PDA

View Full Version : Darn it, Pe-2 landing....

Haigotron
06-19-2006, 08:59 PM
well,

it seems to land this bird is different than many other planes in the game...

even when compared to another twin engine plane...

i find the wing dips so I increase speed, but then, i hit the ground hard, and the undercarriage breaks...

Any tips?

Haigotron
06-19-2006, 08:59 PM
well,

it seems to land this bird is different than many other planes in the game...

even when compared to another twin engine plane...

i find the wing dips so I increase speed, but then, i hit the ground hard, and the undercarriage breaks...

Any tips?

VW-IceFire
06-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Don't dip the wing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Its a high speed profile wing...not quite laminar flow but in that same sort of vein. So the landing speed should be very high compared to say a A-20G or even a Mosquito. Probably you're reducing speed too much and stalling it out. Increasing power makes it worse because it torques over.

Stackhouse25th
06-20-2006, 01:10 AM
High performance aircraft in general it is a bad idea to cut the power especially during the landing phase. For one, dont cut the power. Maintain 200KMH on your approach and only once you are 2feet from touching the runway surface cut the power. some aircraft like the 262 at gross wt need power on landing you really cant glide it in unless you are above approach airspeed 240KMH+.

PE2 is known for its bad landing qualities. No need to stall it, do wheel landings, IE you are still at flying speed although close to stalling and touch the mains not the tail.

slipBall
06-20-2006, 02:56 AM
I hav'nt 4.05 yet, but landing, is landing. Stay above the stall speed, watch your approach angle, constantly watch your airspeed

anarchy52
06-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Pe-2 killed a lot of it's pilots on landing.

Haigotron
06-20-2006, 08:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pe-2 killed a lot of it's pilots on landing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Count me as one of its virtual victims...

Secondly, anyone has any good tips on divebombing, seems vertically down does'nt cut it for this bird either...

mortoma1958
06-20-2006, 09:04 AM
I keep it about 210Kph until flaring, and cut the throttle with my wheels just above the ground.
Strange, but I find the JU-88 to be harder to land than the PE-2 by far. At least harder to make a "pretty" landing in.