PDA

View Full Version : have you ever noticed all the mario bros referances

monkeyuncle8
03-19-2010, 06:40 PM
So has anyone notice how many references there are to Mario bros in ac2?

1.mario saying its me mario

2. the guards are dressed in green and red just like mario and luigi

3.the sign for leonardo closely resembles the sign for luigi

LaFawn
03-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes, lol. Especially the "It's me, Mario!"

Jack-Reacher
03-19-2010, 07:59 PM
I think everyone noticed the first one, but I never thought about the red and green guards before

Ru1986
03-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Yea i have noticed all of this too its quiet amusing i think Nintendo must have allowed Ubisoft the rights to it as i am sure Nintendo would have copywrote the Itsa me Mario saying surely.

drfathertime
03-20-2010, 08:36 AM
@Ru1986

Are you so naive to believe one-liners needs any kinda of "green light" from original makers?

One-liners and some characters occasionally pops up in other games for shout-out and pop culture references, such as dopefish appearing in various games with line "Dopefish lives!".

FeroxtheWizard
03-20-2010, 09:21 AM
I didn't get the rest but the " Itsa Me, Mario" jumped right out at me and I laughed my *** off.

I Think the guard colors are probably more related to family crest/colors/nation colors.

APHughes
03-21-2010, 05:28 AM
I never got the Mario bros reference before. Didnt like the mario bros games anyway. I would think it is a coninsidence considering they ware in Italy and Mario is an Italian name!!

jimbo11235813
03-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by APHughes:
I never got the Mario bros reference before. Didnt like the mario bros games anyway. I would think it is a coninsidence considering they ware in Italy and Mario is an Italian name!!
It's no coincidence that Mario is a Italian name and that's the name of both characters. If you remember the way Mario introduces himself and then compare it the (super) Mario voice in this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RRO7tAJYnI)

As for the other two references, the colour of uniform and the L for Leonardo, I'm a little doubtful about them. I don't know much about colours of cities, but the Leonardo seems a bit of a coincidence.