PDA

View Full Version : E3 demo, why do they always do the same thing?

jaadams114
07-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I've seen user uploaded E3 demos where the demo was out in the open and random people would go and play it and use there camera to record them doing it. Each time they always do the same thing. They always climb the first building the same way, assassinates that guy in the watch tower, goes to flying machine (that's inevitable) then assassinates the 3 guys the same way. The fight always seems the same way to. Is there a video where he climbs the first building differently or assassinates on the rooftop differently?

Shadowland69
07-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Do u have any links to these ?

Would be nice...

Thanks

Kharturr
07-12-2009, 12:00 PM
No, I know what you're talking about, I was wondering the same thing myself, but who knows. It was probably all people from Ubi playing or something haha

Stickman08
07-12-2009, 12:03 PM
In a video, I don't remember exactly they were playing the E3 demo "live" and the guy playing failed to double-assassinate the two guys on the roof so I guess it's just a liniar E3 demo.

Xm3buX
07-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Stickman08:
In a video, I don't remember exactly they were playing the E3 demo "live" and the guy playing failed to double-assassinate the two guys on the roof so I guess it's just a liniar E3 demo.

Yeah, that was the IGN demo where he failed the double assassination.

And the AC2 demo was not open for anyone to play, only the developers could play it, and I guess they didn't want to show off too many of his new moves, so they played it the same each time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Ezio_475
07-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Thats weird, Patrice said you didn't have to dodge arrows in the flying machine part until it is actually released, he said they want to make it easier for the people playing at e3. So maybe people can play it at e3?

"Life is made by the death of others" - Leonardo Da Vinci.

caswallawn_2k7
07-12-2009, 04:25 PM
the demo was made purly for E3 it was not a full version of the game, it was basicaly a set linier level to show the basic concepts of the game. when the game actualy launches chances are this mission wont even exist and the city scape will be compleatly differant.

SharkMRX
07-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
the demo was made purly for E3 it was not a full version of the game, it was basicaly a set linier level to show the basic concepts of the game. when the game actualy launches chances are this mission wont even exist and the city scape will be compleatly differant.

Yes they do that a lot with demo's in a demo of AC1 Alta´r could cut trough a wooden structure and this would colapse and block the road. You couldn't do that in the real game, a pity. And in the demo they had just build a city that didn't even exist in the game.

Ezio_475
07-12-2009, 04:44 PM
That city did exist, it was Acre. But it was slightly different from the outside and the assassination wasn't the same in the game.

"Life is made by the death of others" - Leonardo Da Vinci.

caswallawn_2k7
07-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Ezio trying to get him to understand that is like trying to hammer a nail made of wood through a metal block.

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 02:02 AM
I think the OP was under the impression that the videos were of the demo being played by the people who uploaded the videos. As in, leaked. But, of course, all the demo playthroughs seen on the internet are by Ubi.

So while Patrice pointed out that the entire city is accessible in the demo, it's likely that it is just eyecandy except for the areas designed for the demonstration.

In other words, what else are they gonna do? Just parkour around an empty city?

mazorr
07-25-2009, 02:05 AM
good point

Cpt_Yanni
07-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Like some already have mentioned, Patrice said this demo was designed for E3 and they didn't put this one open to public because the entire city (Venice) is playable and also the fact that they didn't want to show "too much". This is also the reason why they did every time the same...

Account_Deleted
07-25-2009, 03:14 AM
i just noticed this but every demo is acttully some form of tutorial

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 02:35 PM
What do you mean, a_d?

RipYourSpineOut
07-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Does anyone else other than me keep noticing that pathway leading to the left during the beginning of the demo? The one before you parkour up the boxes? People keep swaying the camera there, then putting it back.

I wanna see what's there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

EmperorxZurg
07-25-2009, 07:56 PM
lol it's trying to tempt you to break into there office and just go down that alley, then go down the next alley there, then the next then the next and b4 u know it, the team comes in and u go "just five more minutes! I want to see where the end to this God-Damn alley is!"

eZpiri2
07-26-2009, 12:06 AM
I think the reason why they made the demo easier is for the time. A demo is mostly short, while trying to avoid showing a lot of info. The demo was probably made easy so they would be able to show the whole thing in an interview without the time flying away.

I think they should put the demo up for download.