PDA

View Full Version : Default Skins?

RS.Wedge
05-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I would like to add my call sign to the default Spitfire skins, but I cant find them.

When I look into the indivual Spit folders found in the PaintScheme folder all that is in there is the "Void" file. I noticed that several of the various aircraft just have the "void" file in their indivdual folders.

Where are the default skins located?

Thanks for any help.

RS.Wedge
05-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I would like to add my call sign to the default Spitfire skins, but I cant find them.

When I look into the indivual Spit folders found in the PaintScheme folder all that is in there is the "Void" file. I noticed that several of the various aircraft just have the "void" file in their indivdual folders.

Where are the default skins located?

Thanks for any help.

Hanglands
05-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Unfortunately you can not access or alter the defaults.

RS.Wedge
05-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks for your prompt answer.

Hanglands
05-25-2007, 03:26 PM
No problem. Its been this way sonce the original IL-2 release. People have asked and posted for the defaults to be made available, but its not happened yet.

Divine-Wind
05-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Yep, no defaults open.

However, several of the aircraft have skins that are exact copies of the default skins.

tigertalon
05-26-2007, 02:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hanglands:
No problem. Its been this way sonce the original IL-2 release. People have asked and posted for the defaults to be made available, but its not happened yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not without a reason. This option would enable one to change all, say, default allied skins bright pink, and all axis fluorescent yellow. It would ruin online full real play.

Hanglands
05-26-2007, 02:38 AM
True enough.

But when I played online I found most servers didnt allow custom skins or skin download, or whatever the expression is.

I remember seeing a photo of an La-5/7 with a skin that was essentially an aerial image of the in game trees. Strange idea, but dont think it worked. A black dot in the distance is still a black dot in the distance.