PDA

View Full Version : Fatique suggestion

justaclick
04-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Since nobody likes the present fatigue representation, why not change it to reflect patrol length fatigue?

The crew would be more efficient just out of port than after a long cruise.

Long periods of battle stations or bad weather would still result in higher fatigue.

Recovery in quarters would also have to be slower, allowing reward for not keeping the men at stations all the time. All the present modifiers for fatigue would still have effect, but captains could get on with their mission.

justaclick
04-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Since nobody likes the present fatigue representation, why not change it to reflect patrol length fatigue?

The crew would be more efficient just out of port than after a long cruise.

Long periods of battle stations or bad weather would still result in higher fatigue.

Recovery in quarters would also have to be slower, allowing reward for not keeping the men at stations all the time. All the present modifiers for fatigue would still have effect, but captains could get on with their mission.

Capt.LoneRanger
04-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Really? Nobody likes the fatigue system? Why do you call me nobody!?

rockhound
04-07-2005, 01:18 PM
I would certainly say that a vast majority of us players do not like the current fatigue mode in the game. The least they could have is an option to turn it off...Why the captain (player) has to micro-manager the bedtimes of all it crew is just crazy..the fatigue kicks in too fast and too much playtime is spent moving crew around.

MrWinkie
04-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I personally think the fatigue ratio/times are rediculous and make an otherwise GREAT Sim very unrealistic.

I have had engine room crews get "tired" after having a full rest after only approx 2.0 hrs of game time in bad weather. This is nuts.... Being prior military and working 18 hr shifts while on deployment working on aircraft during High Ops Tempo...I can tell you yes, you are tired...but if I wanted to go nighty night after only 2 hours I would have had my **** chewed out...

Kpt_Zig
04-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I think it would be ok if their starting stamina was four hours, rather than one & a half to two hours. It could raise over a period of missions to a full day (eight hours).

It does offer a game-play component of worth, that of having the right man rested at the right time. But definitely an irritation in it's current state.