PDA

View Full Version : Food for Thoughts - Question for the developers

Danvish
09-25-2009, 07:18 AM
First of all, let me open by saying that I'm not here to make a match between console and PC nor to start talk ill about Ubisoft. And please avoid doing so guys.

2nd of all, if you wish to ban me, Jambo, I guess I can't do anything about it, and since I've left this forums and only came back after I heard about the delay, and I don't care that much either.

With that said, I only have one question. Can Atmon or one of you moderators look me straight in the eyes (so to speak) and tell me that you didn't know the PC version will get delayed when I opened the topic about it after Patrice said the game will only come out to Xbox and PS3?

It's not the delay itself that makes me angry (maybe a bit, but I can see the logic behind it, even if I don't think it's a true one).
But after we specificly asked about it, you guys came and told us only last month that the game is still planned to be released on all platforms, and now, without a reason or even telling us why, you simply delay that?

I'm not a smart person, but I think it's a wrong way to treat costumers. Next time, be honest with us consumers. Hey, maybe if you were, you would still get my money.

P.S, to all you Console lovers, what do you think that will happen to you when somewhere in the future years a whole new combined PC-Console thing will come out (just like Cas suggested in the other topic) and Ubi will forget you as well for that community?

Food for thoughts.

Xanatos2007
09-25-2009, 07:23 AM
I still don't see a proper reason for delay either. Apparently there was a bug on the PC version; what console do you think they develop games on anyway? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Good to see you're still alive.

Firewaterearth
09-25-2009, 07:27 AM
I'll join in on the question.

Danvish
09-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Atmon, I respected you back then for stepping forward and answering my question about not delaying the PC version.

I'll be sure happy if you would do the same thing again but to explain why it got delayed.

Charlie_Romeo
09-25-2009, 07:36 AM
silence from the devs lol
i guess they are embarrased about the whole situation ????

KZarr
09-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Danvish:
With that said, I only have one question. Can Atmon or one of you moderators look me straight in the eyes (so to speak) and tell me that you didn't know the PC version will get delayed when I opened the topic about it after Patrice said the game will only come out to Xbox and PS3?
The mods don't have any or very little contact with the devs. And a months ago Atmon said:

Originally posted by Atmon:

Listen to the wise.

The game is still on schedule for a release on PC, PS3 and Xbox the same day.

Which means HE didn't knew it either.

Did one of the producers know it? Probably. The dev team? Maybe. But not the community manager or the mods here.

Danvish
09-25-2009, 10:08 AM
First of all,
If you would search a bit instead of just instantly reply, you would notice that the comment of Atmon was in a sujbect I've opened. Exactly the one I've mentioned. So your quote here was irrelavant.

2nd of all,
Since when are you an official spokeperson of Ubisoft?
How can you be sure Atmon knew nothing? Has he authourized you to speak in his name?
And look at his answer. It's not an answer of someone who speaks without confident that he knows what he's talking about.
And even if you're right, going back to the whole "treat consumers better", I do expect Ubisoft to give more info to the persons that connects them with the community. It's simply a joke if they decided to delay the game, while an official is saying clearly that they didn't. It's not a country diplomacy here, they SHOULD be honest with their consumers.

MrNussbaum
09-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
silence from the devs lol
i guess they are embarrased about the whole situation ????

I believe Atmon said prior to TGS that he would be away from the forums for a few days. If you notice in any other of the threads he has not responded to any questions since TGS started. I wouldn't read into getting no response on this topic as Ubisoft ignoring the complaints.

PlagueDoctor357
09-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Quit thinking so hard about it, honestly.

2 months before release.

This is a bigger game, GTA styled.

Obvious glitches.

Spend time on consoles to work out glitches as it's the bigger cash cow, less piracy.

Talk like Rorscach.

Account_Deleted
09-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I still don't see a proper reason for delay either. Apparently there was a bug on the PC version; what console do you think they develop games on anyway? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Good to see you're still alive.
I'm not trying to bash/dig it into to you anymore
but
did you hear about what the Devs of Batman: Arkeam Asylum did to counter pirated disc?

they added this code the notice if the disc itself has been copied or not, and once the pirate reaches a crutial part of the game, it has a bug which doesn't allow the pirate to play longer.
* well that's what i think it does*

Check the goodgame website * it's Australian, try ABC*

anyway,
maybe Ubisoft is trying to buy this thing of the Dev of batman to use it in AC2..

PlagueDoctor357
09-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Didn't AC1 have some sort of intentional bug like that also?

Realjambo
09-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Can Atmon or one of you moderators look me straight in the eyes (so to speak) and tell me that you didn't know the PC version will get delayed when I opened the topic about it after Patrice said the game will only come out to Xbox and PS3?

Danvish, I can look you in the eyes, so to speak, and say I did not know about the delay. Had I have known, I wouldn't have been able to tell you anyway.

The mods don't have any or very little contact with the devs.

KZarr - You don't know what level of contact Atmon or the Moderators have with the Dev Team, so please stop speculating.

Now, I shall lock this thread until there is further information to give you.