PDA

View Full Version : No weather effects with resolution fix

dave993399
06-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I am now in my fourth patrol, somewhere off the coast of Northern Ireland in a VIIB.

After my first patrol, I applied the resolution hack/fix/whatever as described in the community manual. My resolution is now a wonderful 1600x1200.

During my first patrol (no update), it rained heavily off the coast of Britain. I then updated my files, and have not seen as much a a cloud since then. The only variation in weather I have had is from wind 5 m/s to 0 m/s, which I believe made my seas quite a bit calmer. Recently, the fog has also moved to 'LIGHT,' though I really can't notice much of a difference.

Is is possible that the display driver mod might have screwed up the weather system? Has anyone else had non-changing flawless weather in Nov-Jan 39/40? The weather is allowing me to rack up a ton of kills, but if the weather is not going to ever change, that puts quite a damper on the immersion effect.

Jester_159th
06-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I had a similar thing happen after installing both 1.2 and 1.3 (the only mod I've got installed is one to improve the flags so I really doubt that that effected anything). I had clear weather for about four or five patrols after installing 1.3. But now the weather has returned to normal, sometimes even changing within the space of a few hours.

Pv-
06-16-2005, 06:26 PM
I have had no weather changes whatsoever after installing 1.2 and playing for weeks. I then totally uninstalled and dumpped all my saves and installed direct to 1.3 fresh. I'm on my 3rd day and no weather changes at all yet.

The fact you're getting ANY change at all (wind/fog) is a good sign.
-Pv-

GT182
06-16-2005, 06:39 PM
I believe the weather somewhat matches the "real" weather from that time or the weather as it happens now. Don't take my work for it tho. This is only after watching the game weather for certain months and seeing it's following actual weather patterns. As in June and the start of hurricane season from Africa to the Gulf of Mexico. The game hasn't really had any hurricanes per say but the weather has been the pits at times.... really bad as in heavy rain, heavy fog and high winds with high seas. If you haven't seen it yet hang in there because you will eventually. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

And this is with patch 1.3. I'm on a return from patroling Grid GR82 in Aug of 43 and it's the pits for weather. Was the same back in June of 43 on my last patrol to EC39. Very little calm seas to use the deck and flak guns.

CrossWire1969
06-18-2005, 02:42 AM
5 patrols and every one a duck pond, Im up to December.

FRANKKELLY
06-20-2005, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GT182:
I believe the weather somewhat matches the "real" weather from that time or the weather as it happens now.

I grew up living across a road from the North Atlantic for 10 years. Believe me there is no such thing as a 10 day storm.