PDA

View Full Version : Fighter AI and the 3 plane flight.

BH-21
08-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Well if you have ever built missions in this game you know what I'm refering to.

Three
Plane
Flight
Firey
Death
Syndrome

TPFFDS for short, is once they spot an enemy flight they turn towards it and the second element of every flight decides to collide with any planes nearby. The angle of interception doesn't seem to matter either. This occurrs very frequently, like half of the time a mission is run. Of the colliding flights, the damage varries from one or two losses to 80% of the entire formation. This is with a formation spread out enough that other flights don't interact with each other. The closer you put them together the more likely you could get 100% loss.

If nothing else is fixed, please fix this.

BH-21
08-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Well if you have ever built missions in this game you know what I'm refering to.

Three
Plane
Flight
Firey
Death
Syndrome

TPFFDS for short, is once they spot an enemy flight they turn towards it and the second element of every flight decides to collide with any planes nearby. The angle of interception doesn't seem to matter either. This occurrs very frequently, like half of the time a mission is run. Of the colliding flights, the damage varries from one or two losses to 80% of the entire formation. This is with a formation spread out enough that other flights don't interact with each other. The closer you put them together the more likely you could get 100% loss.

If nothing else is fixed, please fix this.

slo_1_2_3
08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I had 100% loss once with 30 c-47's in a large formation, one aaa gun shot at em they just bounced all over the place cutting each other in half taking off wings expploding outright. Yea it is kinda silly I hope its fixed too.

VW-IceFire
08-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Only seen that a few times to be quite honest...mind posting a mission where it happens particularly frequently?

I do occasionally see that behavior...but in building Storm Clouds Part One and Part Two I've obvserved that behavior maybe twice.

Waldo.Pepper
08-02-2006, 04:38 PM
What version of game is the pertinent question.

BH-21
08-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Any version, and particularly with the A6M series, especially the A6M2-21. I was working on one today, and it occurred 7 out of 10 times to some degree.

VW-IceFire
08-02-2006, 10:12 PM
So it has to be with 3 planes in the flight...tends to happen with Zeros? I'll give it a try. What are your typical settings (waypoint speed, altitude, AI type, etc) when it happens?

woofiedog
08-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Give UberDemon a try... you can space the aircraft in a given flight for height and distance in between aircraft and flight.

A Very Mint feature... just click on More Clone Options. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif