PDA

View Full Version : So, the awesome hidden blade sound isn't in Revelations either.

RzaRecta357
08-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Do people miss this as much as me? It was removed in ACB. Not sure why.

I loved it.

Mic_92
08-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Never noticed.

Ioder
08-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
Never noticed.
Same with me.

Blind2Society
08-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Can't recall either. Link to vid with the sound you speak of?

ProletariatPleb
08-25-2011, 01:15 PM
He means the loud sound from AC1 that "SHING" when you stabbed someone...

LightRey
08-25-2011, 01:19 PM
It's the blade sound from AC1. It was ridiculously loud. I don't really miss it.

LieutenantJojo
08-25-2011, 01:34 PM
That was removed?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 01:51 PM
That was in Brotherhood, but only for double air assassinations or air tackles.

I'm assuming it's not in revelations for either since we've seen a double air assassinate without it.

Frankly, I don't miss it. It always took me out of the experience when it happened.

EDIT: and they've got an awesome sounding thump for when you land on a target now, which I approve of.

kriegerdesgottes
08-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah it was too loud and unrealistic. I didn't mind it being removed.

RzaRecta357
08-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Bah. I loved it and miss it. I guess people don't find it as much of a staple of the badass stabbing as I did.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Yeah it was too loud and unrealistic. I didn't mind it being removed.

I never really noticed, but have now that people have mentioned it. At that, I think the current sound is more realistic... and I enjoy it a lot more.

RzaRecta357
08-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Oh don't get me wrong. The new sound rocks. But I think of it sort of like a a running gag.

Same faces and walk. The eagles. The leaping sounds. Then the blade sound.

Sort of like, if anyone has played a GTA game...They've had the same "Squish" sound for killing peds in every game since the original. Even GTAIV with it's super realism.

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 10:09 PM
I'd call it more of a motif than a running gag. And they've moved away from the same faces thing, too. I think the faces was just a plausible excuse to re-use the same in-game model over and over. Revelations has a much higher production quality than previous games, and since each of the three major assassins in the game has separate important gameplay parts, they decided to not just update one face and give it to all of them, as they've done before, but give them each an individual face, and let the template (Desmond) get the upgraded version of the base face.

And they explained it by repealing the same loophole they used to use the same faces: the animus Desmond's in has gotten updates.

As far as resource saving plot points go, it wasn't that bad, but I'm not at all sad to see it go. After all, they all have the same animations, no need to make them look more similar.