PDA

View Full Version : This has probably been asked before but...

blazer-glory
07-31-2005, 04:25 PM
I just wondered what planes you lot fly and why. This is'nt a noob question ,with me trying to find out what plane I should be flying, its just Ive noticed every has their favourites and alot of it seems geographical,ie british flyers seem to prefer Spit and Hurricane etc etc. Please, no mention of 109s though. :s

Low_Flyer_MkII
07-31-2005, 04:36 PM
I must confess to patriotic leanings towards the Spit and the Hurri, and as my grandfather served on a Royal Navy carrier I am more than a little interested in anything flown by the Fleet Air Arm. However, the underdog planes of all nations (CR42, Gladdie, Buffalo, etc.) are regularly tested on my X-45. While I have the greatest of respect for the men who flew bombers for real, their virtual counterparts don't exactly float my boat, if you catch my drift.

blazer-glory
07-31-2005, 04:41 PM
The trouble now is I now have nearly all of Olegs sims and there are just sooo many planes. I give them all a quick spin and to my untrained eyes alot seem to handle the same. Im just waiting for one to click with me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I guess in the end I will end up with either a Spit or hurricane being from the other side of the pond! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FlatSpinMan
07-31-2005, 05:59 PM
I've never actually settled on any one plane. Those I fly regularly include early 109s, buffalos, actually pretty much whatever is in the latest campaign I happen to be flying so that means P-40s, F4Fs, Fw190s and recently Bf109 E and G2. In the last two weeks I have finally spent a bit of time in the La-5s and -7s. They are a breeze to fly and fight with, I can see why people complain about them being overmodelled, but they're great to be in.

FlatSpinMan
07-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Just thinking... I tend not to fly the Spits and Mustangs. Originally I liked them but I find them a bit bland these days. I also prefer the cannon armament on the German planes in particular. I know the Spit has Hispanos but.. I still think the Spit is the most beautful plane around, I just never fly it.

WarWolfe_1
07-31-2005, 06:19 PM
I fly the 47D-10 quiet abit.....I have found that the 40 is a very forgiving and well mannerd plane. I also really enjoy the Hellcat, IMHO the best fighter in the PTO. Its war time kill ratio was 17to1, speaks volumes for it.
Like LowFlyer I'm bias for US planes.

Stigler_9_JG52
07-31-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm a Bf109 man from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. I even look down my nose at FW190s, even though they're a highly capable plane!

I have a soft spot for Zeros, too. But, the later in the war you go, they pretty much stop being competitive; very frustrating to fly against entire planesets than can just walk away from you whenever they want.

But, in the right circumstances, I'll fly just about anything on a lark. I'm a WWII aircraft fan, so all of them interest me to some degree, even the cr@ppy ones.

AlGroover
07-31-2005, 06:45 PM
The planes I've had most fun flying (in no particular order) are Brewster B239, Yak3, P40 field mod., Ki61 Tony and Hellcat.

VW-IceFire
07-31-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm Canadian...I love my Spitfire. But its up there in my top 5:
1) Spitfire
2) FW190
3) F4U Corsair
4) P-51 Mustang
5) Yak-9 (of various models, particularly 9U)

LStarosta
07-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Even though it's porked as hell, I love the 109K4.

Xiolablu3
07-31-2005, 08:30 PM
I have no Country Bias at all, I love all the planesets int he game.

The plane I fly depends on the server, if its a dogfight server I like the KI84, Spit and 190D.

If its a mission based server, then I will fly either red or blue, and pick the best plane for the job on either side. Could be anything.

I love flying the FW190A8, but if there are late war planes on the server then it get out-classed. (as it should)
I love flying the 109E, 109F, 109G hell I just like flying ANYTHING! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(I just realised I was about to list every plane in the game)

JG7_Rall
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
German -- 190 A6 or D9

American -- F4F, F6F, F4U, and P51 from time to time

I fly German pretty much exclusivly in the WTO and ETO, but in the PTO I love American carrier aircraft.

LeadSpitter_
07-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Everything in game, the planes fly most online are the 109 190s p51 47 38 39 spit lagg3 zeke type 21 p40 wildcat la and the props i fly least have to be the spits emils hurricane p11 and iar80 series. It seems they are so rare only place i seen them is on one of crazyivans coops.

Greatergreen use to have them but it seems greatergreen is no longer listed on HL does anyone know what happened to GG?

Xiolablu3
08-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah , just to add to my earlier post I wanted to say that I really like the semi-real scenario based missions such as:
P40s and F6's vs Zeros and carriers. Hurricanes Vs 109E's and Heinkels.
FW190D and 109K4 vs LA7 and Yak9

These are GREAT fun and much better than playing different maps but with the same planeset over and over again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Trying to bomb or torp a carrier and ships is amazing.