PDA

View Full Version : the deffinative way of playing with the germans

richjones1977
10-07-2010, 06:36 AM
please yes i know im playing with poss the best faction and i am pretty useless at ruse but can sombody just give me a quick fire answer of the best tactics using the germans,cheers

GunnersMate07
10-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Contrary to what many people in the console forums at least think, the Germans are not the best faction (that would be the US).

Basically, it doesn't really matter what faction you play. You want to focus on building counters to your opponents units. If your opponent is building tanks, build AT guns or Tank Destroyers. If he is spamming lots of infantry build light and medium tanks. If he is massing up AT guns, static AA, or defensive buildings, build lots of artillery. If he goes planes, get fighters of your own and maybe some ground based AA.

You always want multiple recon units scouting for your forces. And never build too many of one unit (unless its in direct response to something the other guy is doing... example : he builds 10 pershings, fine go ahead and build 20 AT guns and a few tank destroyers).

Also, always try to take over the map within the first few minutes. DO NOT tech up to prototype base or try building tigers immediately off the bat. Heavy Infantry are usually the best starting point for every faction. Use them to hold every major city in the middle of the map (only really need one per city and they will hold off a column of tanks if the enemy is dumb enough or not paying attention).

And I would say 90% of my games I win handily without building anything heavier then a light tank. I usually will build 2-3 light tanks right at the start of the match, and send each one individually to different corners of the map to try and pick off an undefended depot or two. Afterwards, everything I build will simply be to counter what the other guy is building.

You do not need to focus on building the biggest/baddest units. Focus on building the bigggest/baddest COUNTERS to your opponents units (rarely does that mean tigers/king tigers).

richjones1977
10-07-2010, 09:08 AM
thanks for that mate very helpful im sure ive played you in the last day or so? my live name is the playm8ker? i think you gave me a pounding to be fair.

Painthreshold
10-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Although i do agree that building counters is the way to go in response to the enemy, you should always make him the one that responds to your actions...

Don't over estimate your tanks and recon is a must for germany so u can utilise your longer range and not get ambushed, AA is key for Germany as Fighter Bombers can take out tanks easy peasie

GunnersMate07
10-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Painthreshold:
Although i do agree that building counters is the way to go in response to the enemy, you should always make him the one that responds to your actions...

I am not sure what you really mean here? It sounds great, and its the kind of motivational speak that gets middle managers off "always make the competition react to you".... but it doesnt really apply to this game very well.

This game is really just rock-paper-scissors.
Every game I am in is based on reacting to the other guy and building counters to what he is grabbing. No matter what, most counters can be used offensively so you still take map control. But to try and force units that do not most effectively counter the enemy out of a desire to not appear reactionary is kind of silly in this game.

I will completely change my starting build many times if the other guy does something I dont like. If I see an airstrip go up, I am very likely to cancel whatever I am building and put up an airstrip myself for fighters. If I see armor base early, I might cancel my own armor base and put up an AT base instead. Its very reactionary, but also very very effective.

Deton_van_Zan
10-08-2010, 01:03 AM
IM THE KING WHEN IT COMES TO USING GERMANY lol, i have not used another fraction in rank games other then germany, maybe here and there ill used the OP OP OP USA, but my answer the topic is, there no real way just play single and learn the game instead of gettin advice, you want something done do it yourself.

Axe99
10-08-2010, 04:52 AM
There's still value in learning from other's Deton, or we'd still all be living in caves wondering how to make fire http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. That said, as Deton says, nothing quite beats experience. Best way to learn, of course, is a balanced mix of learning from others and experience http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

And Rich, Gunnersmate is about as good as it gets for advice - highly recommend what he says.

Only other thing I'd say is sometimes it can be good to try and trick your opponent into thinking your building one thing and then going for another. Every extra AA unit he builds to counter your non-existent (but threatened) air offensive is one less ground unit your tanks, infantry and arty will have to deal with.

VVidar
10-08-2010, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Deton_van_Zan:
IM THE KING WHEN IT COMES TO USING GERMANY lol, i have not used another fraction in rank games other then germany, maybe here and there ill used the OP OP OP USA, but my answer the topic is, there no real way just play single and learn the game instead of gettin advice, you want something done do it yourself.

This does not really help the person asking advice on this forum.

There are various kinds of military minds when it comes to understanding, explaining and using principles of tactics and strategy.

1.) Some people cannot learn a principle by themselves and do not understand a principle even when it is explained to them. These people are of limited use in war at best, useless at worst.

2.) Some people cannot learn a principle by themselves, but can understand and make use of a principle when it is explained to them. These people are of limited use in war.

3.) Some people cannot learn a principle by themselves, but can understand and make use of a principle when it is explained to them and then even expand on it. These people are useful in war.

4.) Some people can learn a principle by themselves, make use of it and expand on it. These people are most useful in war.

So when you give advice, please be more specific for those minds that fall into category 1 to 3. Find it all out for yourself and do it all yourself type of advice does not really help them now is it?

Deton_van_Zan
10-08-2010, 12:42 PM
well, i never asked for advice and look where i got myself in the leaderboard. first page in both 1v1 and 2v2 championship. and thats from learning myself "trail and error". so the best advice i got for people is, you want something done do it yourself

Axe99
10-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Deton_van_Zan:
well, i never asked for advice and look where i got myself in the leaderboard. first page in both 1v1 and 2v2 championship. and thats from learning myself "trail and error". so the best advice i got for people is, you want something done do it yourself

Deffo, but remember the whole world isn't the same as you, and different things can help different people. What you posted here is better - along the lines of "Not sure if it'd work for you, but I just played the game and learned by trial and error, and I'm pretty good now" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Deton_van_Zan
10-08-2010, 06:41 PM
I think thing like forums leak BATTLE PLANS lol.
i notice the enemys are getting harder and its not im losing or anything i still lose here and there, its just i notice alot of people doing the same plans as most people and its vs all these different people but everyone copying everyone that beat them lol now its more like im beating them cause im better with the ps3 controller then they are lol. so PETITION to NOT LEAK MORE INFO ON THE GAMES LOL !!! and let the newbs stay newbs so we can slaughter them like newbs they are LOL

InfiniteStates
10-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I beat some guy the other day on Above The River, because I brought assault guns up to the middle bridge quickly. Then in response, he brought assault guns up too, but by that time I was bringing up tank destroyers.

After the game he sent me a rude message saying, I copied him (amongst other less repeatable things). I wrote back saying how did I copy him - my units were in place first. He said everyone copies him and I copied someone else. PMSL

Joppsta
10-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by BP_Charlie:
I beat some guy the other day on Above The River, because I brought assault guns up to the middle bridge quickly. Then in response, he brought assault guns up too, but by that time I was bringing up tank destroyers.

After the game he sent me a rude message saying, I copied him (amongst other less repeatable things). I wrote back saying how did I copy him - my units were in place first. He said everyone copies him and I copied someone else. PMSL It's an RTS game and he's moaning about people copying his strategy? Wow, just wow. I think i'll go and kill myself now..

Axe99
10-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Hang in there States/Joppsta - there's always folk like this. Have bumped into a few folk playing RUSE who clearly didn't come from the strategy side of gaming and have, shall we say, social skills more from the MW2 side of the tracks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Warforger
10-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Just focus on normal gameplay, infantry are great for ambushes and are good for killing AT, for AA, first try to get alot of ground based AA, the cheap on of course, then if you want to advance build fighters, since the ground based AA is better for defense against air raids, fighters are better for advancing or taking out aircraft.

RUSE is made so good that few units are useless (armored AA and paratroopers maybe being prime examples), so take advantage of it.

airborneguy
10-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Gunners mate pretty much summed it up. Always counter and use recon. RECON IS EVERTHING! If you have been playing this game for a while and cant make decent counters then their is something wrong.