PDA

View Full Version : No offense, but....

Joker4962
12-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Let me begin by saying that I love Pacific Fighters, and the wonderful job that Oleg and the team have put into this product, but (sorry, I know) I just can't see the 3.03 flight models of the American planes as realistic. I know that carrier take-offs require practice, but it doesn't seem right that every single attempt has met with disaster. I watched the tutorial mission several times and followed those instructions to the letter. I then began tweaking the airplane specs, such as reducing fuel quantity and weapons loadout. What am I missing? No offense is intended by this post, but I'm just wondering when patch 3.04 will be out to fix this.

Joker4962
12-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Let me begin by saying that I love Pacific Fighters, and the wonderful job that Oleg and the team have put into this product, but (sorry, I know) I just can't see the 3.03 flight models of the American planes as realistic. I know that carrier take-offs require practice, but it doesn't seem right that every single attempt has met with disaster. I watched the tutorial mission several times and followed those instructions to the letter. I then began tweaking the airplane specs, such as reducing fuel quantity and weapons loadout. What am I missing? No offense is intended by this post, but I'm just wondering when patch 3.04 will be out to fix this.

402Cdn.Valkyrie
12-30-2004, 12:32 PM
some of the problem is that normally the carrier would be moving when they took off, servers here have static carriers, so you lose just about 20-30 Mph to that.

Joker4962
12-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Sorry, I didn't mention in my original post, but I'm just talking about the single missions used for training where the carriers are moving. I haven't even attempted anything online yet. The 3.03 patch has pretty much eliminated carrier takeoffs in American planes, as far as I'm concerned. I'm left with Japanese planes or just quick missions. It's a little frustrating. I've thought about doing a reinstall and only patching to 3.02...any suggestions?

arjisme
12-30-2004, 12:46 PM
I haven't tried 3.03 yet (been on vacation). Are you saying that you cannot take off from carriers in any American plane? Based on the postings I've been seeing, it sounds like only the F6F is a problem. Is this a problem for the Corsair and the Wildcat too?

BuzzU
12-30-2004, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joker4962:
Sorry, I didn't mention in my original post, but I'm just talking about the single missions used for training where the carriers are moving. I haven't even attempted anything online yet. The 3.03 patch has pretty much eliminated carrier takeoffs in American planes, as far as I'm concerned. I'm left with Japanese planes or just quick missions. It's a little frustrating. I've thought about doing a reinstall and only patching to 3.02...any suggestions? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PM me your mail addy, and i'll send you some files that will let you take off in the training mission.