PDA

View Full Version : Dodging?



m0nkeyrama
11-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Is there really dodging (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTy9yGi--t4) as a way to avoid being assassinated? (around the 3 minute mark)
Seems a little annoying to me...

godisevol
11-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Hell, I can't get anything to work when they spot me. It's like my buttons won't respond at all; no stunning, no dodging anything.

Please tell me there's a fix for this.

Halperin1
11-16-2010, 07:55 PM
It looks like a result of lag or something. I hope there is no dodging feature in the multiplayer.

Bowcaster
11-16-2010, 08:02 PM
@ godisevol: Once they have began the assassination (after they have pressed 'X' or whatever button it is on that other un-holy console...) you cannot stop it. The trick is to see them before it gets to that point.

@m0nkey: I do not believe there is dodging, havent ran into it at least.

ThiefShao
11-16-2010, 08:58 PM
It looks like its a bug, my brother had it happen to him and he couldn't assassinate anyone, it didn't give him the option and he avoided all assassinations, etc... there are other bugs like you don't get a target to kill or you aren't hunted down either. It gets quite annoying.

godisevol
11-16-2010, 09:08 PM
As soon as I see the red marker above their heads I've tried tapping and holding "B" to stun and nothing happens also tried using one of my special moves but they wouldn't do anything either. This has occurred every time, including when I was throw smoke bombs. Earlier I was yelling into the ether, because I kept spawning directly in front of whomever was trying to assassinate me EVERY TIME. It is quite frustrating. Seems like there should be some way to fend off your attacker if you spot them before they strike, but alas.

E-Zekiel
11-16-2010, 09:12 PM
There is, by stunning them. I don't know why some people have such issue with it. It was waaaaaaaay harder to pull off at the start of beta.


AS A NOTE, stuns can be countered, so if you're very obvious with your stun attempt, as in whoever you are stunning is expecting it, they can counter it. Generally, however, if you catch them when they don't expect it, they simply do not have enough time to respond with a counter.

Stuns from behind also seem to have a much smaller counter window, though both are very tiny.

ThiefShao
11-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
There is, by stunning them. I don't know why some people have such issue with it. It was waaaaaaaay harder to pull off at the start of beta.


AS A NOTE, stuns can be countered, so if you're very obvious with your stun attempt, as in whoever you are stunning is expecting it, they can counter it. Generally, however, if you catch them when they don't expect it, they simply do not have enough time to respond with a counter.

Stuns from behind also seem to have a much smaller counter window, though both are very tiny.
They are talking about the dodging that happens at 3minutes in the video. Its a bug, and I know this because it happened to my bro.

E-Zekiel
11-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Oh, hmm. Haven't seen that before, not in beta and not in any matches today. Dunno about it.

Duckgrinder
11-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by godisevol:
As soon as I see the red marker above their heads I've tried tapping and holding "B" to stun and nothing happens also tried using one of my special moves but they wouldn't do anything either. This has occurred every time, including when I was throw smoke bombs. Earlier I was yelling into the ether, because I kept spawning directly in front of whomever was trying to assassinate me EVERY TIME. It is quite frustrating. Seems like there should be some way to fend off your attacker if you spot them before they strike, but alas.

This happened to a friend of mine as well. He'd spawn, and 2 seconds later the one that was targeting him was there killing him, every time. Hopefully this isn't very common.

ThiefShao
11-16-2010, 09:27 PM
maybe its only an issue on xbox? thats what I have and where I've experienced it

E-Zekiel
11-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Maybe. Looks kind of like an awkward animation. But yeah, if the "beta" bit didn't give it away, I do indeed play on PS3.

hayoye111
11-16-2010, 11:29 PM
That was probably a bug, but there is a legit way of dodging an attack apparently. I both happened to me one time, and to my prey another.

Once, I was about to assassinate my target, but he dodged it before humiliating me. Another time, I was able to dodge a kill by spamming on a hunter that I targeted. It was a very elaborate animation, so that wasn't a bug. I think it happens when you try to kill them from the front, and they have a lock on you. It's pretty neat, actually.

KCizzll
11-17-2010, 05:00 AM
Happened to me and boy did I feel burnt!

Haven't managed to do it myself yet.

For those of you who have done it, did it require pushing the stun button?

obliviondoll
11-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Watched that and looked to me like the executioner character was glitched that match - wasn't killable early on, and same character couldn't kill the person in the video later.

MAY have been specifically because it was in a chase though - both times it happened were after the hunter was exposed...

XxKillaSniperxX
11-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I've been able to pull of dodges, but only with smoke bombs.

m0nkeyrama
11-17-2010, 07:07 PM
I played a little today and I managed to dodge a couple times, so I don't think it is a glitch. I'm not quite sure what you need to do to perform a dodge, because all I did was spam the stun button once I noticed who my killer was... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

DeafAtheist
11-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by godisevol:
As soon as I see the red marker above their heads I've tried tapping and holding "B" to stun and nothing happens...

That's because if you see the red marker they are in High Profile and you can't stun a target in high profile unless you use the Charge ability or drop a smoke bomb first to stall them.

Rainie
11-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
I've been able to pull of dodges, but only with smoke bombs.

Same here, it wasn't in the beta so it's probably a new feature they added. If you're able to get smokebomb off in time you automatically dodge your pursuer's attempted assassination, and while they're choking you can stun them

DeafAtheist
11-18-2010, 10:55 AM
It's the Mute Ability in effect. It prevents everyone in the immediate area from being able to attack or use their abilities for a short period of time so when you try to attack someone after you've been muted they will automatically dodge you.

Swindlers-Mana
11-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by godisevol:
Hell, I can't get anything to work when they spot me. It's like my buttons won't respond at all; no stunning, no dodging anything.

Please tell me there's a fix for this.


Same here. While in "silent" I have approached people from the side to kill them and they like block my arm and dodge then stun me. But No matter whether I am locked on or not I can never stun anyone.

Thrakus183
11-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Yea I got this bug last night.
The attacker was near my, I threw smoke, he still lunged and the dodge animation happened, but then I couldn't stun him at all and it froze my char till the attacked stopped coughing and killed me lol.
And also had a dodge where my target completely dissapeared and reappeared across the map.

I think it's a lag thing.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
It's the Mute Ability in effect. It prevents everyone in the immediate area from being able to attack or use their abilities for a short period of time so when you try to attack someone after you've been muted they will automatically dodge you.

Can't be, atleast not in the posted video. No player in said video was a high enough level to have that ability unlocked.

DeafAtheist
11-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by XxKillaSniperxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
It's the Mute Ability in effect. It prevents everyone in the immediate area from being able to attack or use their abilities for a short period of time so when you try to attack someone after you've been muted they will automatically dodge you.

Can't be, atleast not in the posted video. No player in said video was a high enough level to have that ability unlocked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was assuming. I was wrong. I just had someone use it on me just before attempting an assassination on them. My buttons just simply would not respond. There was no dodge like in the video... so I don't know what it could be.

hayoye111
11-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Not to mention that the basic mute ability only last 1.5 second, barely enough time stun a pursuer that's about to kill you.

EvillllllllllL
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM
If you use mute on someone all there attacks and ability's are dodged its a special you get at lvl 25 i think i have it, i use it, i love it