PDA

View Full Version : On Autopilot, the B-25 rolls when it drops bombs

SkyChimp
07-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I was manning a gunner's position in a B-25. Of course, the B-26 autopilot was on. As it began bombing, it began rolling flinging bombs all over the place.

Anyone else notice this?

nakamura_kenji
07-16-2005, 04:27 PM
you think that funny betty like loop the loop ^_^ when ai fly

|CoB|_Spectre
07-16-2005, 04:39 PM
I had the same thing happen when playtesting a co-op I was building using the new Murmansk map, only it was a Heinkel He-111. I'd setup a formation of bombers to level bomb the docks and, even before I added defensive AAA, the lead Heinkel would roll to the left upon bomb release, tossing them wide to the right of the target area.

Fox_3
07-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Glad I'm not the only one getting this behaviour.

SkyChimp
07-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Mine isn't just banking, it's rolling all the way over, doing a complete 360.

|CoB|_Spectre
07-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Hmmm...maybe my Heinkel pilot is just nervous and your B-25 pilot is a wannabe fighter jock http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I haven't seen that degree of departure, but I'll do some checking and see if it's something peculiar to the Mitchell bomber or extends to others. For what it's worth, most of my efforts are in co-op mission building, so I don't know that's another variable to be considered if it's happening in other game modes.

Tater-SW-
07-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Tha A-20G does this as well. Yet another reason why the AI bombers cannot do a remotely realistic parafrag attack.

tater

CUJO_1970
07-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by SkyChimp:
I was manning a gunner's position in a B-25. Of course, the B-26 autopilot was on. As it began bombing, it began rolling flinging bombs all over the place.

Anyone else notice this?

Hmmm...I think I found the problem:

You were manning a gun position in the B-25 but turned on the B-26 auto pilot.

Next time I recommend turning on the B-25 auto-pilot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Enforcer572005
07-16-2005, 08:35 PM
could it have something to do with needing to use the "level autopilot"? its been a while, but i discovered that had to be used to some extent when doing the gunner thing. i cant remmeber the details.

I can spell beter than this, im jsut in a @#$%ing hurry.

Tooz_69GIAP
07-16-2005, 10:22 PM
This is a bug with all level bombers it seems when the AI is piloting. I sent in a bug report primarily dealing with the TB-3, but then I found the same problem in the other bombers, where the bomber will do insane maneuvres for no real reason.

I believe others have sent emails to 1C about it, so I assume they are looking at it.

MADP
07-18-2005, 12:01 PM
I've had the B-25 AI repeatly fly into terrain to avoid AAA. Also, the Betty AI just does barrel rolls to avoid fighters when I'm manning a gunner postion. If you chase a Betty in a fighter they just drone along straight-and-level and pop you at 600m with one shot from their tail gunner.