superhuman traits.

PhiIs1618033
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
(quotestack)
Eagle Vision, of course!

Marius_Darkwolf
08-11-2010, 01:54 PM
LOL
I just want one of those awesome hoodies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

primerib69
08-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Have you guys noticed that Eagle Vision is kind of like thermal and night vision put together

itsamea-mario
08-11-2010, 02:09 PM
thats some advanced night vision that also detects peples affiliations and their stance towards you, i want me some eagle vision goggles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fairus60
08-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:

There's this text in one of the truth videos that says: "Behold the assassins, the children of two worlds!' (something like that) after you've picked out some paintings featuring relationships between gods and humans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still dont find that to be a solid enough to base the opinion that desmonds family is only half human, particularly since the said quote refers to the assassins as a whole, and most of the assassins show no sign of any superhuman traits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, when that glyph begins, subject 16 says "why do we have this gifts? Because its in our blood!!", possibly making a direct reference to eagle vision, and claiming 16 has a "gift" too, and that also kinda tells us that the gifts are due to their lineage when he says "its in our blood. And it seems Desmond and 16 are related, besides that it is throug 16 memories that we see the truth video (which means, 16 is descended from adam an eve), and its been claimed that adam and eve were inmune to the PoE due to them being the first offsprings of these "crossbreed". In conclusion, Desmond and 16 are descendants from adam and eve, confirmed by the beggining of ac2, the glyphs and the truth video. Adam and eve were the first humans to resist the pieces of eden, which is explainde through the idea that they are the first to descend from a human and TWCB cross.
Hope I made my point jeje

xChupa
08-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Lol at the beginning it sounds like Optimus Prime talking about the war between Autobots and Decepticons

magesupermaster
08-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Actully, the Eagle Vision was dormant inside Desmond.

It then "woke up" when the bleeding effect occurd when Desmond was in the animus.

Also, one of Desmond's parents must be a descended of TWCB.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

itsamea-mario
08-11-2010, 03:51 PM
i know it was dormant, probably due to diluted genes,

klklxd3
08-11-2010, 03:51 PM
guys i was wondering where can you pitch in ideas and you know that kinda of stuff?

magesupermaster
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
@itsamea-mario:

I wasn't saying you didn't, I was just pointing some information.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

@klklxd3:

You can search those topics with the "Find" button on the top left toolabar.

There are also lots of threads regarding ideas, so you can simply look at the name of a thread and most of the times know what it's about.

And welcome to the forums. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

klklxd3
08-11-2010, 04:00 PM
thx

magesupermaster
08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
You might want to start writing properly if you don't want some of the guys here bashing you.

austin128
08-11-2010, 04:15 PM
I was freaked out about that to.
What made you guess it before?

Murcuseo
08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by austin128:
What made you guess it before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to burst the bubble here but you do realise thekyle and Xana may be wrong. Just because it didn't say he was an AC:B scriptwriter in the video doesn't mean he isn't. It may have just been an introduction for people who didn't know who he was.

Like 'Corey May, Scriptwriter AC I & II and is currently working on AC:B' not 'Corey May, Scriptwriter AC I & II... but unfortunately not AC:B but we thought we'd give him a cameo in the Dev Diarys'

I think the former is more likely lol

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Oatkeeper
08-11-2010, 04:59 PM
What made you guess it before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe what he thought gave it away was that the beginning of the game fell into a niche that all secrete war stories fall into: A full scale invasion on a mansion etc. Something that is not just a tad overkill but not very secretive

I agree with Robson, He could be still working on brotherhood with the other guy, or at least watching over him.

krazystitch
08-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Just when i thought this game couldn't look anymore amazing..
Also, those are some of the awesome hoodies I have ever seen! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

iLikeBacon
08-11-2010, 05:34 PM
It wasn't really anything we don't already know, whas it? I suppose we'll learn a lot more in the next few diaries.

I do actually like this format. (the diaries)

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

phil.llllll
08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Jeffrey Yohalem was also a writer on AC2 with Corey May so they're probably working on ACB together as they did AC2. At any length I'm sure Corey May is still in charge of the story whether he wrote the script or not.

godsmack_darius
08-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

SPOILER!!

He is techniquelly human. the ones who came before were the "original" humans but then created us in there image while taking I believe 90% of our brain usage. they wanted slaves, so why make your slave smarter then you

EzioAssassin51
08-12-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm a bit disappointed, but it was still pretty cool. This one didn't show much, it was mostly an introduction, but i like the look of the Brotherhood Assassins and how they drop in and stuff!

But the next one will be about multiplayer! NO! We already know tons about multiplayer, i'm a bit sick of it now, but only because i want more SP. But maybe they'll reveal a new mode in the next one, so that will still be good i guess. Hopefully the third is more about new gameplay elements and such!

BiopulsePS3
08-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I'm a bit disappointed, but it was still pretty cool. This one didn't show much, it was mostly an introduction, but i like the look of the Brotherhood Assassins and how they drop in and stuff!

But the next one will be about multiplayer! NO! We already know tons about multiplayer, i'm a bit sick of it now, but only because i want more SP. But maybe they'll reveal a new mode in the next one, so that will still be good i guess. Hopefully the third is more about new gameplay elements and such!

yeah totally agree. although they seem to be pushing the multiplayer part a lot more than the single player, there's nothing wrong with that, but for me (and probably most of you) assassin's creed was always about the story and therefore the single player

itsamea-mario
08-12-2010, 01:49 AM
yeah, im only going to start playing the multiplayer after i complete the story, thats probably the number one reson i buy games for story, good gameplay helps too ofcourse.

villy23
08-12-2010, 02:38 AM
some people were talking about the bam move and how the assasins could drop really far but the building wasn't that tall and they are landing on the people as they assasinate them. must agree though looked good

kashtrey
08-12-2010, 02:41 AM
It only makes sense that they are focusing a lot on the multiplayer, I mean it is the big new feature. It's just there's been two games already if you like the story you're sold if you've had no interest in the single player up until this point it's unlikely you will be inspired now.

They're trying to expand the presence of the AC franchise and really playing up multiplayer to do that. It's just smart business. They'll talk about single player for sure it's their core experience but they will promote as a close second feature.

Victoroos
08-12-2010, 02:48 AM
hmm, what worries me, are the graphics, wich haven't increased compared to the dev diarys from ac2, I mean, look at 2:38, ezio's face is loaded, ")&*(?

austin128
08-12-2010, 02:56 AM
@victorjr
I don't know, to me it looks a lot better, just from the two short clips we were shown. But the Multiplayer looks exactly like AC2 to me.

austin128
08-12-2010, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Sorry to burst the bubble here but you do realise thekyle and Xana may be wrong. Just because it didn't say he was an AC:B scriptwriter in the video doesn't mean he isn't. It may have just been an introduction for people who didn't know who he was.

Like 'Corey May, Scriptwriter AC I & II and is currently working on AC:B' not 'Corey May, Scriptwriter AC I & II... but unfortunately not AC:B but we thought we'd give him a cameo in the Dev Diarys'

I think the former is more likely lol

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
Yeah you're probably right... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

EzioAssassin51
08-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by victorjr:
hmm, what worries me, are the graphics, wich haven't increased compared to the dev diarys from ac2, I mean, look at 2:38, ezio's face is loaded, ")&*(?

Geez, you people really think that the graphics shown in videos MORE THAN THREE MONTHS AWAY from the release date are the final copy don't you?

Stormpen
08-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by xChupa:
Lol at the beginning it sounds like Optimus Prime talking about the war between Autobots and Decepticons

I agree. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I like the thought of having my own little Assassin squad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif , but gameplaywise, is there much difference from hiring Mercenaries? Apart from the Assassin's being more powerful perhaps, and not having to pay for them.

Murcuseo
08-12-2010, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:

I like the thought of having my own little Assassin squad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif , but gameplaywise, is there much difference from hiring Mercenaries? Apart from the Assassin's being more powerful perhaps, and not having to pay for them.

Apart from the fact Mercs were flat footed numptys that couldn't climb there's also the use of smoke bombs, which you see in the Dev Diary. The four that don't drop down around Ezio each drop a smoke bomb just before they start to attack. No doubt they'll be able to use other tools depending on how you equip them. Plus you'll be able to use them at range which you certainly couldn't do with the Mercs.

Of course there are women in there too which should keep you happy, certain amount of equality there... although I can't imagine the female Assassins get paid as much as the Males http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Zing!

iLikeBacon
08-12-2010, 04:46 AM

Yeah, I agree.

I think they wanted to show off the MP seeing as it's the new big thing in the Creed games so they wanted to prove it would be as awesome as the SP.

But come on, Ubi! We want to see more Single Player stuff!

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

PhiIs1618033
08-12-2010, 05:22 AM
I totally agree with everyone asking for more SP.

Stormpen
08-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormpen:

Apart from the fact Mercs were flat footed numptys that couldn't climb there's also the use of smoke bombs, which you see in the Dev Diary. The four that don't drop down around Ezio each drop a smoke bomb just before they start to attack. No doubt they'll be able to use other tools depending on how you equip them. Plus you'll be able to use them at range which you certainly couldn't do with the Mercs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah. Well that sounds a lot more fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rumble_Strike
08-12-2010, 06:32 AM
I thought the gameplay graphics looked very good. I wasn't sure about Ezio's new outfit but it looks really nice in-game.

I think these Dev Diaries will be drip-feeding little bits of info. I'm actually surprised they started with an SP one rather than an MP one.

ClownAssassin12
08-12-2010, 09:35 AM
You know how the Assassins just fall straight down? Didn't they mention parachutes? Not in the video but somewhere else? Maybe when they close enought to the ground they stopped using the parachutes. If they were using them, anyway.

Mr_Shade
08-12-2010, 11:47 AM
I have a day off.. and someone sneaks info out.. LOL

Added thread to the sticky info and links thread http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NuclearFuss
08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I bet that the camera will automatically change angle when we ask for Assassin's, and they just materialise in mid air directly above their targets. Because they're cool like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

austin128
08-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
I bet that the camera will automatically change angle when we ask for Assassin's, and they just materialise in mid air directly above their targets. Because they're cool like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Assassins are known to be bad@$$es. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

souNdwAve89
08-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

SPOILER!!

He is techniquelly human. the ones who came before were the "original" humans but then created us in there image while taking I believe 90% of our brain usage. they wanted slaves, so why make your slave smarter then you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, the people who replied to my post need to reread it. I never said he wasn't human because he is. What I tried to say is that he isn't "full" human because he has some blood from Adam and Eve (theory), hence why Altair and other descendants are able to free run so well compared to others.

Those Who Came Before and humans could have interbred, which is why Desmond's ancestors had eagle vision, resistance to the Pieces of Eden, and Ezio opening the vault shows that Desmond's bloodline possibly came from from a family tree of hybrids (Who Who Came Before and humans). Also look at Adam and Eve, who managed to disobey their masters, it is possible that they too are hybrids because of their free running and immunity from one of the Piece of Eden.

Get it now? Don't see me as a jerk and thinking I'm trying to tell you I'm right and trying to shove it down your throats. I'm not. I'm just trying to give my theory.

X10J
08-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:

how do you know they are "normal" human beings

austin128
08-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by X10J:

how do you know they are "normal" human beings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because they are just random people that you help in some way in Rome, like saving them from guards. While I guess it's possible that they could have Assassin blood from one of the other ones at Masyaf, IMO most likely they won't.

X10J
08-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:

nice eye. there are actualy 4 in that shot, 2 left and 2 right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

austin128
08-14-2010, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:

nice eye. there are actualy 4 in that shot, 2 left and 2 right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice find. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

X10J
08-14-2010, 09:21 PM
thanks

notafanboy
08-15-2010, 04:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:

nice eye. there are actualy 4 in that shot, 2 left and 2 right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah i saw that right after i posted it here

samward
08-15-2010, 04:28 AM
I am so excited, and this video rocked...I cant wait for the next one. I only have one major concern really. I love that there is going to be a multi player aspect to this game, but with all hype I am concerned that the single player is going to be neglected. I know that the multi player is a big sell point and that is probably why they are pushing it so much...but it just makes me worried that the main game will suffer. There really has not been that much covered on the actual game other then the walk threw at E3 and this last video. I mean what if you never play the online bit, will you miss a big part of the story? I know there is something like 15 hours of single player game time, but I also know some key people dropped out of this project or were moved to other positions and with only so much man power and with just a year to complete the game I wonder how the story is going to stay as rich and the single player as elaborate. I guess I just feel like the game started out single player and while online is fun and all I don't want that to become such a big feature it compromises the originality of the game. I hope at some point Ubi can put these concerns to rest...

EzioAssassin51
08-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by samward:
I am so excited, and this video rocked...I cant wait for the next one. I only have one major concern really. I love that there is going to be a multi player aspect to this game, but with all hype I am concerned that the single player is going to be neglected. I know that the multi player is a big sell point and that is probably why they are pushing it so much...but it just makes me worried that the main game will suffer. There really has not been that much covered on the actual game other then the walk threw at E3 and this last video. I mean what if you never play the online bit, will you miss a big part of the story? I know there is something like 15 hours of single player game time, but I also know some key people dropped out of this project or were moved to other positions and with only so much man power and with just a year to complete the game I wonder how the story is going to stay as rich and the single player as elaborate. I guess I just feel like the game started out single player and while online is fun and all I don't want that to become such a big feature it compromises the originality of the game. I hope at some point Ubi can put these concerns to rest...

Well, if they grasp the history right, and mash some fiction in, as beautifully as they have done in the first 2 games, it should be a greatstory with awesome gameplay, from what we've heard!

samward
08-15-2010, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:

Well, if they grasp the history right, and mash some fiction in, as beautifully as they have done in the first 2 games, it should be a greatstory with awesome gameplay, from what we've heard! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I hope so

TheEpicWolf
08-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know when the 2nd Dev Diary will be out?

PhiIs1618033
08-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
Does anyone know when the 2nd Dev Diary will be out?
I don't know, but I guess it'll be during GamesCom or shortly after.

austin128
08-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by samward:
I guess I just feel like the game started out single player and while online is fun and all I don't want that to become such a big feature it compromises the originality of the game. I hope at some point Ubi can put these concerns to rest...
Exactly.
Who knows, if this is successful enough, they might be able to have a whole other full-sized team working on the multiplayer.

EzioAssassin51
08-17-2010, 12:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:
I guess I just feel like the game started out single player and while online is fun and all I don't want that to become such a big feature it compromises the originality of the game. I hope at some point Ubi can put these concerns to rest...
Exactly.
Who knows, if this is successful enough, they might be able to have a whole other full-sized team working on the multiplayer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they are going that for ACB!

Besides, they're showing off multiplayer to draw in new players and stuff!

austin128
08-17-2010, 02:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by austin128:
Exactly.
Who knows, if this is successful enough, they might be able to have a whole other full-sized team working on the multiplayer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they are going that for ACB!

Besides, they're showing off multiplayer to draw in new players and stuff! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They might, I'm not sure.

And they definitely are. But are the more casual crowd I think they're going after watching dev diaries online?

Nagol3000
11-06-2010, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

how do you know they are "normal" human beings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because they are just random people that you help in some way in Rome, like saving them from guards. While I guess it's possible that they could have Assassin blood from one of the other ones at Masyaf, IMO most likely they won't.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I personally think that things like Eagle Vision and Par-cour Madness have nothing to do with TOWCB.
Eagle Vision was just a way that you see who's who in the Animus. Altair didn't necessarily see like that, he just had an extremely high sense of who's who.
For Parcours- Madness, me and my friends do it in the school gym ALL THE TIME, it's not that hard once you get the hang of it (very easy to learn) and these guys are TRAINED IN THE ARTS OF PARCOURS AND KILLING.
As for Assassin's crazy entries from the sky...well yes they fell straight down but they might've leaped first and after jumping a certain distance, you fall straight down, for the most part.
Now for "The one who came before..." they are apart of something else entirely might have been the creators of this world but have nothing to do with Assassin's Blood. Remember 16 is related to Desmond (Otherwise how did Desmond have similar gene-memories) and 16 is also related to ADAM not TOWCB.