PDA

View Full Version : New hunting 101...

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 06:30 AM
On today's episode of IL2 New Hunter we'll be discussing the proper ways to hunt newbs.
So we take off in the trusty newb fishing boat also known as the TB-3. This large slow blundering bomber is just too much for most newbs to resist.
What we do is we troll along waiting for a newb to take the bait knowing that the AI gunnery has been tuned down. They cannot miss the huge lumbering beast. It also helps to use an easily spotted paint scheme. On todays winter map we'll be using green camo.
You must be carefull when hunting newbs though as sometimes an ace will take the bait. This is fatal most times, but we're in luck. Here comes a noob now.
It easy to tell the noobs as the normally fast craft they fly seem to slow down to a crawl as they try to manuever in behind you.
Now we're all trimmed out... Let's hop into the gunner's seat. Alright this is a good one he's coming straight at us now! Creiky look at the size of 'em!
All right lets fire wide. We do this as it boost his confidence in not getting caught.
Yup here he comes...wait...wait for it...NOW! Obviously caught off guard by the sudden deadly accuracy of the gunner was too much for him. There we go he's bailed out now... Lets turn around and go pick him up.
Ah! We caught him in the prop again. Blasted we need a net! Oh well we'll just cut the power to engine 2, and put out the fire.

Stay tuned for our next episode when we take out the trusty HE-111, and go hunt some allied newbs.

Ok this thread was meant to be funny, and was inspired by both boredom and online events. When caught in a bad vulching situation with bases in close proximity I hopped in a TB-3 as they make good base defense AA. Rather than refly I decided to go for a spin, and maybe drop some 1,000 lb bombs on their base. Shot down 3 aircraft as a hip gunner when they literally flew in right behind me and slowed down. I did go down as they had taken out a couple of engines in the process. Then someone landed some hits into the pilot which ended it.
Also got one sitting at my base when a 109 came straight down the runway vulching a fighter who was rolling out.
Wish I had started a trk for it, but I was just trying to keep the vulchers off the base. Not exactly an awe inspiring show to your online friends thing.
Seems whenever I start rolling film everything goes wrong or nothing really interesting happens.
Also I'd hate making someone watch 20 minutes of trk to see one BnZ kill. Which is about my rate yet you get a few when you play long enough lol.
Eventually I'll have to figure out how to edit video. Then I can let it run all the time, and just edit out the flying around, and just have the dogfighting.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 06:30 AM
On today's episode of IL2 New Hunter we'll be discussing the proper ways to hunt newbs.
So we take off in the trusty newb fishing boat also known as the TB-3. This large slow blundering bomber is just too much for most newbs to resist.
What we do is we troll along waiting for a newb to take the bait knowing that the AI gunnery has been tuned down. They cannot miss the huge lumbering beast. It also helps to use an easily spotted paint scheme. On todays winter map we'll be using green camo.
You must be carefull when hunting newbs though as sometimes an ace will take the bait. This is fatal most times, but we're in luck. Here comes a noob now.
It easy to tell the noobs as the normally fast craft they fly seem to slow down to a crawl as they try to manuever in behind you.
Now we're all trimmed out... Let's hop into the gunner's seat. Alright this is a good one he's coming straight at us now! Creiky look at the size of 'em!
All right lets fire wide. We do this as it boost his confidence in not getting caught.
Yup here he comes...wait...wait for it...NOW! Obviously caught off guard by the sudden deadly accuracy of the gunner was too much for him. There we go he's bailed out now... Lets turn around and go pick him up.
Ah! We caught him in the prop again. Blasted we need a net! Oh well we'll just cut the power to engine 2, and put out the fire.

Stay tuned for our next episode when we take out the trusty HE-111, and go hunt some allied newbs.

Ok this thread was meant to be funny, and was inspired by both boredom and online events. When caught in a bad vulching situation with bases in close proximity I hopped in a TB-3 as they make good base defense AA. Rather than refly I decided to go for a spin, and maybe drop some 1,000 lb bombs on their base. Shot down 3 aircraft as a hip gunner when they literally flew in right behind me and slowed down. I did go down as they had taken out a couple of engines in the process. Then someone landed some hits into the pilot which ended it.
Also got one sitting at my base when a 109 came straight down the runway vulching a fighter who was rolling out.
Wish I had started a trk for it, but I was just trying to keep the vulchers off the base. Not exactly an awe inspiring show to your online friends thing.
Seems whenever I start rolling film everything goes wrong or nothing really interesting happens.
Also I'd hate making someone watch 20 minutes of trk to see one BnZ kill. Which is about my rate yet you get a few when you play long enough lol.
Eventually I'll have to figure out how to edit video. Then I can let it run all the time, and just edit out the flying around, and just have the dogfighting.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 06:35 AM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Bump...

C'mon only one person got a chuckle out of this? I thought I did a good crocodile hunter text impression lol.

Ok sour krouts http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif No more Newb hunter stories! lol
Go stand in the corner for 5 minutes. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Bump this is really great stuff!!!

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 12:37 PM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

i did a similar thing a few nights ago over on the AFJ server, after being vulched 5 times (right from joining server, and yes using 2 different airfields) on takeoff or less than 300m from base, i jumped in a tb3 sat on the runway shot down 3 suckers trying to vulch then switched to a real plane and had enough time to takeoff

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Actually, Hopperfly22, that was funny.

And why do my missions get boring or I instantly get shot down when I hit `save` , but are great when I don`t? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 06:43 PM
I think it's because you start trying to hard for the camera to make folks go "Man that was AWESOME!" when you share it. lol
Or like Skateboarding. You grind a rail 100 times, and then get someone with a camera to film it. BAM! You get a cool film of the nastiest spill you've ever had, and an ambulance ride.

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Here's to staying tuned... and for more episodes forthcoming, I hope?

SSgt Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Forums!
-Accept Follow-on Patches and stuff!
-Take the Fight Online!

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Hopperfly22, yea, do more stories. Sorry, but didn`t see your post till later! Crikey, m8! Don`t stop! Teach us more about noob fishing, whatever!

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).