moqqy
06-09-2007, 10:47 AM
goodluck http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

platinanick
06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Because you can't jump yourself you're buying another game? x']

darkwatch_414
06-09-2007, 11:03 AM
jumping is automatic like you dont have to touch any button or just one button men i hate it when thar hapens

PJ10130
06-09-2007, 11:09 AM
in the game development interview, when talking about the PS3 she says that X controls Altair's legs, so you should be able to jump yourself whenever you want

FableB
06-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Just because you can't jump doesn't mean things are gonna be easy, think about it, why would they make it this way? The answer is because they DO know things are gonna be hard when escaping so you need to focus on things other than jumping.

Pinjani10
06-09-2007, 11:20 AM
No offence to the op but when they say jumping is "automatic" they just mean you cant do stuff like in Oblivion (jump around everywhere) like say your walking alond the edge of a low wall, if you move off of it your guy will jump off, you still have to control what he does in order to do anything (hands, legs etc.). Also in this game why would you randomly need to jump anywhere? All it would do is attract attention

AngryMob
06-09-2007, 12:47 PM
you can probably control direction but not timing so you reach the edge of something and he will jump about where you land is up to you... also one of the interviews jade said that pressing the feet button opens up other options: run up a wall and jump off of it (X06 gameplay after the assassination) or run up and jump to the side (before the assassination same video tho) and definetly alot more than just those. but like pinjani said there wont be a point to jumping where you dont need to as long as he jumps when you do need to.

Pinjani10
06-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Hehehe I can picture putting Altair in Oblivion and hed go "Dude wtf i can jump :P"

moqqy
06-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Well, automatic jumping = WIN

Wouldn't you hate it when you fail your timing with pressing a button by 0.001 seconds you need to load a save...

chicko1983
06-09-2007, 07:02 PM
i think i heard that the jumping action is semi-automatic, in that you have to press the feet button to jump from an edge but it automatically calculates whether the jump will be a long/high/short/low sort of jump.

KnightTemplar45
06-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Is it's that semi-automatic thing then it won't be too bad. For some reason I find that when all you have to do is run at an edge and the character jumps, it takes something away from the experience for me.

xDJx_Muffins
06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
It always bugged me in the Zelda games that you couldn't jump when you wanted but having a jump button really isn't need in Assassins's Creed.

moqqy
06-09-2007, 11:02 PM
it jumps automatically, you can just decide which way Altair jumps/lands..

and i can't see how that takes something off from the experience, can you explain whats bad in it? it's like a jump button in the "forward" key..

AC_addict1
06-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I still feel that it has messed up the game because if they are going for a realistic feel to the game then we should be able to jump when ever we want ( and would you please post the source of your information?)

moqqy
06-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by AC_addict1:
I still feel that it has messed up the game because if they are going for a realistic feel to the game then we should be able to jump when ever we want ( and would you please post the source of your information?)

there is no need for the source of the information... we all know it's automatic watch the interviews.. i think newest interview saying it is ubidays trailer.

and jumping where ever you want? that doesn't take anything from the realism, you can jump when you need to, just not pointless / suicidal jumping in the middle of street that would look very silly and draw attention...

Pinjani10
06-10-2007, 09:07 PM
If you dont buy this game because you cant jump ill find you and cut out your eyes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif also who cares about jumping when you can climb buildings!?

Drunkspleen
06-11-2007, 02:37 AM
I dunno, personally I would prefer manual or semi-automated jumping, I just never really got into the whole auto jump thing in prince of persia.

At the same time, it's a relatively small issue since so many other actions are context sensitive meaning that you really don't tell it exactly what you are doing... if you get what I'm saying.

Weagle One
06-11-2007, 09:56 AM
If you want to jump around like an idiot, play World of Warcraft and make a Gnome.

moqqy
06-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Larinan:
If you want to jump around like an idiot, play World of Warcraft and make a Gnome.
Or morrowind/oblivion

DOGSKING
06-11-2007, 02:17 PM
It has to be semi-auto 'cos then if you walk up to a wall youl sudenly climb up it, or if you go up to 2 parrelel posts your walljump up it

AC_addict1
06-12-2007, 07:22 AM
is that what you mean by semi-automatic so you will still be able to jump around like an idiot if you want?

moqqy
06-12-2007, 07:36 AM
No, you can't.
Dogskin : climbing = NOT JUMPING

And the second scenario.. You can decide how you jump

AC_addict1
06-12-2007, 03:26 PM
this just sounds all F**ked up why would the dev's make it so you cant jump in an assassins game? it dosent make any sense

Pinjani10
06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Jumping around randomly DOESNT HELP YOU!

chewie1890
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
this just sounds all F**ked up why would the dev's make it so you cant jump in an assassins game? it dosent make any sense

How dare they not let me jump in a game where I play as an assassin! Assassins wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING if they couldn't jump all the over the place!!!

moqqy
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM

why would they let you jump around where you wanted?

what would you do if they let you jump everywhere? im interested, and i bet you can do the same now.

knife_X
06-13-2007, 04:39 AM
So basicly it`s gonna be jumping like in Zelda Ocarina of time? Witch is not a bad thing.

slapnuts4
06-13-2007, 09:50 AM
If jumping is your main concern in a video game go play donkey kong. Im more concerned with being able to assassinate a single target then own all his bodyguards with crazy combos, or run and pick them off one by one.

ability to jump < ability to rage on face

Pappy1193
06-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Who cares if you can't jump i mean geez if i am jumping around the crowd is gonna say, "he's pretty ******ed" then some crazy hermit might call a guard, "sir there is a ******ed acrobat over near that really important dude" then the guard gets his pals and ownz you b4 you own the target. And if you care that much about jumping go play mario and jump all the koopas and freekin fire plants

deskpe
06-13-2007, 11:53 PM
does prince of persi warrior within have auto jump??

im fine with the idea of not jumping whenever you want but dont need to........... and if you like t jump on like a little endge or so, you can! just press leg button!

knife_X
06-14-2007, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by deskpe:
does prince of persi warrior within have auto jump??

im fine with the idea of not jumping whenever you want but dont need to........... and if you like t jump on like a little endge or so, you can! just press leg button!

All the PoP`s have semi-auto jumping!

deskpe
06-14-2007, 03:03 PM
good, because i wasnt bother by the jumping in PoP http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kamiks
06-14-2007, 04:48 PM
So, what is it? Semi-auto, or auto?

fiso16
06-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larinan:
Or morrowind/oblivion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it will be like Prince of Persia, if u just press feet, you will jump up and down, but if u run toward the building or point towards it and jump the you will climb up the wall or vault over in depending on wether you press the INTENSIFY button.

moqqy
06-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by fiso16:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larinan:
Or morrowind/oblivion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it will be like Prince of Persia, if u just press feet, you will jump up and down, but if u run toward the building or point towards it and jump the you will climb up the wall or vault over in depending on wether you press the INTENSIFY button. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source? Because I remember them stating that jumping is automatic, not semi automatic

Doogsy1
06-15-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm guessing you hold down the 'legs' button and point Altair in the direction and if there is an obstacle you encounter while you're holding it down, Altair will perform what ever contextual action suits it. For example, when you see Altair leaping along those wooden poles linking buildings above the streets, I'm thinking the player is just moving Altair and holding down the 'legs' button.

And anyway, how is it realistic that Altair would go to jump on a ledge, miss by a cm and fall to his death. Not at all for an ex-master assassin/master parkour traceur if you ask me. I don't see why you're complaining, it's not even a jump button, and it's not meant to be.

Golani2007
11-05-2007, 05:28 AM
Still....the qestion remains...
Is jumping aotomatic?!?

avsrule247
11-05-2007, 05:40 AM
Are you serious?

Golani2007
11-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah...
Is it automatic or not?

arbiol
11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
yes, jumping is automatic. although you can do some jumps by pressing the button, like leap of faith..
and that depends on the mode too, in the low profile mode you will stop at the edge, but in high profile you'll jump.

Hidden-Blade
11-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Right...I'll try and explain this. If you hold the right trigger Altair goes into a jog.
Hold the right trigger and A/X he goes into a sprint.
For jumping, if you run to a ledge only holding the right trigger altair stops. If you run to a ledge holding the right trigger and tap A/X you will jump.
If you run to a ledge holding the right trigger and A/X, Altair will jump and if you keep holding them he will continue to jump with out you repeatedly having to tap A/X

Anyway, hoped that helped.

arbiol
11-05-2007, 01:18 PM
yeah thats it:
normal mode: walking
right trigger: jogging
jogging + A/X: free run: automatic jump, automatic wall climbing..

Shivair
11-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by DOGSKING:
Is jumping automatic ?????

Jumping is just like in Zelda, it will be automatic, when u press forwards at the edge of something.. Its probably much easier to play & run away from guards and stuff.. Cause your focusing on the crowd as hell!

Hidden-Blade
11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Jumping is not like Zelda because if you look at the Button map when the game is being played, A=Jump.

For more information look at my earlier post/arbiols post

TheCreed
11-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Im thinkin the jumping is gonna be somethin like the zelda(s) on nintendo 64.....so it wont be bad at all