PDA

View Full Version : Leave the Animus after beating game *Spoiler*

brunerm6
12-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Why can't we do this!? I know we kill Lucy and all, but can you maybe patch this to where we can leave and it's kind of like we never got to that point? Backtrack slightly? I mean he is in an animus somehow to continue being Ezio, and I need to go get that TROPHY, not really wanting to start a new game. Anything possible for fixing this?

(I notice a lot of people are ignoring the reason for this, and it's for the trophy/achievement, not just because I feel like being Desmond)

realgangsta213
12-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Nope, if you left the animus you'd ruin the cliffhanger set for ac3. I never left the animus during my playthrough, now i regret it but after i've achieved what i want to achieve in the first playthrough i will start a second

MT4K
12-02-2010, 03:47 PM
You might want to add spoiler tags either to the topic title, or the post itself.

Ubisoft like everything to "make sense" in the world of their games, at least, so they like to say; Considering the way the game ends, it would not make "sense" and so the chances of them implementing the feature is pretty small.

I hope they will add the feature though. It would help those people who missed things in the 2012 sequences.

realgangsta213
12-02-2010, 03:48 PM
and besides ubisoft has to justify everything they do, how would they justify that?

Tired-Kid363
12-02-2010, 09:17 PM
It would be sweet if you could leave the animus and instead of being in Monterigionni, you were in a mysterious room that had some cryptic clues as to what would happen in the next game.

Redfeather1975
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Tired-Kid363:
It would be sweet if you could leave the animus and instead of being in Monterigionni, you were in a mysterious room that had some cryptic clues as to what would happen in the next game.

That would neat! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

SAVMATIC
12-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Leaving the animus after that does not go with the story...be glad we are at least able to continue playing in Rome after the story ends.

Shoptawman
12-02-2010, 10:25 PM

While I do love the idea, the problem would be that one of these hardcore fans will figure it out and tell all of us what happens next.

Randy 355
12-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Well, the Animus views genetic memory, so you'd think it would be able to relive the personal memories of the user, right?

They just need to make a Desmond memory sequence and BAM, you can leave the animus, and no harm is done to the story. It would be nice to replay the few key Desmond moments too.

SWJS
12-03-2010, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Croson-5:
Well, the Animus views genetic memory, so you'd think it would be able to relive the personal memories of the user, right?

They just need to make a Desmond memory sequence and BAM, you can leave the animus, and no harm is done to the story. It would be nice to replay the few key Desmond moments too. This. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

FrankieSatt
12-03-2010, 06:56 AM
First off, we have no idea WHO put Desmond back into the animus. I heard the voices of 2 guys talking about getting him back into the animus, and neither of them sounded like Seaun or Rebecca.

My opinion is that the templars have Desmond again and put him back into the animus. That means there is no way Desmond can leave the animus, as I'm sure the templars put safeguards against that until they get Desmond to where they want to go, which I'm sure we'll see in ACIII.

There is no need to leave the animus and it doesn't fit in the story line to do it.

DeSabellis
12-03-2010, 10:55 AM

I honestly think this would have been a much better ending.

Avl521
12-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
First off, we have no idea WHO put Desmond back into the animus. I heard the voices of 2 guys talking about getting him back into the animus, and neither of them sounded like Seaun or Rebecca.

My opinion is that the templars have Desmond again and put him back into the animus. That means there is no way Desmond can leave the animus, as I'm sure the templars put safeguards against that until they get Desmond to where they want to go, which I'm sure we'll see in ACIII.

There is no need to leave the animus and it doesn't fit in the story line to do it.

What I think (being VERY speculative and positive) is that the 2 voices were form William M. and Erudito.
I assume Lucy told them where they were since they were sure they had secured the apple.
Also remember only Desmod could hear and see Juno, so the explanation of the voices for me would be:
"He's going into shock, put him back in the animus" This is most likely to save Desmond.
"But the Animus is what did this to him in the first place" (sth along those lines.) the other guy thinks he did what he did because of the Bleeding Effect since none of them know about Juno.
I also think that if it had been Templars they wouldn't put Desmond in the Animus again to save him since he was going into shock, they'd leave him there to die since they would already have the Apple and wouldn't need him anymore.

DeSabellis
12-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Avl521:
I also think that if it had been Templars they wouldn't put Desmond in the Animus again to save him since he was going into shock, they'd leave him there to die since they would already have the Apple and wouldn't need him anymore.

Well- there is a safeguard to everything. They need Desmond's DNA to activate a lot of the things left behind. Probably one of the reasons the safeguards were put into place was to ensure Desmond's survival.

Yet there would be a problem to all of this that does work out in your favor: if the templars have Desmond again, how do they plan on keeping him captive? They would have to put him in a coma like Vidic mentioned in the first game. If he was allowed to leave the animus, he could easily kill everyone and escape. He is a full fledged assassin now. Unless they threaten to shoot him... which would put a very interesting spin on everything.

Sturnz0r
12-03-2010, 12:05 PM
as much as y'all hate guns, it would be cool to see the modern day assassin's rescue Desmond from Abstergo and then teach him modern day techniques when he is not hiding in the animus3.0 reliving the next ancestor's past in France or England in le Revolucion/Industrial Revolution ages

FrankieSatt
12-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:What I think (being VERY speculative and positive) is that the 2 voices were form William M. and Erudito.
I assume Lucy told them where they were since they were sure they had secured the apple.
Also remember only Desmod could hear and see Juno, so the explanation of the voices for me would be:
"He's going into shock, put him back in the animus" This is most likely to save Desmond.
"But the Animus is what did this to him in the first place" (sth along those lines.) the other guy thinks he did what he did because of the Bleeding Effect since none of them know about Juno.

You might be right about the voices, forgot about William M. and I'm hoping we find out about him in ACIII.

I don't think the Templars would kill Desmond, just because they have the apple doesn't mean that Desmond wouldn't have other memories of other ancestors that could be useful. Also, if you remember those e-mails one of them from Sean said something about another piece of Eden possibly being in Russia. Maybe Desmond has an acenstor that eventually goes to Russia to retrieve it?

I do know one thing, some one was following them either the Templars or William M. It has to be one of those who has Desmond.

As far as not being able to exit the animus, I wouldn't want to any more. There isn't anything left to do outside the animus really.

rdcravens
03-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Lets look at this from a different perspective...

Who ever said that Desmond was the one that was really in the Animus during the credits? I mean they never really said the name of who it was - just "him" and "he"...

Maybe we are the person who is reliving Desmonds life... Part of reliving that, is reliving his reliving of finding the apple - so we can find out where Desmond put it.

At least fun to think about if nothing else...

El_Sjietah
03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
1. You're in a coma. Makes getting out of the animus kind of tricky.

2. You can't relive your memories of getting out of the animus, because you never did. So you have no memories to relive.

crash3
03-26-2011, 05:07 PM
maybe a future ACB dlc will include the ability to read some new emails whilst still inside the animus so we arent out of the animus to spoil any of the story but we still have contact outside the animus just have an emails option on the animus start menu

chooChu
04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
I think it would make at least a little bit of sense if you were able to leave the Animus while replaying old memories. It would make even more sense to have a memory in the DNA folder that would allow you to relive the time outside the animus in Monteriggioni, and maybe the Colosseum maze from the end too. It's VERY annoying to have every achievement and 100% completion aside from the 2012 stuff.

Also, we would have the memory to relive just from the arrival there wouldn't we? Even if we didn't get out of the animus, or just got out and explored but forgot about artifacts and emails.

Bontycho
04-16-2011, 07:59 PM

I'd love that so much.

El_Sjietah
04-17-2011, 05:02 AM
People are ignoring my post.

/sadface