PDA

View Full Version : Oleg please: one question for all...

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 07:48 PM
We heard the news about the new sim coming in 2005.
It's a great and promising news, even though some might have been disappointed because the Mediterranean theatre was way higher on the wish list. I am among these, but I still like the BoB as a "second choice".

The question is: are there new theatres "pre-planned" for it? Is your intention in advance to expand the sim with add-on's and/or follow-on's beased on the same engine, but covering other areas? I "kind-of" remember an answer of yours pointing to such a picture, so that the whole WWII conflict (and more?) would be covered in a couple of years, based on the same product. If you confirm this, then we "Med whiners" could calm a bit. Or even get more excited.
As somebody already pointed out, the BoB would make perfect sense for such a program to start from, both by a chronological (within WWII) and a technological (sim's engine features) point of view.

Moreover, in the IL-2 FB line after the upcoming upgrade, and the add-on coming early next year, what are we going to expect, exactly? Another add-on? Commercial or for free? And then? Other add-on's and upgrades, or no more?
What about all the new planes in progress from Netwings?

Thanks for reading, and replying, just in case.

Aeronautico

Message Edited on 10/06/0310:21PM by Aeronautico

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 07:48 PM
We heard the news about the new sim coming in 2005.
It's a great and promising news, even though some might have been disappointed because the Mediterranean theatre was way higher on the wish list. I am among these, but I still like the BoB as a "second choice".

The question is: are there new theatres "pre-planned" for it? Is your intention in advance to expand the sim with add-on's and/or follow-on's beased on the same engine, but covering other areas? I "kind-of" remember an answer of yours pointing to such a picture, so that the whole WWII conflict (and more?) would be covered in a couple of years, based on the same product. If you confirm this, then we "Med whiners" could calm a bit. Or even get more excited.
As somebody already pointed out, the BoB would make perfect sense for such a program to start from, both by a chronological (within WWII) and a technological (sim's engine features) point of view.

Moreover, in the IL-2 FB line after the upcoming upgrade, and the add-on coming early next year, what are we going to expect, exactly? Another add-on? Commercial or for free? And then? Other add-on's and upgrades, or no more?
What about all the new planes in progress from Netwings?

Thanks for reading, and replying, just in case.

Aeronautico

Message Edited on 10/06/0310:21PM by Aeronautico

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 08:48 PM
nt

http://www.nurple.com/sideshow/schlitz.gif
The Rad

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Some answers by Ian at SimHQ:

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=004437