PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Zahaek
08-06-2005, 05:07 AM
Hey all, just a few quck questions. WIth the radio man, where is says gramophone, mine doesnt seem to work very well, he only plays the same song, which is pretty ****. Some sort of instrumental thing. Does anyone else have this as well? Is he supposed to play more than the one song?

Also, I asked this question in anotehr thread but I might as well ask it again. In silent hunter 2 there was an awesome sound mod released that was based on teh movie das boot. It was great - anyone else know what I am talking about? It was fantastic, the screams of alarm from the movie, the ambient noise, the commands being issued in german. Is there a similar thing for SH3?

Finally, how do I check which version of SH3 I am running?

Thanks

Zahael

lecek
08-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Your gramaphone will play any MP3 you have in the gramaphone directory.

Silent hunter states what version it is at the menu screen. (I think.) Keep an eye out during the starting of the game and at the menu. If it doesn't say anything at all, it could be because you have an old version. I wish I could point you exactly where to find it, but I don't want to type this message and start the simulator at the same time.

Zahaek
08-08-2005, 01:25 AM
Yep, I cant seem to findanything that says version. Does that mean its the original?

Thnks

The Avon Lady
08-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by lecek:
Your gramaphone will play any MP3 you have in the gramaphone directory.
There are techical glitches when playing many MP3s in SH3's gramophone.

I received a final reply from Ubi support on this issue a few days ago that stated that the developer recommend only playing OGG type files through the gramophone.

The Avon Lady
08-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Zahaek:
Yep, I cant seem to findanything that says version. Does that mean its the original?

Why not just download the latest 1.4b patch and be assured of being fully updated.

Search The Community Manual (http://www.beerymod.com/sh3.htm) for "update patches".

racks_please
08-08-2005, 06:10 AM
It should say 1.4 in the bottom right.

Iggins01
08-08-2005, 10:42 AM
it would also be nice if the gramaphone played the cd in my drive

Zahaek
08-09-2005, 04:49 AM
Hey thanks for the replies. In regards to installing the patch, I posted an earlier post in regards to my problem with the patch. I have the Euro DVD version, and for some reason when I try to apply the latest patch, it tells me that my missionengine.ddl is an unknown version. Its very frustrating, which is why I was asking a question about the version. Does anyone know abou tthis problem?

The gramaphone uses only ogg files? Please, very short sighted and frustrating, especially for those of us unable to convert them

This game is great, but if only they had polished those few things a little more

The Avon Lady
08-09-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Zahaek:
In regards to installing the patch, I posted an earlier post in regards to my problem with the patch. I have the Euro DVD version, and for some reason when I try to apply the latest patch, it tells me that my missionengine.ddl is an unknown version.
Never heard that one before. Are you 100% positive that you have the EMEA DVD and matching patch?

The gramaphone uses only ogg files? Please, very short sighted and frustrating, especially for those of us unable to convert them.
Download dBpowerAMP (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/) and convert them with ease!