PDA

View Full Version : Major OT: Rant & letting you know.

Karl_Donitz_Jr
07-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi all. Well as I said major off topic.

I am basically fed up with life. Trust me when I say that is the VERY polite version. My Mum got a swear word every other word earlier when I was talking to her. I was red, white & blue in the face at the time. I really was.

I am really, REALLY sick and tired of the way people treat me, the way I am treated at work and the way total strangers can treat me. The net result of all this crap I have to deal with (I am told I have "broad sholders" but trust me, they are extreamly dangerously overloaded and prone to capsize and ANY moment!) is that I am on anti-depressents, various other medication and suicidal.

The anti-depressents are no longer having an effect BTW, which makes things worse.

All in all I am seriously f**ked up , basically caused by the way my "equals" treat me. I am terrified of meeting new people (In person) because I am afraid they will treat me bad, I can't get a date cos of the same reason and trust issues (I have beein single for 9 months and not had a date in 8 months cos I am scared) and only venture out of the house for shopping and work.

As a result of this ~ which has pretty much hit blowing pressure today, I kept it together but just ~ I have decided to say f**k you to England and give it the two fingers and emmigrate to New Zealand. My Brother is over there so I get one friend at least. yay.

Anyway, before you all delete this or anything I am off. Thanks for reading (even if you didn't) it just helped to say something. D.

klcarroll
07-28-2008, 10:29 AM
@Karl;

I'm really glad you posted!

One of the main reasons we are all here is to support each other! If your world has turned to worms, please rest assured that you can always come here to vent!

On a personal note, ...I can truly empathize! .......I have myself been faced with a whole series of "roadblocks" in my life lately; ...and I really understand what it is like to sit down at the end of the day and be forced to acknowledge the painful truth: .....The World sucks!

Any time you need to let off steam, ..feel free! .....Particularly since you seem to be voicing so many of my own thoughts!

klcarroll

Realjambo
07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Karl

It's good that despite what you are going through you feel you can share it here. I am sure there are many of us who, as klcarroll says above, can understand where you are right now.

I would encourage you to keep talking, and not bottle things up where they can fester and grow.

You mention Anti-Depressants - When is the course due to end if you don't mind me asking? If it's not for a while yet, and you say they aren't working perhaps you could speak to your Doctor sooner rather than waiting for the prescription to end? I'm not for a minute suggesting that all life's problems can easily be solved with a handy little compact tablet, neither am I saying 'Oh come on, just up your medication and you'll be fine' but it's just a thought.

Keep talking, that's the main thing - you have a whole community here that will listen http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Maverick_U2007
07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Well mate you have done something right today....you have found somewhere to let it all out, if you choose to do it on this forum, so be it...nobody here will object and YES life does suck.

As for the way you feel...I am a lot older than you I believe and in the past 2 years I have been where you are now....tablets, depression, suicidal, thinking that everyone is at you...it just goes on and on.

I was told right from the start that there is one thing about depression....it can be cured.

So, get up in the morning and ring the Dr's and get that appointment and tell him how you feel, the tablets aren't working etc and tell him that you need some professional counselling. If you are having 'suicidal' thoughts he should refer you to see someone...sooner rather than later.

Go and see these people and believe you me, the opportuinty to get your 'thoughts' out in the open to someone who is detached from your life will assist you in getting back on the right path.

Don't feel embarrassed about it...I'll tell you now that are a lot of people who go through what you are experiencing, probably someone you even know.

Good luck mate.....and by the way you have a LOT of mates here.

Maverick

Realjambo
07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Well said, Maverick http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Karl - You are welcome here any time. I look forward to seeing your posts and involvement with the community here long into the future http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Kielhauler1961
07-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Karl,

I read your post and have the greatest empathy with you. My life took a downward turn in 2003 when I was diagnosed with stress-related depression and in 2005 suffered a heart-attack at the ripe old age of 44! I lost my job as a result and the missus soon folowed out the door. I couldn't have felt any lower and contemplated suicide. I'm glad I didn't...

Just over a year ago I met a very special lady who has turned my life around and helped me find my self confidence and given me a reason for going on.

Trust me, in the darkest hours of an unhappy life all sorts of wild thoughts go through one's mind. Please don't do anything rash. Talk to your brother if he is your closest source of comfort - mine was when I was low.

One day the clouds will part and the sun will shine into your life again, give it time.

Best of luck and stay in touch with us, huh?

Maverick_U2007
07-28-2008, 01:14 PM
See what I mean Karl...you are not alone, now you know Keilhauler and myself who have had the same problems as yourself...hang in there buddy!!!

Maverick

K_Freddie
07-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Hang in there KDjnr.. A change of scenery always helps, but you'll find that getting your mind-set right goes a lot further. It'll be hard at first, but put yourself above that which is pushing you down.

It sounds light you've been driven into this situation by circumstances surrounding you.
Getting away and seeing the world in a different light will help a lot.

Good luck
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Celeon999
07-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Keep your head up KDJr http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Sometimes the downs in life are a little longer than one might feel he can endure.

You should not isolate yourself by fearing that people you meet may not be nice.

Because, when you hide...you can be sure that you definitely wont meet nice people either right ?

Karl_Donitz_Jr
07-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You know, I was scared of reading your replies to my mmm ramblings shall we say.

@ RealJambo & Maverick_U2007
I am on the list for counselling. I was put on that before the tablets but after I was put on the list things went downhill fast. I am still waiting and have chased it several times but am told everytime "You will be contacted when it is your turn".

As to trying to fix things, I am looking for a new job, but in the current economic climate and with my level of debts to pay I need to earn a certain ammount. Not saying that stacking shelves at Tesco is out, but it would be a last resort job! My real problem is a combination of having highly specalised training (I am trained as a Hydrographic Surveyor & Oceanographer.), working in a highly specalised job (I am a Dimensional Surveyor) and having a job and traning in distinctly different areas!

Good old Catch '22. I can't retrain because if monatary requirements either!

klcarroll
07-28-2008, 03:32 PM
@Karl;

At the age of 55, I have been through rather similar dilemmas twice in my life.

There is little to compare to that hopeless feeling that occurs when your specialized talents and assets turn into seemingly "un-saleable" excess baggage.

On both occasions, I made major career jumps. It seemed impossible, but I managed it.

You have to believe that your skills are wanted somewhere. Concentrate on the idea that "The World is your Oyster"!! Do not be afraid to make a major change in location!

More often than not, those radical changes in location will lead to the greatest adventures of your life!

There are Technical Positions available from the Amazon basin to the Antarctic research bases. (The Antarctic bases are always looking for capable technical support staff!)

Don't think about what it will take to get by; .....Think BIG!!! Your current problems could turn out to be the door that leads to some of the greatest moments of your life!

As that old Latin Horace once said; "Carpe diem!" (I think that translates to "seize the fish", ....but I'm not sure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif )

klcarroll

Realjambo
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I am on the list for counselling. I was put on that before the tablets but after I was put on the list things went downhill fast. I am still waiting and have chased it several times but am told everytime "You will be contacted when it is your turn".

'When it's your turn' isn't good enough my friend. If you feel comfortable to, PM me who it is you have to telephone, and I will put a call into them. I don't doubt that you have tried and good on you for doing that. In my line of work, well let's just say I daily have to challenge that 'No' answer.

There are ways and methods of overcoming objections and brick walls that some people, by virtue of their jobs are more tuned into.

It's easy for a 'Gate Keeper' or 'Diary Holder' to fob people off as they are safe in the knowledge that they won't be challenged, but it strikes me that through no fault of your own you are not getting the support that might help you. Perhaps - and I make no promises understand - perhaps we can find the 'Organ Grinder' and not the 'Monkey' for you so you can at least get pointed in a good direction on that front.

@ klcarroll - Seize the fish? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif *RJ adds 'Latin Dictionary' to the Christmas Moderators Shopping List*

tuddley3
07-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Karl, as said above, a change of scenery could be refreshing. Also something that goes along with that, is that you will be around folks that don't know you, and this is something positive. Being in a new environment with new neighbors, you can be anything you want to be, and anybody you want to be. 1st impressions to strangers is really important, and if you conduct yourself in a positive manner with your head held high, people will notice.

As I was going through school, I was a loner, and kind of nerdy looking. Then after graduation and getting out in the real world, things changed, and so did the people around me. I noticed that others appreciate kind and generous people(And what I mean by generous, I'm not talking about money, I mean with your time and being helpful).

This community is kind of like what I'm talking about, you notice how most are willing to help and lend an ear. Also, OT threads such as these have always been welcome, such as our good friends Doug and Terry.

I consider everyone here a friend, and that includes you whether you like it or not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif As RJ said, you can PM me also for any reason at all. When you talk to me, you don't have to be ashamed of nothing, I'm here to help(my job as a moderator doesn't just mean I ban people). If you have MSN, we could exchange MSN ID's and chat if you like if I'm online(I even have a headset so you can talk to me verbally if you want). Don't post your ID here, PM me.

Life may suck at times, but it's not worth throwing in the towel over.

Celeon999
07-29-2008, 04:35 AM
KDJr

My brother was also suffering from depressions a few years back. A lot of things happening in his private life and long unemployment brought him to a point on which he also had to take anti-depressents and counceling sessions.

But today he completely recovered and does not the pills and help anymore. You see, things are not as hopeless as they seem to you when your feeling down. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mittelwaechter
07-29-2008, 04:38 AM
Hi Karl,

don't stay at home - try to get in contact with other people. Some may be stupid and treat you bad. Ignore them.
But some may be kind and funny and helpful - as you can see here on the board. These people are somewhere out there. Go find them! Or at least give them a chance to find you!

Go swimming!
Good for health, many people around, you don't have to interact but you may catch and give a smile, you are amongst people and you may do some smalltalk.

Join a local computer club!
You have a computer and you don't hesitate to use it for communication. Great! Now find some other guys with similar interests. There are allways some themes to discuss. You may feel better in their community. Go for 'offline' meetings and find new friends.

Learn cooking in a cookery course!
Male cooks are quite rare amongst the cookery pupils. The 'girls' allways treat you as someone special and tend to 'mother' you. The hole thing is fun and very creative. You'll get some positive feedback and have a good feeling. And the redhead maybe wants to date you for a cup of coffee...

Got the idea?

Keep your head up and stand the burden. Walking through a valley ends with climbing a mountain again. But you'll have to walk!
Stay in motion and face your fears. Get in contact with other people in real life and sort the stupid from the great.

http://www.earthworks-jobs.com/oceanogr.htm

switchman72
07-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Hey there Karl, Im 36,and like a lot of people
here have experience quite of few of the curveballs life is trowing at you right now. Let me without taking attention away from what your going through elaborate just aliitle so you get an understanding, and can relate i hope?

I was in my first instatution at 14 yrs old. because of the violence my mother's boyfriend was inflicting on my brother and me. I in turn was inflicting that same physical abuse on my brother because i didnt know how to have a positive outlet. So my mother put me there to protecet my brother and myself.

It was a mistake but i dont blame her, she was doing the best she knew how. Anyway it started me on a long road of anger, dpression, and resintment toward aLOT of people.

at 16, i began to get in to lots of drugs heavily, and i missed more than 70 days of highschool my freshman year, i then went to rehab and got cleaned up. Thank god!

at 19 i joined the Marine Corps and i thought it would help me to overcome some of my anger and discipline problems, depression and suicidal thoughts! it really did help out, i found my wife and things were on the up and up. but once i got out in 2000, some of my old tendancies returned.

I couldnt find my place, just like what your going through right NOW! And then in 2001 the darkest day of my life i hit rock bottom, i had been in and out of jobs, my finances were a wreck, i owed more than 35,000 dollars in credit card debt alone. and that night i came home after work i had been drinking and i got in a huge physical fight with the one person who had stood beside me through everything. It was a brawl and i finally pulled a gun on my wife and almost pulled the trigger! Needless to say i went to jail, but the most amazing thing happened, she didnt quit on ME, she stilled loved me and wanted to work it out! Well after alot of therapy and alot of praying, i finally found my place i work for the railroad i have 3
wonderful children, i've been married more than 12yrs now and i wouldnt be the man i am today without the most wonderful woman in the world!!!

Karl, my point is this. Every single person in this forum has or is going through something similar to whats happening to you. But something i learned is and it doesnt matter if your religous or not, for every trajedy or crappy event that happens in your life, one way or another an amazing blessing comes out of it somehow.

I know in my heart that your going to get through this and one day your going to look back and see that this helped shape you into the person that'll you'll become! I'll be praying for you god bless and Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful.)

Goose_Green
07-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Keep your head up Karl, even though it may sound easier said than done. There are plenty of fellows here that can be of some support in one shape or form!! This is after all a great community of fellows!

Letting off steam does work and it takes a lot of bottle to vent out here!

Kielhauler1961
07-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Goose_Green:
Letting off steam does work and it takes a lot of bottle to vent out here!

Normally only takes me one or two bottles.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

klcarroll
07-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Normally only takes me one or two bottles..

Well, ....being of Irish ancestry, ......my "bottle count" is entirely dependent on just what is in the bottles! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But regardless; .....I will take this opportunity to raise a glass to our friend Karl, ....and to his good fortune in the future! (I hope others will join me!)

klcarroll

Kielhauler1961
07-29-2008, 08:24 AM
But regardless; .....I will take this opportunity to raise a glass to our friend Karl, ....and to his good fortune in the future! (I hope others will join me!)

I'll second that!
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/kielhauler/IMG_0299.jpg

M0ttie
07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
KDJr,
All the above is good advice, suffice to say I've been there.
Go see the doc again, you will get sorted and there is light at the end of the tunnel no matter you cant see it just now.
Rant on bro, rant on........... they tell me I do now and again but there's no act of paliament (?) against that.......
Were here for you mate..........

Realjambo
07-29-2008, 02:23 PM
paliament

Parliament, Mottie! So close, so close!

I'm only joshing with ya! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

AtlantikEel
07-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Karl
I can't add anything to the advice that has already been given here, just my best wishes for you.
Take to heart the good advice already given, stay in touch, and rant away as needed. Know that you have friends who care, even if you haven't met them in person.

PhantomKira
07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Nothing to add, just more wishes of good fortune soon to come. We'll be here if you need us.

M0ttie
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
RJ!..........
I know your only joshing dude.........
Just dont do it again OK.........

Never did cliam I could spll, I mean spell.
Ever,
Honist........

Kielhauler1961
07-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Brings to mind that scene from an episode of "Blackadder Goes Forth" when Edmund reminds Baldrick that he once managed to write "Christmas" without using any of the right letters or in the correct order. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

M0ttie
07-31-2008, 01:18 PM
All the Blackadder series cracked me up, especially the WW1 version.
I distinctly remember the episode with 'Bob' in it.........
(Spell check - AIO)

Kielhauler1961
07-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Ahh, 'Bob'. Yes. 'His' name is Gabrielle Glaister.http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/kielhauler/250px-Blackadder_4_bob1.jpg
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Wolfehunter
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Karl you have to stand up for yourself dude. Sometime it take hard verbal negociations to send a message and other times it takes a fist or two to send a message.

Why do you let people stomp all over you? I wouldn't tolerated that happing to me? If I didn't shut him up with words a good pounding helps.

I'm not saying you should go looking for fights... No but if all else fails then give it to them.

Also you shouldn't be socializing with nutcases just people who respect you. Thats all Karl.

You don't need meds to get better. You need some iron balls to do that work. Just believe in yourself.

I don't bother people, I mind my own business. Last thing I look is for a fight. But pain is free hehehe. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Live only sucks if you make it suck! You have the power to decide your fate. Good or bad. Right or wrong. No one but you controls that.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Karl_Donitz_Jr
07-31-2008, 02:48 PM
mmm Bob http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif hehe Wouldn't mind having her erm him on my submarine.

Nice solid name that. Bob.

Titan AE:
You have to name the planet. You made it.
I don't want to.
It's tradition you have to.
ok. I'll call it Planet Bob.
You can't call it that!!
Yes I can.

Cracks me up every time!

Wolfehunter, I know that I shouldn't let it happen to me, but I have tried words and it dosn't work and when I was at college I almost killed somebody who pushed me too far. I swore then that I would never let it happen again. As a result I will only use physical force as a measure of last resort in self defence.

That just leaves me with words and they do not work, which is a great pity. I have been told recently that it is probably because I am a "Higher Social Class" than them. Personally I think that smacks of snobbery but that is me.

I have an appointment with my quack tomorrow so hopefully she can do something about my week long headake and near constant dizzy spells (when I am standing) and near fainting periods. We shall see. I will also get her to kick the shrink for me.

Regards, Karl.

PhantomKira
07-31-2008, 03:58 PM
I have been told recently that it is probably because I am a "Higher Social Class" than them. Personally I think that smacks of snobbery but that is me.

Hey Karl, instead of looking at it as snobbery, look at it as simply that they use unsavory tactics that you find yourself unable to use in retaliation. What I'm getting at is that while "snobbery" may be the first word to come to mind, find another word that you are happy using and use that to describe it instead. The behavior isn't likely to change of no accord, so if you're uncomfortable calling it one thing, call it another.

And just so you know, I, too, have trouble standing up for myself. Give you an example, maybe it'll help.

I live in a resort area, and tourists are the business, therefore summer is the busy season. On July 6th, this year, right at the height of the season, I was told (paraphrase, but close) "You're our most valuable employee. How about today be your last day, and we'll see you August 15th if you're still interested.". Not a question, a statement. As in, "thanks for the good service, don't let the door hit you in the tail on your way out."

For some reason I've decided to go back. They, having finally realized that, gee they don't have enough people to run the place (I could have told them that!), want me back.

I accepted, although I shouldn't have. What I should have said was "go away", but, oh well.

Maybe it's the vindication of the fact that I DO actually know what's going on despite the fact that those running the place don't. Dunno.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. I hope the visit helps.

Maverick_U2007
07-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Wolfehunter:
Karl you have to stand up for yourself dude. Sometime it take hard verbal negociations to send a message and other times it takes a fist or two to send a message.

Why do you let people stomp all over you? I wouldn't tolerated that happing to me? If I didn't shut him up with words a good pounding helps.

I'm not saying you should go looking for fights... No but if all else fails then give it to them.

Also you shouldn't be socializing with nutcases just people who respect you. Thats all Karl.

You don't need meds to get better. You need some iron balls to do that work. Just believe in yourself.

I don't bother people, I mind my own business. Last thing I look is for a fight. But pain is free hehehe. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Live only sucks if you make it suck! You have the power to decide your fate. Good or bad. Right or wrong. No one but you controls that.

Just about everything you have written is BILGE...and not a single sentence is in anyway helpful.

1. Hitting People solves nothing.
2. Looking for any sort of fight to solve a problem is childish.
3. You have no idea whether meds will/will not help him.
4. Sometimes people are not in control of their 'fate' and need the help of others.
5 I hope you are never in the position that he is at the moment...don't ever believe that it will never happen to you...I thought that and it nearly finished me off....AND...everyone said..'No that can't be happening to him!!!'

So to sum up....if you have nothing constructive to say, because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, why not go and join a boxing club to work off your obvious aggressive tendancies.

Maverick

DarkOmen13
07-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi,

Ok i'll put my contribution in, seeing as i probably understand more than most.
I've been where you are and worse.

My problems started before i can even remember.
A close member of my faimily who happens to be very good a psychology spend most of my early life screwing me up mentally on purpose, imagine how much defence a small kid has to that.
I have also been let down almost constantly be people all my life, maybe i just met the wrong ones?.........

I am also good at psychology and have spent most of my life sorting my head out with very little help.
I'm really getting there now, still a few bits to work on.
I don't have the dreams anymore, i don't shake in rooms full of strangers and all sorts of other cool stuff.
I've only just really started being social with other people with other people.
I have had one relationship in my life that lasted about 3 months. Not bad for 33yrs.

I don't have to come on here and say this i don't know you or anyone else on here personally or owe them anything, but i do treat people the way i'd like to be treated and always have no matter how hard it got.

If you need someone to talk to who knows the feeling you're having then i can certainly talk to you and try to help.
I will take what was done to me and use it to help someone else, that way it at least seems almost worth going through.
We also live in the same country and i'm fine to even meet if it helps.

I have re read your first post, you say you have problems meeting new people?
That's what used to make me shake etc, i do believe i've been in a very similar situation and i do believe i could help to some degree at least.

Let me know if you want to talk or anything, it's no bother for me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

D.

P.S. @Wolfehunter: I actually understand what you're trying to say, i don't think it's helpful in the current situation but i do see it's intended to be helpful.

Maverick_U2007
08-01-2008, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Maverick_U2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolfehunter:

Just about everything you have written is BILGE...and not a single sentence is in anyway helpful.

4. Sometimes people are not in control of their 'fate' and need the help of others.
5 I hope you are never in the position that he is at the moment...don't ever believe that it will never happen to you...I thought that and it nearly finished me off....AND...everyone said..'No that can't be happening to him!!!'

So to sum up....if you have nothing constructive to say, because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, why not go and join a boxing club to work off your obvious aggressive tendancies.

Maverick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok Wolfehunter, maybe I did go a bit over the top about your post and YES I can understand what you were trying to say....however well-meaning you intended it to be...it will not help with his current situation.

Machoism..ie 'Come on pull yourself together' is something that is experienced by people with Depression because they cannot recognise that it is in fact an illness. When it is recognised as such it is a lot easier to deal with it and one of the major things that can assist is 'support'. I have said on another post on these forums that I had problems and I know that at one stage I was only minutes from ending my life......

I don't want to see anyone get to that stage when the issues can be sorted out if properly handled.

Karl is still posting here, he is seeing his quack and is hoping that she will give the 'shrink' a kick up the butt. That is all positive stuff.

Stick at it Karl.

Maverick

Wolfehunter
08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_U2007:

Maverick
Works for me.

1) Last resort. But it solves plenty.

2) Agreed. But sometimes primal human traits can't be ignored. Some people have hard heads.

3) They don't seem to be working from his explanation. But your right in a sense.

4) For weak minded people? I guess your right.

5) I wouldn't let myself get into a situation like that. One way or another I would handle it. I have plenty life challenges to keep me busy. 99% are non violent. There is always a solution to a problem. Finding it can only be difficult if you make it so.

Maverick all I said is he should stand up for himself. I can't understand why people let themselves take abuse? It doesn't compute for me sorry maverick.

Scrap boxing I took martial arts Aikido. hehehe.

Posted by Karl_Donitz_Jr

Wolfehunter, I know that I shouldn't let it happen to me, but I have tried words and it dosn't work and when I was at college I almost killed somebody who pushed me too far. I swore then that I would never let it happen again. As a result I will only use physical force as a measure of last resort in self defence.

That just leaves me with words and they do not work, which is a great pity. I have been told recently that it is probably because I am a "Higher Social Class" than them. Personally I think that smacks of snobbery but that is me.

I understand Karl. Then shut the door on these people who are destroying your life or restrict them. Others are pulling your strings and your about to pop. If you don't get control soon your past fighting experiance will happen again if you don't release some of your tension.

Get a hobbie dude. Sink some ships in SH3 or SH4 or find a game that can help release some of your fustrations.

DarkOmen13
08-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I will have to disagree with you there, i thinbk you are again with the right idea, from your point of view.
Thing is people don't all share the same one.

Not trying to start anything but i personally am not sure this is the place for starting an argument...........

We are supposed to be trying to help here, and you do come across as rather aggressive, wether or not you mean to.

D.

M0ttie
08-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Maverick.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

M0ttie
08-01-2008, 02:47 PM
KDJr,
Anyone who tells you they think you are a higher social class is simply jealous..........

switchman72
08-02-2008, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Wolfehunter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maverick_U2007:

Maverick
Works for me.

1) Last resort. But it solves plenty.

2) Agreed. But sometimes primal human traits can't be ignored. Some people have hard heads.

3) They don't seem to be working from his explanation. But your right in a sense.

4) For weak minded people? I guess your right.

5) I wouldn't let myself get into a situation like that. One way or another I would handle it. I have plenty life challenges to keep me busy. 99% are non violent. There is always a solution to a problem. Finding it can only be difficult if you make it so.

Maverick all I said is he should stand up for himself. I can't understand why people let themselves take abuse? It doesn't compute for me sorry maverick.

Scrap boxing I took martial arts Aikido. hehehe.

Posted by Karl_Donitz_Jr

I understand Karl. Then shut the door on these people who are destroying your life or restrict them. Others are pulling your strings and your about to pop. If you don't get control soon your past fighting experiance will happen again if you don't release some of your tension.

Get a hobbie dude. Sink some ships in SH3 or SH4 or find a game that can help release some of your fustrations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Wolfehunter, I dont know if u saw my post from previous page or not, but i was in Somalia
for 7&1/2 months with people shooting at me and me shooting at other people. Thats about as aggressive as one person can get in this world.

I understand what your saying, but when your dealing with the human psyche, violence won't bring much peace to one's self.

Like i said previously i was in the Marines and
i've done some pretty violent things in my life.
all it does is usually push people away from you.

It seems Karl needs people around him right now.

DarkOmen13
08-02-2008, 07:17 AM
@switchman72 i agree with you on that.
If you read my earlier post about my past, that i got all that as a punishment for being born practically. Imagine how angry that would make you?
Believe me when i say i've been there.......

Thing is, as you say, it does'nt matter if you hurt/kill the one who did it to you. YOU are still messed up and YOU will still be messed up afterwards.

I dealt with all most of my problems all almost alone. I don't drink, take drugs or have any religious beliefs at all, i say it CAN be done and that it does'nt require being aggressive.
Admittedly this is my point of view, but then i have proved my way works.

If you have lots of problems, does an extrea assualt charge or worse really help?
Looks like another problem to add to me......

Your greatest enemy is yourself and that's who you have to deal with. No matter what happens you will ALWAYS be stuck with yourself at least until you die, or whatever you believe after that.

D.

Wolfehunter
08-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by switchman72:
It seems Karl needs people around him right now. I agree with you totally.

tuddley3
08-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Thank you gentleman for keeping it civil and apologizing to each other. If anybody disagrees with someone, please send them a PM, don't argue in here.

I also appreciate how this community is pulling together to help one of our brothers out, that's what makes Ubi a very unique forum(It's full of kind and generous people).

Kielhauler1961
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Karl,

You haven't posted for a few days. You ok?

Best wishes, KH.

Mittelwaechter
08-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Karl?

Surface, mate!

Realjambo
08-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Perhaps Karl is staying at Periscope depth in light of recent posts. I'm sure he'll surface when his batteries need charging, in a safe place where he knows he'll be very welcome.

Karl_Donitz_Jr
08-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Perhaps Karl is staying at Periscope

Not quite Realjambo.

I was crusing at chocolate cookies and mars bars depth. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

I spoke to my Quack. She seemed to think I either had heat stroke or stress. She said that I should sign myself off for a week or so to see what happens. Wonderful plan says I, but I don't get sick pay and can't afford time off http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Personally I am 90% sure the problem is work so I am looking around, but since the UK is on the brink of a recession I am not holding my breath.

I am thinking of diversifying though. Anybody know any good career paths that do not involve people interaction?

In the meantime, I am going to get some sleep with the twins. No, not THAT sort of twins. I mean my twin girls. Pet Rats, as opposed to the other twins which would be the twin boy cats I also have.

Diving back to silent running now, hoping that the nutter with a hammer upstairs will not give my position away..... (Yes, he is STILL here)

klcarroll
08-05-2008, 03:48 PM
@Karl;

It's good to hear from you!

We won't do an "Admiral Radio Silence" routine on you by asking for position updates every fifteem minutes! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But do check in whenever it's safe, ...to let us know that you're still good on torps and fuel, ...and "on Patrol"! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

(I'd loan you Socko; .....But he's noisy at night, and a terrible role-model! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif)

klcarroll

Ronin_32
08-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Karl you should be able to get stautory sick pay after more than 3 days off work. It is the law, however it is not very much, but I think you can claim benefits too.