PDA

View Full Version : Force feedback & Punch.FFE Any way of toning it down?

Feathered_IV
07-22-2007, 09:10 AM
The search function tells me there was once a way of reducing the sensation of a small child kicking a table leg (the stick) when you fly in bad weather. I've tried removing it altogether, but that just leaves a bit of a void. Reducing the systematic 'kicking' seems like a more effective option. Is there any way to do it?

Feathered_IV
07-22-2007, 09:10 AM
The search function tells me there was once a way of reducing the sensation of a small child kicking a table leg (the stick) when you fly in bad weather. I've tried removing it altogether, but that just leaves a bit of a void. Reducing the systematic 'kicking' seems like a more effective option. Is there any way to do it?

Taylortony
07-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Airwarfare did have a file to reduce the effects of FFB if memory serves me correctly..

I found it, u are lucky I never use Airwarfare these days as you can never find anything.... this was a fluke

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=53

Bearcat99
07-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Sure you can.... if you look in my sig and bookmark the two links at M4T... Files & Data... AW.C has merged with M4T as far as that info goes..

Feathered_IV
07-22-2007, 07:10 PM
"For these files to work as intended the Microsoft force feedback drives must be installed, they will not work correctly with windows drivers."

Are they referring to the installation disk? I have that installed, but these new .ffe's make no difference on my system.

STENKA_69.GIAP
07-23-2007, 04:37 AM
At work & not on my home system so..

Get into Il2 main directory
Search for punch.*

then move into that directory

List all files with the same file extension and you will find each individual il2 ff effect

rename the punch.* to punch.old
Choose another of the effects and copy to punch.*

Feathered_IV
07-23-2007, 05:37 AM
I tried that last night before posting. I made a copy of the machine gun .ffe and renamed it to punch so I could substitute it. Tak off was good, but as soon as you hit some turbulence it would almost shake itself to bits. Then get stuck in a loop and not ease off, even when you climbed into clear air.